doogie88 is offline Waterboy

Going to a game, need seating advice.

Hello,
    I'm from Winnipeg, Manitoba, and will be coming down there to see the game against the Lions.
    I will be sitting in the upper level some where, and I am curious as to where the best spot would be. I understand that there are pillars in some areas that obstruct the view, so i want to try and avoid those areas.
    Here is a seating chart:
    http://stubhub.com/data/venue_maps/4203/stubhub_5328_HHHMetrodome_football.png
    We need 4 tickets, and I found some in sections:
    218, 208, 238, 223, 237, 223, 212, 222, 202
    Which of these sections would be the best to view the game? Which would be the worse? Thank you.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Re: Going to a game, need seating advice.

Personally I think that the endzone seats are great and I would go with section 208, right in the corner of the endzone. The Pillars are quite a ways up so if you are in the first 20-30 rows in the upper deck you shouldn't have any problems with pillars! Good luck and have a great time.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Hooversham is offline Starter

I sat in the lower endzone section (117 or so). It was a great place to watch the game. I would prefer to sit on the lower side, but it's another 40 bucks or so for that. Not worth it really.

I'm going to be in Minneapolis for the Detroit game in November as well. Same place this year. I hope we don't get killed like the last time I was there when we played New York.
    I can bench press my own body weight. And I weight 2,000 pounds.

Lotza is offline Team Alumni

welcome doogie!

Go vikes!!

doogie88 is offline Waterboy

ty all

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"VKG4LFE" wrote:
    Personally I think that the endzone seats are great and I would go with section 208, right in the corner of the endzone. The Pillars are quite a ways up so if you are in the first 20-30 rows in the upper deck you shouldn't have any problems with pillars! Good luck and have a great time.
    Gotta correct ya VKG4LFE. I'm a season ticket holder & sec. 208 is at the 20 yard line. The pillars are usually in row 27 of the upper deck. Any seat in row 26 or lower won't have a pillar blocking your view. Not all the seats in rows 27 & up have blocked views, but unless you know for sure, I wouldn't buy them.

Endzone seats can be alright, but when the actions at the other end of the field it's not as easy to see the ball.

My preference in the upper deck is as close as possible to the front. Sec. 207 thru 213 or 227 thru 233.

Below is a seating chart of the dome. I recommend you go to www.seatdata.com . That link will show you a seating chart. You can then click on the section you are interested in & it will show you a photograph of the field as it is viewed from that section.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"