Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Kleinsasser40 is offline Coordinator

Give Me His Head

I am starting to feel pretty bad for Tice and Culpepper. You all have to admit that Tice has put together one helluva team. So far though the team he has put together has been plagued with injury. And those injuries could mean Tice's head. I do think his contract should be extended, but if things continue this way I don't think it will be. However, he does need to make better calls than he did on monday. Take a chance on those 4th and 1. Challenge those plays.

We have an agressive team, and so far the coaches have been playing passive. They are a defense that is built to rush the QB, and an offense that is built to go down the field in a very short drive. We are not a "field tackling" team, as many of us have seen. THey need to play close to the recievers and either make a play on the ball or tackle them right after they recieve it so they don't have a chance to make any move.

Daunte did all that he could that game, don't blame him. His numbers, excluding that INT at the end of the game that really didn't matter, are pretty damn good, he was on the ball ecxept for the fumble, don't blame him any more, I'm sick of it. Tice did a good job getting the players, he needs to coach them better now though. He did a good job last year, he needs to do that again. He needs to be agressive. I want to see more chances like against the saints 2 years ago, going for the win instead of the tie, thats what this team is built for.
    [img:2264cdc124]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v482/ultravikingfan/vikesklein.jpg[/img:2264cdc124]

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Give Me His Head

Daunte did a hell of a job on Monday night, if anybody blames him for the loss they need to check into a mental institute!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Del Rio Guest

Give Me His Head

This is getting out of hand :lol:

No one is blaming Daunte for anything. He's the man.

purplepat is offline Hall of Famer

Tice isn't to blame

JFC dan3ski, the Vikings rolled up 410 yards of offense against the Eagles. Tice didn't take a lead pipe to Kleiny's knee, or stomp on Rosie's foot, or fumble at the 1 inch line, or come up short on a 44 yard FG, or throw a bogus flag for defensive holding on a 3rd and 9 stop, or a questionable flag for offensive holding on Culpepper's TD run that was called back. Heck, even I didn't see a problem with Owens TD UNTIL they showed the opposite angle replay in slow-mo on TV.

Face it, the Vikings had many chances to win Monday's game, and almost every single break in the game went the Eagles way. Heck, if the officials do their job, you can erase two of the Eagles TDs. Tice and Linehan need to figure out how to fix the red zone problem, but I think they were playing things close to the vest as long as the game was close, which it was until Owens TD. You can't expect rookies (or virtual ones) like Dugan and Haayer to come in and execute like seasoned vets right away. The Vikes shot themselves in the foot a few times, and they wound up losing a game to a good team...a game that most objective observers would have predicted the Vikings to lose (to a top quality opponent on the road).

We'll all have to expect some mistakes from this team due to youth and inexperience. It will be even worse now, with youth at RT and blocking TE. But there is still a lot of talent on this team, and many more victories to be won this season. At least quite a few teams are being hit hard by the injury bug this season, and not just the Vikings.
    SKOL VIKINGS!

dan3ski is offline Coordinator

Give Me His Head

Thank you Del you saw what I said. First of all I am not putting any blame on Culpepper what I am saying is the coaching has not helped him in the leadership role. The offensive game plan against the Eagles was set right most plays were quick dump-offs and some misdirection plays to keep the Eagles D-line from gettingto Culpepper. Also special teams are a disaster! This is all coaching the Vikings players did everything on the field to win the game but ended up with a loss. The strange thing is last week against Dallas the Vikings lost the stats part of the game and got a win go figure.
    can we clone Bud Grant?

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

Give Me His Head

OK purplepat you said it best....

Tice is doing a decent job. He is honest and very good with the media...Hey he wasn't even a coordinator so cut him a little slack...It wasn't his fault for not challenging the T.O. thing..

My beef's are with the playcalling in the redzone. (The last two years it has been horrible).

second beef is with the defensive schemes we are doing...I think we are playing very soft in the secondary and we have the talent at corner and safety to play a little more physically and aggressively.

But we'll see, we shot ourselves in the foot in the Eagles game and made many mistakes and still lost by a small margin.

The officials didn't help either...They had 3 iffy calls go against us that were all momentum changers.
    1. phantom holding on Winfield
    2. Holding on Birk (Pepp was already in the endzone) shouldn't have been called.
    3. T.O touchdown.

Not to mention the two stalled drives in the redzone one the stop on the Pepp run on the first drive and the fumble...

Moss was right...It's frustrating because it should have been a blowout.

and our offensive line didn't do as bad of a job as people say...Pepp was pressured but we didn't give up a sack. and still had tons of success passing the ball.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Give Me His Head

Well said, purplepat and bleedpurple! I have nothing to add to your tag team assessment of Tice's performance so far. If the mistakes get curtailed, then the rest will take care of itself.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Give Me His Head

Tice's problem is he doesn't know how to fix things, listen to him in the week long practices that they recorded for the ABC game and the NFL game of the week. He doesn't teach, he scolds. Bellicheck is different. He will scold and then tell you how to fix it. Listen

Tice probablly would be better suited for a position job. I am not saying I could do better. The person in his position needs to be a teacher as well as a coach.

I will support Tice, I will even cut him some slack but there is no way I will support him if he thinks he will stay in MN like a Cower in Pittsburg. Tice is our coach this year.. so Go Tice... Go Vikes.

We coulda woulda shoulda won that game on MNF another night another outcome. All the little ticky tack items aside, flags, TO non-TD, fumbles.

Rules of game:
    1.) Turnovers kill, you turn the ball over more times your percentage to lose goes up. Missed FG, 2 fumbles
    2.) Penalties will kill (Moss' 10yd push uncalled for even though the guy was holding his arms out not letting Moss run his route - suck it up help the team those 10yds caused the missed fg if I am not mistaken.)

Rule 1 and 2 trumped the rule of winning - ball control and time of possesion.

I had more but I lost it. Good night!!

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Give Me His Head

to clearify the comment on Tice, I support him and he is the best we have at this time. But Red needs to keep his eyes open for another if a better one comes available.

I don't know how you all feel about Denny Green but I thought he was a great coach. I think he is a better coach. But like Cower, Green wore out his welcome, (but in Pitts they just haven't realized this yet). Must be the thick steel heads.

hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

Give Me His Head

If anything we should blame the d and tackle adam haayer for not giving cully the time he needs. Hes been here for two years and he looked like a rookie. Didnt know what he was doing and couldnt block a thing.

THe only rag i have on cully is his stupid fumbling. Grrrrrrrrr. :angryfire:
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast