Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

Glenn out for season; Richardson hurting

http://www.startribune.com/blogs/vikings/

Monday, November 13th, 2006 by Judd Zulgad
    Jason Glenn, a linebacker who has mainly played on special teams, is out for the season after suffering a torn ACL in his left knee on Sunday against Green Bay.

Fullback Tony Richardson now has a fractured right forearm to go along with the fracture in his right thumb. “We thought it was a contusion, but he had an X-ray after the game,” coach Brad Childress said Monday. “We’ll just have to see what his comfort level is like. No need to operate on it right now, he’s in a splint. We’ll just have to see how that goes this week.”

Meanwhile, middle linebacaker Napoleon Harris (fractured wrist) and receiver Marcus Robinson (lower back) are going to try to practice this week in preparation for Sunday’s game at Miami.

The Vikings (4-5) will take a three-game losing streak into that game. The slide comes following the Vikings’ surprise victory in Seattle. “Nothing schematically has changed, I know that,” Childress said when asked about what has happened. “It’s just a matter of execution. … Whether it be getting off the field on defense or whether it be coming up with that play and blocking somebody on the offense side. There is no magic. It’s not a magic wand. It’s just whether you do it or not or whether you’re doing it at the level you need to be doing it at.”

– NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell is in town today visiting the Vikings’ facility. Also in town is Gene Upshaw, the executive director of the NFL Players Association. Upshaw will hold an NFL Players Association meeting with Vikings players later today.

We cannot afford to loose anopther LB. Richardson getting hurt is a huge blow to an already struggling offense

Del Rio Guest

Re: Glenn out for season; Richardson hurting

Childress has obviously been hanging out too much on the PPO!

Childress:
    “Nothing schematically has changed, I know that,” Childress said when asked about what has happened. “It’s just a matter of execution. … Whether it be getting off the field on defense or whether it be coming up with that play and blocking somebody on the offense side. There is no magic. It’s not a magic wand. It’s just whether you do it or not or whether you’re doing it at the level you need to be doing it at.”

Del Rio: I think it all comes down to execution. Players dropping passes, check downs when we need longer yardage, sacks, 2nd most penalties in the NFL on offense, drive killing and score killing penalties, turnovers.

I don't see how any one can pin it on play calling. Unless Childress broke out his book of "Magical good plays" for the Seattle game. The plays work the players need to execute.

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

Of course he would, wouldn't you read the the best Vikings message boared around? Or would you read all of that other crap. Or are you really Coach childress moonlighting as a PPO moderator ;D

Del Rio Guest

"THEBIGDADDY" wrote:
    Of course he would, wouldn't you read the the best Vikings message boared around? Or would you read all of that other crap. Or are you really Coach childress moonlighting as a PPO moderator ;D
    I wish I had beady eyes and that killer stache!

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

"Del" wrote:

Childress:
    “Nothing schematically has changed, I know that,” Childress said when asked about what has happened. “It’s just a matter of execution. … Whether it be getting off the field on defense or whether it be coming up with that play and blocking somebody on the offense side. There is no magic. It’s not a magic wand. It’s just whether you do it or not or whether you’re doing it at the level you need to be doing it at.”

Del Rio: I think it all comes down to execution. Players dropping passes, check downs when we need longer yardage, sacks, 2nd most penalties in the NFL on offense, drive killing and score killing penalties, turnovers.

I don't see how any one can pin it on play calling. Unless Childress broke out his book of "Magical good plays" for the Seattle game. The plays work the players need to execute.
    Good observation Del.

Now tell me - or even better Childress - how we get rid of those penalties that haunt us each sunday.
    ???

;D

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame

"cogitans" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:

Childress:

Good observation Del.

Now tell me - or even better Childress - how we get rid of those penalties that haunt us each sunday.
    ???

;D
    Good question. Are they not motivated, are they not capable, are they idiots, do their bio rythms only get strong once a month, , are they not being coached effectively, do they miss the boat parties?

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Plug Fason in as the fullback and give Farwell some more playing time...and let's move forward!!!

Also, get Jason Carter on the field!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE