Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    tb04512 is offline Team Alumni

Re: Give Tarvaris time, says Bud Grant

"GreenBaySlackers" wrote:
    "tb04512" wrote:
    "tb04512" wrote:
    "ItalianStallion" wrote:
    I'm all for giving him time, it's not like people want to cut him, but I'd prefer that time be spent on the bench learning rather than costing us games...
    costing us games? hes 8-4 as our starter
    today's game immediately comes to mind...
    really? i thought it could have been the 2 CT fumbles.. or the Williamson drop that wouldve easily been a TD.. how about mr cook with the penalty for the safety (without it we wouldve won)... or the lack of blocking at the end

looked like to me the only reason we were in it was because of him
    I was referring to the fumble in OT.
    Hold the ball.

I'm not a hater by any means.
    But when we had a chance to take it for the win, he (literally) dropped the ball.

And that stuff ItalianStallion just said
    ;D
    your going to blame him for the COOKie monster not blocking anyone(watched 2 guys go by him)... notice 2 guys hit him.. pin that on the OLine

Thanks josdin00

Schutz is offline Team Alumni

"tb04512" wrote:
    "ItalianStallion" wrote:
    I'm all for giving him time, it's not like people want to cut him, but I'd prefer that time be spent on the bench learning rather than costing us games...
    Please, that argument is getting old.
    T-Jack didn't win those games, our running game and defense did.
    many of those games we won DESPITE T-Jack.
    I'd like him on the team, just not starting if he still needs time on the bench to learn the game.

GreenBaySlackers is offline Star Spokesman

"tb04512" wrote:
    "tb04512" wrote:
    "tb04512" wrote:
    [quote author=ItalianStallion link=topic=41106.msg699778#msg699778 date=1199081331]
    really? i thought it could have been the 2 CT fumbles.. or the Williamson drop that wouldve easily been a TD.. how about mr cook with the penalty for the safety (without it we wouldve won)... or the lack of blocking at the end

Hold the ball.

But when we had a chance to take it for the win, he (literally) dropped the ball.

;D
    your going to blame him for the COOKie monster not blocking anyone(watched 2 guys go by him)... notice 2 guys hit him.. pin that on the OLine
    [/quote]

I wouldn't blame him for the sack, but I will blame him for the fumble.
    Football 101: Prtoect the rock

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

"tb04512" wrote:
    "ItalianStallion" wrote:
    "tb04512" wrote:
    "ItalianStallion" wrote:
    Maybe I should have reworded it as: costs us games when it counts and occasionally helps us not lose

Hmm I would say he singlehandedly lost us the games against the Lions, Redskins, Dallas and tried his hardest to lose against the woeful Bears.
    By having no less than 3 seperate injuries, he forced us to endure the like of bollinger and Holcomb (and yes I do count lack of durability a fault).

He didn't have any games where he was very good or great, and had a lot of mediocre games that you'd typically get out of most veterans.

Will he improve, I think he can, and sure hope he does, but I see no reason that we should gamble again nect year like we did this year.

The fact of the matter remains, if we had gotten a competent veteran in any of our Childress-era offseasons we'd have made the playoffs this year.
    Let's just hope we're not saying the same thing next year.
    Tell me what Qb's are out there that are available?
    If I could predict the future I would, and I would win the lottery. Wins and Losses mean nothing in this case. I said it before we were tied when TJ left the San Diego game yes he started and yes we won but can you honestlyu say that AD running for 296 yards had nothing to do with us winning?
    He actually contributed to us winning the game? So unless he plays all 22 position on the feild the Win Loss record thing means nothing. It was pointed out that Manning was 1-15 at one point I guess that was a huge reflection on what sort of QB he turned out to be.

tb04512 is offline Team Alumni

"tb04512" wrote:
    "tb04512" wrote:
    [quote author=tb04512 link=topic=41106.msg699780#msg699780 date=1199081803]
    [quote author=ItalianStallion link=topic=41106.msg699778#msg699778 date=1199081331]

Hold the ball.

;D
    [/quote]

[/quote]

Typing 101: Spelling

:P

It's pretty hard not to fumble in that position, but he should learn to try to tuck it.

Thanks josdin00

GreenBaySlackers is offline Star Spokesman

"tb04512" wrote:
    "tb04512" wrote:
    "tb04512" wrote:
    [quote author=GreenBaySlackers link=topic=41106.msg699790#msg699790 date=1199082800]

Hold the ball.

;D
    [/quote]

[/quote]

Typing 101: Spelling

:P

It's pretty hard not to fumble in that position, but he should learn to try to tuck it.
    [/quote]

It's 2am and I'm typing fast, cut me a little slack.
    Gonna pick on me for improper use of a colon next?
    8)

Hmm who should I listen to Bud Grant or Garland Greene and Schutz?

That seems pretty easy to me. This guy is a legendary coach and I think he knows whether you should give him time or not.

Everybody has there own opinions but you guys dont see the potential he has? Especially when he is given time. He has a cannon and is accurate when given time. Not to mention he is very athletic and mobile and has the ability to escape the sack. I do agree that he needs to work on his decision making but that takes time.

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

"Schutz" wrote:
    "tb04512" wrote:
    "ItalianStallion" wrote:
    Please, that argument is getting old.
    T-Jack didn't win those games, our running game and defense did.
    many of those games we won DESPITE T-Jack
    I'd like him on the team, just not starting if he still needs time on the bench to learn the game.
    Thank you!

"tb04512" wrote:
    "tb04512" wrote:

Hold the ball.

;D
    [/quote]

[/quote]

That was nearly a forward pass...It could have gone either way IMO. It is not TJ's fault it was Adrian's for not picking up the blitz.

scraaaaazy is offline Waterboy

Yeah, I guess that's cool, but I'm still sick to my stomach. I feel like I have to Vomit. Just thinking about how horrible this team and coach are, it makes me sick. We need to fire Cluless (Childress lol) and start over. I feel sick to my stomach, like vomit and diarrhea too. Happy New Yar

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast