Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Give Tarvaris time, says Bud Grant

"DaVizzles" wrote:
    Hmm who should I listen to Bud Grant or Garland Greene and Schutz?

That seems pretty easy to me. This guy is a legendary coach and I think he knows whether you should give him time or not.

Everybody has there own opinions but you guys dont see the potential he has? Especially when he is given time. He has a cannon and is accurate when given time. Not to mention he is very athletic and mobile and has the ability to escape the sack. I do agree that he needs to work on his decision making but that takes time.
    Oh God hee we go again?Are you reading what we are saying or are yo so pro-T-jike that you think anyone who says anythijng bad about him is wrong? seriously re-rread what we both wrote.

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

"tb04512" wrote:
    "ItalianStallion" wrote:
    "tb04512" wrote:
    "ItalianStallion" wrote:
    I'm all for giving him time, it's not like people want to cut him, but I'd prefer that time be spent on the bench learning rather than costing us games...
    costing us games? hes 8-4 as our starter
    Maybe I should have reworded it as: costs us games when it counts and occasionally helps us not lose

Hmm I would say he singlehandedly lost us the games against the Lions, Redskins, Dallas and tried his hardest to lose against the woeful Bears.
    By having no less than 3 seperate injuries, he forced us to endure the like of bollinger and Holcomb (and yes I do count lack of durability a fault).

He didn't have any games where he was very good or great, and had a lot of mediocre games that you'd typically get out of most veterans.

Will he improve, I think he can, and sure hope he does, but I see no reason that we should gamble again nect year like we did this year.

The fact of the matter remains, if we had gotten a competent veteran in any of our Childress-era offseasons we'd have made the playoffs this year.
    Let's just hope we're not saying the same thing next year.
    Tell me what Qb's are out there that are available?
    I don't have the gift of portent nor am I able to predict who will be available (through FA or trades), but there were several we had an easy shot at during Childresses watch.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

"DaVizzles" wrote:

That was nearly a forward pass...It could have gone either way IMO. It is not TJ's fault it was Adrian's for not picking up the blitz.
    Adrian was running an arrow pattern to the flats, was it even his responsibility to pick it up?
    All I know is Cook was standing around like an idiot looking for someone to block.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

tb04512 is offline Team Alumni

"DaVizzles" wrote:

That seems pretty easy to me. This guy is a legendary coach and I think he knows whether you should give him time or not.

Everybody has there own opinions but you guys dont see the potential he has? Especially when he is given time. He has a cannon and is accurate when given time. Not to mention he is very athletic and mobile and has the ability to escape the sack. I do agree that he needs to work on his decision making but that takes time.
    Exactly shall we look at stats of him and sayyy HOF QB Troy Aikman

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/A/AikmTr00.htm

http://www.nfl.com/players/tarvarisjackson/careerstats?id=JAC566507

In the Second years of these 2 qbs,

Jackson has a better completion percentage

Aikman had 2 more td's but 6 more ints.

Aikman has a better Yards per, Jacksons rating is better....

Damn to me you guys would've given up on Aikman long before you would've given up on Jackson, give the kid a chance

Thanks josdin00

A lot of times backs are supposed to look for the blitz and run a route if no one comes so he may have been supposed to pick up the blitz

digital420 is offline Team Alumni

he still is making some bad throws.. but he is also getting the idea hof how to attack certain D stands weakness's.

That toss to Wade in the 4th qtr was a veteren move all the way.

The comeback he led in the end was again, poised and well captained.

The skins game.. he wasn't so bright.. but, we HAVE to accept that until he is a veteren QB.
    when is that you say?

I think that the qb is no longer a rookie..after they have completed a contract!

Take littleManning.. he made MANY more rookie mistakes then Tjack did in that
    game.
    there's several others u could discuss, and many things we can see how they go, but I for one believe that Tjack
    Will be a great NFL qb, will he be our franchise qb?
    can't call it yet.

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

The part that still is a mytery to neme is how when we loose its everyone elses fault but TJ and if we win it is only because of him? Can someone explain to me the thought process in this I have yet to hear any of the pro T-jack peopel say that he played horrible for 3 1/2 quarters? All i have heard is that it is Cooks fault or, CT fault or The OL Line fault. Yes they played a hand in us loosing the game but so did did TJ. Quit making excuses give blame where blame is due and give credit where credit is due. Bottom line TJ had the ball TJ fumbled the ball, It is on him and not this woulda, shoulda, coulda, BS Hell if we had the whole season like that we would be the second 16-0 team in the NFL right now.

"Garland" wrote:
    "DaVizzles" wrote:

Oh God hee we go again?Are you reading what we are saying or are yo so pro-T-jike that you think anyone who says anythijng bad about him is wrong? seriously re-rread what we both wrote.
    What are you guys saying? He can stay on the team but not starting?

He has to get a feel for the speed of the game and learn how to read the defense. You really cant do that on the bench.

He needs expierience.

tb04512 is offline Team Alumni

"ItalianStallion" wrote:
    "tb04512" wrote:
    "ItalianStallion" wrote:
    "tb04512" wrote:
    "ItalianStallion" wrote:
    I'm all for giving him time, it's not like people want to cut him, but I'd prefer that time be spent on the bench learning rather than costing us games...
    costing us games? hes 8-4 as our starter
    Maybe I should have reworded it as: costs us games when it counts and occasionally helps us not lose

Hmm I would say he singlehandedly lost us the games against the Lions, Redskins, Dallas and tried his hardest to lose against the woeful Bears.
    By having no less than 3 seperate injuries, he forced us to endure the like of bollinger and Holcomb (and yes I do count lack of durability a fault).

He didn't have any games where he was very good or great, and had a lot of mediocre games that you'd typically get out of most veterans.

Will he improve, I think he can, and sure hope he does, but I see no reason that we should gamble again nect year like we did this year.

The fact of the matter remains, if we had gotten a competent veteran in any of our Childress-era offseasons we'd have made the playoffs this year.
    Let's just hope we're not saying the same thing next year.
    Tell me what Qb's are out there that are available?
    I don't have the gift of portent nor am I able to predict who will be available (through FA or trades), but there were several we had an easy shot at during Childresses watch.
    in childresses first year i will agree... however we are not the only team with QB "problems" there are very few out there that are reliable, didnt like 50 or so different qbs start this season?>

Thanks josdin00

Schutz is offline Team Alumni

"tb04512" wrote:
    "DaVizzles" wrote:

Exactly shall we look at stats of him and sayyy HOF QB Troy Aikman

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/A/AikmTr00.htm

http://www.nfl.com/players/tarvarisjackson/careerstats?id=JAC566507

In the Second years of these 2 qbs,

Jackson has a better completion percentage

Aikman had 2 more td's but 6 more ints.

Aikman has a better Yards per, Jacksons rating is better....

gol 'darnit to me you guys would've given up on Aikman long before you would've given up on Jackson, give the kid a chance
    And the Teams Troy Aikman played for were 1-15 adn 3-13.
    Not a whole lot of help there.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast