Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Who said anything about from the seats? Won't they be visible in the lobby and in the new bigger and better concourses?
    Yes, they will be. If they're visible to a bird flying 20mph at 100 feet up, they're going to be visible as you slowly walk around the concourse.

All this talk that the dots on the fritted glass won't be visible from a distance is rubbish. You will certainly be able to see them, that's the whole point.

It would be cool if they could do some sort of Viking design in the windows. Maybe have the faces of Viking greats in some sort of pointillism-style pictures... sort of like in that link Singer provided:

Last edited by C Mac D; 05-24-2013 at 12:49 PM.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    That picture kinda defeats the purpose of glass to me. But hey, I guess it's the thought that counts right? Design over function and all that stuff.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    That picture kinda defeats the purpose of glass to me. But hey, I guess it's the thought that counts right? Design over function and all that stuff.
    I honestly don't care about the birds or if they crash into the stadium. If they can't see a 1.6M sq ft stadium... they're dumb.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    All this talk that the dots on the fritted glass won't be visible from a distance is rubbish. You will certainly be able to see them, that's the whole point.

It would be cool if they could do some sort of Viking design in the windows. Maybe have the faces of Viking greats in some sort of pointillism-style pictures... sort of like in that link Singer provided:

Yeah... on second thought, I guess you're right that It would be visible. I think the glass can still look good though. Especially with some kind of design. Maybe even better.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Why would a bird fly into a window when he could simply fly into his choice of any one of five 90 foot doors that are wide open?

I wonder how much a 90-foot glass pivoting door weighs, how they are going react/flex with wind when they are open/opening, how many birds will simply fly in when they have them open & how they intend to get them out once they are in.
    Last edited by singersp; 05-25-2013 at 09:00 AM.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Blog Entries

Glassy stadium ruffles bird lovers

I would imagine that they will end up being built as revolving doors like they have in hospitals etc. that have gaskets to seal out the elements and reduce heat loss in the winter and climate control in the summer.

If they end up building them exactly like they are drawn in the renderings it will be like an arctic wind tunnel in the winter and they will go broke just trying to heat it.

I would imagine that they will end up being built as revolving doors like they have in hospitals etc. that have gaskets to seal out the elements and reduce heat loss in the winter and climate control in the summer.

If they end up building them exactly like they are drawn in the renderings it will be like an arctic wind tunnel in the winter and they will go broke just trying to heat it.
    I was thinking more of what will happen to the top unsupported corner of that door when a 60mph gust hits it.

Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    I was thinking more of what will happen to the top unsupported corner of that door when a 60mph gust hits it.
    They could perhaps sell pull tabs at the stadium to help defray the heating costs.

Blog Entries

Glassy stadium ruffles bird lovers

Or raise the cigarette tax to pay for the heat.

Or raise the cigarette tax to pay for the heat.
    Or raise the gas tax to be the highest in all 50 states & blame it on the refineries.

Oh wait, they already did that!

Minn. Senate votes to raise gas tax by 5 cents | Minnesota Public Radio News
    Last edited by singersp; 05-25-2013 at 10:31 AM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast