Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Give Tarvaris time, says Bud Grant

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "ItalianStallion" wrote:
    "tb04512" wrote:
    "ItalianStallion" wrote:
    "tb04512" wrote:
    [quote author=ItalianStallion link=topic=41106.msg699778#msg699778 date=1199081331]
    I'm all for giving him time, it's not like people want to cut him, but I'd prefer that time be spent on the bench learning rather than costing us games...
    costing us games? hes 8-4 as our starter
    Maybe I should have reworded it as: costs us games when it counts and occasionally helps us not lose

Hmm I would say he singlehandedly lost us the games against the Lions, Redskins, Dallas and tried his hardest to lose against the woeful Bears.
    By having no less than 3 seperate injuries, he forced us to endure the like of bollinger and Holcomb (and yes I do count lack of durability a fault).

He didn't have any games where he was very good or great, and had a lot of mediocre games that you'd typically get out of most veterans.

Will he improve, I think he can, and sure hope he does, but I see no reason that we should gamble again nect year like we did this year.

The fact of the matter remains, if we had gotten a competent veteran in any of our Childress-era offseasons we'd have made the playoffs this year.
    Let's just hope we're not saying the same thing next year.
    Tell me what Qb's are out there that are available?
    I don't have the gift of portent nor am I able to predict who will be available (through FA or trades), but there were several we had an easy shot at during Childresses watch.
    Please name everyone of them that are playing to the level that would be acceptable to you.

Only one I can think of is Garcia and truth be told I am not so sure the Chiller didn't want him but the front office (not the Chiller) is the one responsible for getting guys in here.

You of all people should now I won't let comments like that one slide to long.
    ;D
    [/quote]

Ooh ooh, Mr Kotter, can I chime in? ;D

Brees, Schaub or Anderson besides Garcia.

Of course none of that matters without a top notch line blocking for them

vikesfargo is offline Asst. Coach

For those who say that we need to get rid of TJack, do you think Bud Grant doesn't know what he's talking about?

Go Vikings!

tb04512 is offline Team Alumni

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "ItalianStallion" wrote:
    "tb04512" wrote:
    "ItalianStallion" wrote:
    [quote author=tb04512 link=topic=41106.msg699780#msg699780 date=1199081803]
    [quote author=ItalianStallion link=topic=41106.msg699778#msg699778 date=1199081331]
    I'm all for giving him time, it's not like people want to cut him, but I'd prefer that time be spent on the bench learning rather than costing us games...
    Maybe I should have reworded it as: costs us games when it counts and occasionally helps us not lose

Hmm I would say he singlehandedly lost us the games against the Lions, Redskins, Dallas and tried his hardest to lose against the woeful Bears.
    By having no less than 3 seperate injuries, he forced us to endure the like of bollinger and Holcomb (and yes I do count lack of durability a fault).

He didn't have any games where he was very good or great, and had a lot of mediocre games that you'd typically get out of most veterans.

Will he improve, I think he can, and sure hope he does, but I see no reason that we should gamble again nect year like we did this year.

The fact of the matter remains, if we had gotten a competent veteran in any of our Childress-era offseasons we'd have made the playoffs this year.
    I don't have the gift of portent nor am I able to predict who will be available (through FA or trades), but there were several we had an easy shot at during Childresses watch.
    Please name everyone of them that are playing to the level that would be acceptable to you.

Only one I can think of is Garcia and truth be told I am not so sure the Chiller didn't want him but the front office (not the Chiller) is the one responsible for getting guys in here.

;D
    [/quote]

[/quote]

would you have switched with the texans pick and not have gotten AD for schaub

Brees- yeah good point

but both of those were last year, we are talking this year who will be FA

With Anderson, he has a STUD WR and a STUD TE.. and he still had his ups and down, good young qb, but id be afraid to see what he would look like with our receivers and our pass blocking

http://www.nfl.com/players/derekanderson/gamelogs?id=AND180512

i dont know if he is worth a 1st and a 3rd

Thanks josdin00

Mikecarter81 is offline Coordinator

All this talk about Derek Anderson with a golden arm and all his brownie goodness, reminds me of some one, hummm....who is it, ummm oh yeah!
    Scott Mitchell circa 1992!
    I remember being in the sweep stakes for him too!
    Luckily we lost and were forced to trade a sixth round pick for Warren Moon and develop
    Brad Johnson

Mike
    I am an avid Viking fan, but also am an avid restoration guy of vintage Mopar(Chrysler, Dodge, Plymouth)B bodies

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"tb04512" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "ItalianStallion" wrote:
    "tb04512" wrote:
    [quote author=ItalianStallion link=topic=41106.msg699795#msg699795 date=1199083076]

;D
    [/quote]

[/quote]

Can't say but I might have sent next years#1 in hopes he would have improved our record enough to make it a late pick

Brees- yeah good point
    Thanks

He just said during Childress's watch. To me that goes back to last year

With Anderson, he has a STUD WR and a STUD TE.. and he still had his ups and down, good young qb, but id be afraid to see what he would look like with our receivers and our pass blocking

We had the opportunity to get stud WR's but didn't do it. That is a MGMT issue and if it is not resolved this thread will be a moot point.

On Anderson, he was drafted by the Ravens and waived by them in sept of 2005 and was picked up by the browns. If our front office had their shit together we could have had him for squat
    He could have backed up Johnson and learned under him then taken the reigns this year and ran.

We could have used the picks we used to get TJ to draft Colston and then picked up Welker and Chambers and hello Playoffs 2007

I love rewriting history ;D

The things is people...it's not his fault. He's been put into a position he probably shouldn't be in and you can't blame him for that. I have every belief that he is trying the best he can, and for that I respect him. He's doing the best he can.

tb04512 is offline Team Alumni

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "tb04512" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "ItalianStallion" wrote:
    [quote author=tb04512 link=topic=41106.msg699798#msg699798 date=1199083218]
    [quote author=ItalianStallion link=topic=41106.msg699795#msg699795 date=1199083076]

;D
    [/quote]

[/quote]

Can't say but I might have sent next years#1 in hopes he would have improved our record enough to make it a late pick

Brees- yeah good point
    Thanks

He just said during Childress's watch. To me that goes back to last year

We had the opportunity to get stud WR's but didn't do it. That is a MGMT issue and if it is not resolved this thread will be a moot point.

On Anderson, he was drafted by the Ravens and waived by them in sept of 2005 and was picked up by the browns. If our front office had their shit together we could have had him for squat
    He could have backed up Johnson and learned under him then taken the reigns this year and ran.

We could have used the picks we used to get TJ to draft Colston and then picked up Welker and Chambers and hello Playoffs 2007

I love rewriting history ;D
    [/quote]
    [/quote]
    LOL.. honestly a qb that didnt make the ravens is like a WR who doesnt make the vikes, they dont really intrigue people

Thanks josdin00

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"Mikecarter81" wrote:
    All this talk about Derek Anderson with a golden arm and all his brownie goodness, reminds me of some one, hummm....who is it, ummm oh yeah!
    Scott Mitchell circa 1992!
    I remember being in the sweep stakes for him too!
    Luckily we lost and were forced to trade a sixth round pick for Warren Moon and develop
    Brad Johnson

Mike
    Amen brother!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"Webby" wrote:
    I am coming around to TJack might do well....he progresses much further than this year than I would have thought.

He made rookie mistakes, but duh.

Give him a few less butterfingers at WR and see what happens, and maybe a OC worth his salt.
    Is that twice I read that from you today?
    ;D

If Webby is on the guy than I feel alot better about my earlier statement of jumping back on the TJ support wagon (I don't quiet here the band playing yet).
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "ItalianStallion" wrote:
    "tb04512" wrote:
    "ItalianStallion" wrote:

;D
    [/quote]

[/quote]
    I should have highlighted the FA thing.

Brees wasn't available as we still were in the throws of the Culpepper fiasco.
    Schaub.
    Comeon, really, he did such a great job in Texas.
    Anderson.
    Who knew who Anderson was.
    I am sure dickhead Foley didn't.
    Maybe Spielmen will find another guy like that.
    Garcia.
    I already pointed him out, but don't think he wanted to come here.
    Hard to say cause he was snatched up by TB pretty damn quick last year.

As to this year, none of those guys are gonna be FA and all will cost picks to get from another team.

I know, gol 'darnit huh.

;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789