Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    EynonPower is offline Waterboy

Goin to my first Vikings game at the dome.

Title says it all. I'm flying out to you guys from PA. It will be my first time out in Minnesota, let alone seeing a game at the Metradome. I've liked the Vikings my whole life, and while i'm sick to my stomach at their performance this year, i'm pumped up to go watch the game this sunday.

I just had a few questions....

1) What chants am I going to need to know(besides Skol Vikings)?

2) I'm going out on Saturday, flying back Monday. Where is a good place to go Saturday night and Sunday night? I'm 24 if that helps. I'd rather goto a sports bar or a place with a live band/acustic music over a club.

3) What can I expect?

4) Whats a good time to start tailgating? Whats a good time to go in and check the place out?

5) Recommendations?

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Re: Goin to my first Vikings game at the dome.

1. I think Skol is all you'll need to know.

2. I don't know much about Minneapolis, but Tom Reid's in St. Paul by the Excel Energy center is a great sportsbar.

3. You can expect a win and a lot of loudness in the dome.

4. It is never too early to start tailgating, I would get there by 8 if I was you.

5. Have fun!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

If you already know SKOL Vikings (the words are also on the Megatron) the only other chant you need to know for this game is "Packers SUCK!

The metrodome is loud & you'll enjoy the experience.

Tailgate early!

There is also a band that plays outside of the dome & there is various concession stands set up.

Sometimes retired veteran players are there signing autographs at a booth.

You can also check out Dome Plus, which is a souvenier store a couple of blocks from the dome.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Dome plus is a great store. I buy stuff from them all the time online. They get the stuff to me really fast and they have really good sales going every week/month!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Have fun brother! Its a blast!!!

Give the Vikings some love from PP.O!

CanadaViking is offline Pro-Bowler

Congratultions man, it is one of the best experiences I have ever had in my sports watching career. I go down atleast twice a year from up here in the real "Frozen Tundra"of Winnipeg in Canada! I was a huge fan before I ever went to a game, but after being for the past 5 years, I have started an obsession that I cannot control!!LOL

As far as going out on Saturday night, my buddies and I always got to The Drink, its a club downtown, however for the home opener this year we went to this lounge type bar called The Brit, it was awesome and if it isn't too cold there is a rooftop patio, with lawn bowling, that is fantastic!!

As for Sunday night it really depends on the out come of the game, if you win it is fantastic, you will be so pumped you might end up so sauced it doesn't matter anyway!!

Actually the only saving grace for me this year was, I was sitting in the lobby of my hotel pouting about the loss, when I saw 4 people get out of a Lincoln Town car all wearing #24 Bucs jerseys. So I asked why they were there, and they said because they were family of Cadillac Williams, to make a long story short, it was Caddys Mom, 2 aunts and an Uncle, it was really cool to talk to them and I got a picture with them. The uncle even knew where Winnipeg was, super cool consolation prize to the win. To add a little to the story I have Cadillac in fantasy and his Mom thought that was pretty cool.

Sorry to ramble on, but you are in for a treat, especially since it is the Packers!! Have a great time!!!

Cheers!

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

I'll be there with my brother and my son. Our plan is to tailgate at Rapid Park. I'll look for Webby's goalposts as my beacon to PPOer's. I'd assume I'll find Cajun's gumbo at that spot. BTW, Cajun has the seat next to me at the game..., it'll be sweet.

I also expect to not be able to talk for about a week after the game.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

That sounds like a good expectation to me skol, not being able to talk for a week! You know it was a good game when you come out not being able to talk!!

Articnv is offline Coach

My sugestion if your prone to migraines earplugs help alot.

And when exiting the stadium be carfeuul. It will be nice suprise for u.

BNut its agreat time u just need to now skol vikings packers suc defnse and every palyers last name to anounce when they coem out.

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

We'll be tailgating at Rapid Park (official tailgating lot behind target center)....starting at around 8 AM. We will have a 10 foot PURPLEPRIDE.ORG banner on my Tahoe, and Cajun, myself, Neum, WBL, Mrs Webby, and a host of others, VKG!!!, will be partying.

JOIN US!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast