Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Give Peterson more carries

I would certainly agree on the play action comment. When you move safeties up like that, there should be some open space that the QB needs to read and exploit.
    "SHOOT EM JIMMY!!"

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

The fact is, without first downs and decent drives, nobody is getting a lot of carries.
    Peterson is the only playmaker on our offense so far this season.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni

"ItalianStallion" wrote:
    The fact is, without first downs a decent drives, nobody is getting a lot of carries.
    Peterson is the only playmaker on our offense so far this season.
    Yup, dead on...

If we get those safeties up, that leaves a slant/post open for a receiver to make a quick catch and turn it....
    We DO have receivers capable of THAT.... catch and run ... catch a nice short easy ball and run like hell....

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"ThorSPL" wrote:

If we get those safeties up, that leaves a slant/post open for a receiver to make a quick catch and turn it....
    We DO have receivers capable of THAT.... catch and run ... catch a nice short easy ball and run like hell....
    Just how often do we call those plays?

With RB's, FB's & WR's able to catch the ball, IMO we don't use quick slant routes enough.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

digital420 is online now Team Alumni

"singersp" wrote:
    "ThorSPL" wrote:

With RB's, FB's & WR's able to catch the ball, IMO we don't use quick slant routes enough.
    I think this is one of the things Halcomb will do differently then Tjack.. and once he see's the success of it i'm sure he'll start jumping into the situations of the quick slants.

also.. say we have CT

AP lined up side by side..

one goes right.. the other left.. which does the lb follow?

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

"digital420" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "ThorSPL" wrote:

I think this is one of the things Halcomb will do differently then Tjack.. and once he see's the success of it i'm sure he'll start jumping into the situations of the quick slants.

also.. say we have CT

DiGiTaL
    In man coverage, there would be an LB assigned to both. One LB would follow CT, another would follow AD.

Also, people are grossly overlooking the fact that we sorely missed Richardson vs. Detroit. Taking him out of the game to use our other RB as a measly decoy is unwise IMO.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

"V" wrote:
    "digital420" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "ThorSPL" wrote:

also.. say we have CT

DiGiTaL
    In man coverage, there would be an LB assigned to both. One LB would follow CT, another would follow AD.

Also, people are grossly overlooking the fact that we sorely missed Richardson vs. Detroit. Taking him out of the game to use our other RB as a measly decoy is unwise IMO.
    well.. with both in there, and the WR's set.. that would mean 2 less Lb's to pass rush.. and easier quick slants on the pass. I wouldn't see us running many times in that position.. unless osme REALLY good looks came our way.

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

Ranger is offline Coach

We should split the load between CT and AP, in my opinion.
    Like you guys have already said, having two really good backs share the load is going to provide us with fresh legs in the second half of the game, and fresher legs than the rest of the NFL in the second half of the season.
    I can see CT grinding the defenses up in the first few quarters, wearing them down...and then AP taking it to the house.
    Hell, I'd even give some carries to Memo when possible to keep everybody fresh and in the mix.
    If you have the capable players, use them.

We've got excellent speed in our receivers and one of our tight ends, so the play action is a great idea.
    Beat them up with the run game for a while, then get a foot race going between the secondary and our receivers.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"V" wrote:
    "digital420" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "ThorSPL" wrote:

also.. say we have CT

DiGiTaL

Great point my friend.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

here's a thought I had this mornin while on the throne.
    was trying to see how it could be possible to best use our 2 headed rb threat.

this is my concept.

First off.. a few plays with both out there is warented.. but mostly it'll be a 1FB1RB deal. so.

First half we start CT, spell him with AP.. this gives both a chance to get into the game feel.. in the second half..
    Start AP and spell him with CT.. this completely changes the looks the D will get from the RB, and with both having a feel for the game if one get sore.. (knock on wood) the other already has a rythem to move on with..

DiGiTaL

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast