Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    drewlovs is offline Asst. Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by phaninphx View Post
    I still think you're being a little too optimistic. There are always 2-4 games that come down to a few plays and could go either way. To go from 5-10-1 to 11-5 with as many changes as we've had is a lot to ask of any team. We're headed in the right direction but not quite there yet.
    'Tis the season!!

As many coaches tell their teams this time of year, "We are undefeated for the 2014 season, keep it up!" Reality can either be a seductive temptress or a brutal torturer; but we don't have to deal with her yet. So until Reality gets her say, I will remain defiantly optimistic!!
    Men are moved by two levers only: fear and self interest.

~Napoleon Bonaparte on Politics

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni
    I think our range is very likely in the 6-10 to 10-6 area. We'll win some we weren't supposed to, but we always seem to find a way to choke a couple we woulda, coulda, shoulda won.

IF we're relatively lucky on the injury front, I can see this team in the wildcard hunt. And, if we're doing that well and our division rivals implode again, maybe even a division title could happen.

But, I don't see us as a true playoff contender quite yet this year. New schemes, new coaching staff, lots of new young players...even if we are a well balanced and tough team to beat, I'd see a more experienced and complete team like the 49ers or Seahawks beating us 9 out of 10 playoff games.
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

I re-analyzed our schedule, and I now think there is a good chance we could go 13-3!!!

Errr... you know, never mind. I might be taking this a bit too far, even for an optimist.

10-6 is what I expect, 12-4 if we have an unbelievable season.

That last post was to get a smile, do not take it too seriously.

phaninphx is online now Training Camp
    I do like the optimism. Besides, there's always one or two surprise teams, why not us? I wouldn't even mind an 8-8 record so long as we keep the games close. I just hated being the leagues punching bag for most of last year. Getting blown out week after week gets old really fast.

Quote Originally Posted by midgensa View Post
    I got 10-6 at best ... but I pretty much peg us for somewhere in the 6-10 and 7-9 range. I would not be shocked to see 10 wins and a battle for the division, but I would be surprised for us to be real playoff contenders this year.

Now in 2015 ...
    Pretty much on the same page. I've seen a huge number of 11 & 12 win predictions. I ask myself this: Based on what? A new system, new coaches, new QB? The change-up is awesome, and the team is making great moves that will, I believe, lead to contender status in two years. Im expecting 6 wins, maaybe 7, this year, and a breakout season the next. I just want to be able to stick with the football pool this year. I start out big, and then get pissed and lose interest...
    Tuco the world.....

Quote Originally Posted by Jereamiah View Post
    Pretty much on the same page. I've seen a huge number of 11 & 12 win predictions. I ask myself this: Based on what? A new system, new coaches, new QB? The change-up is awesome, and the team is making great moves that will, I believe, lead to contender status in two years. Im expecting 6 wins, maaybe 7, this year, and a breakout season the next. I just want to be able to stick with the football pool this year. I start out big, and then get pissed and lose interest...
    I looked at our team and asked, "If all the changes make a difference, how good will they be? As per our schedule, who could THAT team beat?"

I just don't see 9 or 10 losses, unless the wheels come off. If we are truly getting better (IF), then 8-8 is the middle of the road milk toast prediction. Anything less would have to be considered a disappointment, and definitely NOT progress.

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    If a team can't beat a good schedule, what is the point? One and out in the playoffs doesn't cut it.

thorshammer is offline Asst. Coach
    I think we could end up 9 - 7. Possibly better if things go really well.

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Minniman View Post
    If a team can't beat a good schedule, what is the point? One and out in the playoffs doesn't cut it.
    That's the way I see it as well. I also don't mind the tough teams up front. Especially for a team that will hopefully be building momentum as the year goes on. Also good case to let Cassell start the first 4 games or so when the pass rush could be brutal.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast