Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

Give me some guesses

Alright guys... we've thrown some numbers out there 12-4, 10-6... tell me how you think the vikes will end up this year... and who are the teams that you think we will lose to... here's the teams that we play this year.

At Home in the Dome

Green Bay Packers
    Chicago Bears
    Detroit Lions
    Dallas Cowboys
    New York Giants
    Jacksonville Jaguars
    Tennessee Titans
    Seattle Seahawks

On the Road

Philadelphia Eagles
    Washington Redskins
    Houston Texans
    Indianapolis Colts
    New Orleans Saints
    Green Bay Packers
    Chicago Bears
    Detroit Lions

Give me some guesses

I'll go first... I say 12-4... losing to the Giants (because no matter how bad they suck we have some sort of stigma with them), the Colts (unless we can somehow stop Payton Manning), probably the Texans (not a very good team so we have to lose) and maybe once to the bears

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Give me some guesses

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by triedandtruevikesfan

Alright guys... we've thrown some numbers out there 12-4, 10-6... tell me how you think the vikes will end up this year... and who are the teams that you think we will lose to... here's the teams that we play this year.

At Home in the Dome

Green Bay Packers
    Chicago Bears
    Detroit Lions
    Dallas Cowboys
    New York Giants
    Jacksonville Jaguars
    Tennessee Titans
    Seattle Seahawks

On the Road

Philadelphia Eagles
    Washington Redskins
    Houston Texans
    Indianapolis Colts
    New Orleans Saints
    Green Bay Packers
    Chicago Bears
    Detroit Lions

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I see the vikes going 11-5. These predictions are purely on instinct, and I havn't put alot of thought in to them. We will probably lose to the Gianrs, as we always seem to, no matter how bad they are. On the road, I think alot of the games depend on what time of the year the games are. We are not too good on grass, so Philly, Washington and Green Bay are all potential losses. the Colts could be really tough to. It is still early though, we should wait till at least the draft before we make predictions.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

Give me some guesses

OK, I'm gonna take a shot at this, even though it's really early and really hard to tell. I do think definitely the Vikes will be a playoff team this year, and also think we will win the NFC North. I see us being really tough at the Dome this year, only losing 2 games, probably to the Giants and some other divisonal opponent. On the road I see us losing 3 games, probably to the Eagles, Packers, and Colts. That makes us 11-5. But, I have to look at how poorly we played last season and still ended up 9-7, so that leaves me to believe with the additions we have made on D, and resigning Jimmy K and getting a big 2nd reciever to help Moss out, I think we could very well be better than that. I will say 12-4, NFC North Champs, 1st round bye. Very excited about next season guys, as should every Viking fan!
    Skol!
    Go Vikings!

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

Give me some guesses

At Home in the Dome

Green Bay Packers (L)
    Chicago Bears (W)
    Detroit Lions (W)
    Dallas Cowboys (W)
    New York Giants (W)
    Jacksonville Jaguars (W)
    Tennessee Titans (W)
    Seattle Seahawks (L)

On the Road

Philadelphia Eagles (L)
    Washington Redskins (W)
    Houston Texans (W)
    Indianapolis Colts (L)
    New Orleans Saints (W)
    Green Bay Packers (L)
    Chicago Bears (L)
    Detroit Lions (W)

That makes 10-6. I still think, though, while I didn't predict it here, the Lions are going to affect either your record or the Packers record in a negative way.
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

Give me some guesses

wow Los... Packers are gonna beat us twice? I MAY give you 1 game... but definately not both.

sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

Give me some guesses

Too early yet to tell but I'll make my predictions based on what teams have done so far this offseason. This will be the first season since 1998 that we sweep the Pack. The Bears have made some good moves and they have one of the best young rosters in the league. I see them being a challenge this year. The Lions are getting better but we still sweep them. So we win the division. I agree with you guys about the Giants stigma. Tennessee is going to fall far this year...I see us beating them. I also see us beating Indianapolis because they really aren't any better than us now that they've lost one of their best defensive players and we have picked up a great one. Philly, the Skins and Seattle all have kept the core of their teams and also made some great pickups. Philly has Kearse, Skins have Portis, Springs, and Marcus Washington, and Seattle got Wistrom. I'm not saying these pickups alone make them better than us, just that I see us losing to these teams. So the Vikings go 11-5 and go to the playoffs. Once we get there it's up for anybody. And if the Panthers made it to the SB after only two years of rebuilding, SO CAN WE!!!

Home Games:

Green Bay (W)
    Chicago (W)
    Detroit (W)
    Dallas (W)
    New York (L)
    Jacksonville (W)
    Tennessee (W)
    Seattle (L)

Road Games:
    Philadelphia (L)
    Washington (L)
    Houston (W)
    Indianapolis (W)
    New Orleans (W)
    Green Bay (W)
    Chicago (L)
    Detroit (W)
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

dan3ski is offline Coordinator

Give me some guesses

With these teams to play against the Vikings can go 8-8 or even 15-1.The coaching must improve and the players must stay healthy and have some luck to go 15-1. As for Indy they play in a dome so the Vikings have a chance there. As we all know any division game can go either way but a team needs to win the division to make the playoffs and have a chance in the playoffs.
    can we clone Bud Grant?

Kleinsasser is offline Rookie

Give me some guesses

At Home

Green Bay Packers - Win - The pack is getting weaker and weaker right in front of our eyes

Chicago Bears - Win - The bears will be better this year, but being at the dome will push us to win this one.

Detroit Lions - Win - Blowout

Dallas Cowboys - Win - Our defence will be too much for their offense (it feels good saying that!)

New York Giants - Win - They have plagued the Vikings for too long, its time for that to end (knock on wood)

Jacksonville Jaguars - Win - Nuf said

Tennessee Titans - Lose - Will be very close, but we can't win all the close ones.

Seattle Seahawks - Win - I don't see the seahawks going anywhere but back down.

On the Road

Philadelphia Eagles - Win - Their defense is getting torn apart.

Washington Redskins - Win - Unless the addition of Portis really REALLY improves their defense then I don't think they will have much of a chance.

Houston Texans - Win - I like Houston, but lets face it, they still need a few more years......

Indianapolis Colts - Lose - I hate the colts

New Orleans Saints - Lose - Saints won't be bad next year, plus we are in their dome :-
    Green Bay Packers - Win - First time either team will have swept a season for like 4-5 years! (knock on wood)

Chicago Bears - Lose - Soldier field for some reason always pumps up the Bears for big division wins.

Detroit Lions - Win - ...Its the lions! C'mon!

We end up 12-4. We will take the division, and I am confident that we can make it to the FNC championship game, i don't think we will win, but in football there is always a chance, anything could happen.
    Latoya Jackson: "Rub a dub dub, thanks for the grub...Yay God!"

RandyMoss8404 is offline Hall of Famer

Give me some guesses

Green Bay Packers (W) - Winfield and Chavous (and I wish law) are gunna have a field day with favre

Chicago Bears (W) - We spank the Bears in the dome

Detroit Lions (W) - Blowout

Dallas Cowboys (W) - We'll rock em

New York Giants (W) - See above

Jacksonville Jaguars (W) - Ownage

Tennessee Titans (L) - McNair will chew us apart

Seattle Seahawks (W) - Randy Moss.

On the Road

Philadelphia Eagles (W) - Whether or not they have TO, this is gunna be spankage.

Washington Redskins (L) - I don't think we can stop Clinton Portis.

Houston Texans (W) - Easy.

Indianapolis Colts (W) - I think we can shut down Marvin Harrison/Peyton Manning (oman I hope we get Ty Law )

New Orleans Saints (W) - Win.

Green Bay Packers (L) - Brett Favre is gunna say 'hell no we won't go' in Lambeau

Chicago Bears (W) - Randy Moss is going to have a field day - he won't forget the whole tillman thing and will make him pay.

Detroit Lions (W) - E-Z

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWgAayphx7Y
    "He s done it! Portugal is through!"

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast