Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glen Taylor

Phlegm is offline Rookie

Glen Taylor

... I was just thinking, it might be bettet if Glen Taylor were to buy the Vikings by himself. The first reason, if he were to buy the Vikings, they would almost deffinately remain in Minnesota. I don't exactly trust Fowler when he claims that he would keep them in Minnesota. Red said that when he bought the Vikings, and he STILL continues to threaten us by suggesting he wants to move the team if he can't sell them. The second reason, the reason that excites me the most, if Glen Taylor were owner he would bring in big FAs to help the team. Look what he had allowed the Timberwolves to do in the free agency. The t-wolves havn't had a first round draft pick in several year, but through free agency he continues to have the team progress. Last yeah he brought in three big free agents; Sprewell, Cassell and Olawakandi. Although Kani-man sucks, he went out and got the big names in the FA, I like his agressive approach and would like to see the Vikings cap room unleashed sometime... What do you guys think?
    Obstacles are the things we see when we take our eyes off the goal.

shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries

Glen Taylor

Hey, I used to live in Marshall, back when I was a kid, for about two years. Then we moved to Braham, MN. It was, like 1970-1971 when we moved.
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

Phlegm is offline Rookie

Glen Taylor

Old-timer... Just playing. What's your opinion on Glen Taylor? I bet he would let us go get some FAs.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Glen Taylor

"shockzilla" wrote:
    Hey, I used to live in Marshall, back when I was a kid, for about two years. Then we moved to Braham, MN. It was, like 1970-1971 when we moved.
    Hey, I lived in the Marshall area for 2 years also! Lived with my father is Ghent actually from'89-'91!

Phlegm is offline Rookie

Glen Taylor

Reppin' SouthWest Minnesota eh? That's awesome! If I remember right, webby is married to a woman from Marshall.... It's a beautiful thing.

vikingsdiva is offline Pro-Bowler

Glen Taylor

I get a little antsy when I think of Red being out of the picture. just don't trust him I guess. I know so little about Fowler. But hands down I would love to see Taylor take over. He has done so much for the t wolves. Somehow I get the feeling that we're moving farther from the Glen Taylor ownership company.
    Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein.
    --Joe Theismann

Phlegm is offline Rookie

Glen Taylor

I agree, but he did say if things don't work out with Fowler, that he has people lined up do purchase the Vikings with him. So hopefully ether way, Red should be out of the picture. Glen has done real well with the T-wolves.

Glen Taylor

So question:
    how serious do you think Fowler is? How close are we to being sold? If Red keeps this crap up of being vague and then raising the price or whatever he's doing, is he going to lose good potential buyers?
    Sorry...that was more than one question
    Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein.
    --Joe Theismann

DEEP PURPLE is offline Starter

Glen Taylor

I agree on taylor being the right man to buy the team. Granted I live in California and that would be the most likely destination for the Viks if they were to move, but it just wouldn't be right.

Speakinig of Southwest MN, My sister lives in Marshall right now!!! And I was born in Ivanhoe and lived in Lake Benton.
    If I hear Michelle Bonner say "He works that one to right" one more time, I m getting on a plane for Bristol, going to the ESPNEWS set, and ripping out her vocal cords.

Glen Taylor

Okay we'll forgive you for being in Ca. just don't take the team, okay?
    Don't you wish fans could decide who buys the team?
    Where in the hell is Marshall MN? I am originally from way north Minnesota by Grand Rapids. I Live in Iowa which makes my skin crawl, but I swear I couldn't find my way through WalMart nonetheless, Minnesota!
    --Joe Theismann

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast