Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BirdHunter is offline Starter

Going to my first game this weekend!!!!

My wife just won 2 tickets to this weekends game ;D ;D ;D. They are in section 119 row 13. My only question is, where is the best place to park? She won them from work and they are also paying for milage from Winona, and parking.
    [size=10pt]

Friendship is like pissing your pants...
    Everyone can see it,
    But only you can feel its true warmth!!!
    [/size]

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Going to my first game this weekend!!!!

"BirdHunter" wrote:
    My wife just won 2 tickets to this weekends game ;D ;D ;D. They are in section 119 row 13. My only question is, where is the best place to park? She won them from work and they are also paying for milage from Winona, and parking.
    Singer, your neighbor just across the border in WI, can probably tell you the best place to park...but the PP.O gang usually tailgates in Rapid Park over near the Target Center, then just takes the light rail to the Dome!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Rapid Park is the official tailgating spot.
    They will shuttle you from the lot to the dome and back via bus, and I believe it costs $15.

If you aren't into tailgating, there are many, many lots and ramps in downtown Minny within walking distance of the dome.
    Just drive down Washington, 3rd, 4th or 6th street and you will see all sorts of people standing on the street waving red flags indicating spaces available.
    The odds are if you are driving up from Winona, you will enter the city right next to the dome on 3rd street (although traffic sucks there).
    The Washington street lots might be the best bet for you.

We park in a ramp on the corner of 4th Ave and 6th street.
    It is nice because it is a fairly quick trip out of the city after the game.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

BirdHunter is offline Starter

Thanks for the info, I think I'll skip the tailgating. My wifes boss called her tonight and told her that there are 2 VIP field passes waiting for us for before the game. ;D ;D ;D
    [size=10pt]

Friendship is like pissing your pants...
    Everyone can see it,
    But only you can feel its true warmth!!!
    [/size]

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

have fun at your first game, you'll enjoy it.

ah man im so jealous of you!!! thats awesome. have fun!
    "God has blessed me tremendously. I'd be a fool to complain."
    "From what I understand, the coaches will put the best 11 on the field."
    -Tyrell Johnson

bearitall Guest

"BirdHunter" wrote:
    Thanks for the info, I think I'll skip the tailgating. My wifes boss called her tonight and told her that there are 2 VIP field passes waiting for us for before the game. ;D ;D ;D
    For going to your first game and having lowers and field passes you truly scored there!!!!
    Have fun and make Tomlin proud by yelling your voice away!!!

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"BirdHunter" wrote:
    Congrats BH!
    I'm sure you'll have a great time, enjoy!
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "BirdHunter" wrote:
    Singer, your neighbor just across the border in WI, can probably tell you the best place to park...but the PP.O gang usually tailgates in Rapid Park over near the Target Center, then just takes the light rail to the Dome!

Cajun is spot on. I live in Fountain City just across the Mississippi from you & was born & raised in Winona & have worked at TRW there for 25 years.

I'm a season ticket holder & go to every game. Sometimes I end up with an extra ticket ot two & am looking for someone wanting to go to the game.

Why didn't you call me before?
    ;D

The best, easiest & quickest ramp that I always go to when I don't tailgate is right off the 5th St. (Metrodome) exit ramp off of 94W. The cost is usually $20-$25, but it's an easy in & off of 94. Here are the directions.

From Winona, take highway 61 north thru Red Wing. Do not take the highway 316 exit that goes to Hastings. Instead go straight. You will go past Miellsville & New Trier.

About 4 miles past New Trier take a right onto highway 52 North. Stay on highway 52 North until the 94W exit in St. Paul. (Do not take 494W).

Stay on 94W until exit 234B (The 5th St. exit). As you come down the exit,
    there is a parking ramp on the left. That is where I normally park.

You exit the ramp on the opposite side you entered it on & it will take you right onto highway 94E. Follow 94E to highway 52 South. (exit 242D). Stay on 52 South until you get to Hampton. Take the Farmington exit (Highway 50) & at the stop sign, take a left. It will take you past New Trier & Mielsville again & then it will turn into highway 61 again.

Just stay in highway 61 until you get to Winona.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

darkflood is offline Starter

I've only ever been to one Viking home game, but we parked in a garage on kind of the edge of downtown for about $15. It was a little bit of a walk, but all the other areas we saw were over $25 or filled up. The only thing that sucks is STUMBLING that far to get back to your car ( I had a DD like I hope everyone will!!!) It's an experience like no other;hope you enjoy it and scream so you can't talk for a day or two.
    WELL, I LL ASK HIM, BUT I DON T THINK HE WILL BE VERY KEEN. UH, HE S ALREADY GOT ONE, YOU SEE.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast