Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
    dan3ski is offline Coordinator

Give Me His Head

After just two weeks of the season I am ready to start screaming for Mike Tice's head. I see the same indecision I saw last year, the man is simply not cutting it. Why he did not throw a red challange flag on the TO td is a mystry to me. He has staff to watch for things like that and they did not do thier jobs and that reflects on him. I have also seen a very lathargic offensive line and this from a team that has a very highly rated o-line. The list of problems continue to mount with special teams and I still have yet to see the leadership from Culpepper so I say OFF WITH HIS HEAD!
    can we clone Bud Grant?

sitandbehitski is offline Asst. Coach

Give Me His Head

If I hear one more person blame Culpepper, or say he has no leadership, or say he's stupid and not a good QB I'm going to f0cking snap! HOW MUCH MORE LEADERSHIP DO YOU WANT?!!!!! With no help from his offensive line he marched us repeatedly down the field, made only one notable mistakes (an early near pick, when he threw across his body), and almost single handidly drug us across the goalline if it wasn't for his o-line draging us right back again with penalties. If you think Culpepper showed lack of leadership than you must think Frerrote would have done a better job. Why let's see, a DE in the backfield off the snap on almost every single play, what did Daunte do? Juked him, ran up or to the side and bought time, what would Frerrote had done? Either taken a sack, thrown intentional grounding, or forced it to moss for a pick. If I hear one more guy blaming Daunte, and wanting someone else back there, I'll go looney!!!
    I may be an a$$, but at least I m a smart one

HarrisonB57 is offline Starter

Give Me His Head

I agree with you totally sitandbehitski.
    Live by the Slacker Rule. No Hurries, No Worries.

Del Rio Guest

Give Me His Head

None of those things has anything to do with leadership.

A leader will kick some ass. He would grab that fat O-lineman by the face mask and say look man you make that block.

He just seems scared to say anything, he doesn't have the aura about him. But damn he has earned it, and I bet everyone would listen to him, even Moss. But I think that is something you gain in time. He is getting better and better at the leadership thing.

He has extreeme talent and is making great dicisions. I wouldn't want any one else back there. But as far as LEADERSHIP I don't know if he is one or not. Maybe he is a damn good leader but he doesn't drag it out of the locker room.

Besides I think the main post was directed at Tice. I must admit when Tice signed on a few years back I was praying we would get Dungy back. Tampa Bay had just given him the boot and I love his defensive mind. Then Red signed Tice.

I thought it was a cheap ass move. You have this pimped out battleship and you hire gilligan to run it. Tice is the least paid head coach in the NFL by the way.

Over the last few years watching Tice and the team progress I think he has done a good job. Way better then I expected. I think he may have a great balance of dicipline and friendship with the team. And I can't think of any one that would be a better fit right now.

I just wish the coordinators would put together a plan that accents our strengths and doesn't shy away from the opponent. We have some dang good talent lets unleash those bad boys.

Maybe they are scared if they unleash them now that they will burn out again. But I don't think the original poster was calling for Pepper's head but Tice's and he has some valid points. You either like him or you don't and no one is right because he has shown signs of being a great coach and being a dumb ass.

IAVikingFan is offline Waterboy

Re: Give Me His Head

"dan3ski" wrote:
    After just two weeks of the season I am ready to start screaming for Mike Tice's head. I see the same indecision I saw last year, the man is simply not cutting it. Why he did not throw a red challange flag on the TO td is a mystry to me. He has staff to watch for things like that and they did not do thier jobs and that reflects on him. I have also seen a very lathargic offensive line and this from a team that has a very highly rated o-line. The list of problems continue to mount with special teams and I still have yet to see the leadership from Culpepper so I say OFF WITH HIS HEAD!
    Give it a fucking rest!

RandyMoss8404 is offline Hall of Famer

Give Me His Head

Did you hear what Moss said on the sidelines? It's what every intelligent/loyal Vikings fan was saying.

'C'mon Pep, lead us dammit, LEAD US!'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWgAayphx7Y
    "He s done it! Portugal is through!"

dart18 is offline Asst. Coach

Give Me His Head

umm guys i know its a cliche but it was ONLY ONE GAME really, no calling for anybodies head or blame let it go, if we lose our next thee maybe but one and one and that one loss was in philly were ok
    Sometimes I like to think there is more to life than being you know. . . really really good looking.
    -Derrick Zoolander

Give Me His Head

It is way to early to be getting upset for god sakes its only 2 games into the season. We all knew that the vikes were not going 16-0 there will be losses no need to freak out after each one.

Maybe if we lost like 4 ina row then you might be justified.

Crunchem is offline Rookie

Give Me His Head

Yeah I agree...lets just relax a little on the whole world ending. The vikes are 1-1 will be 2-1 after this weekend and tied for division with the lions because the lions will lose and I believe that pack is gonna go down in flames and be in the cellar with the bears.
    Lets go fishing

Del Rio Guest

Give Me His Head

You guys aren't seeing the big picture. The guy is talking about his carreer in Minnesota not this one game. His coaching ability as a whole. In the last few years. Did he inherit a great team and it's coasting on fumes, or does he have the ability to produce results that reflect our teams potential.

This was not ONE game, this post was probably written in reference to the last few years. Making repeated mistakes over and over again.

I like him allright and I don't want him to be gone. I would love our Owner to be gone, but I find this topic interesting and one that doesn't need to be shyed away from.

Mike Tice is a good coach trying to coach a great team. And doing a good job of it. No complaints here, just would be nice to see him rise to the occassion some times.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast