Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    spikecyrus is offline Rookie

Re: Give Me 6 and 10

why would you want to loose? a win or hopefully 2 will generate more stregenth than a # 10 or something pick. we have rookies lets see how they do. I'm not one to wait around, lets pull our heads out of our ass and go put some teams away........ especially the packers

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

"AWZeus" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "AWZeus" wrote:
    Might as well start Jackson.
    I'd rather they lose anyway to get better draft choices.
    Time to start thinking about 2007.

=Z=
    I back my team until there season is over. You can rout for them to lose all you want, but not me.

There are no guarantees in the draft & there are other ways to get players such as FA & trading to move up.

If you seriously want the Vikings to lose, why do you want them to start T-Jack?

I think you'd want them to start BJ if that is your wish.
    Brad Johnson gives the Vikings the best chance to win.
    Absolutely, 100%.
    On a short week, on the road, in front of the national spotlight, division opponent - the best chance is with the veteran.

However, winning is secondary, at this point, to learning about the future.
    Thus - play Tarvaris.
    Play Jason Carter.
    Play Ray Edwards all game.
    Play Greg Blue.

=Z=
    What? How can you still believe that. You just watched BJ live! The experience was so bad that it left you "internally torn" and caused you decide that it would be best to lost the next two games and play for next year. Yet somehow you think starting Brad gives us a better chance to win.

I agree, a veteran is better than rookie on the road. Brad is hardly playing like the veteran he is supposed to be. In fact I think Brad is going blind, that would explain why he doesn't throw the ball farther than 50 yards downfield...he can't see! I said two weeks ago, if Childress starts Brad, he is giving up on this year and playing for the future. Childress did not and still does not want TJ in. The only reason TJ is in is because BJ was so bad the coach didn't have a choice.

If you want to play for the future, play the rookies. I you want to lose, and go 6-10 like you stated in your first post, start BJ.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

Del Rio Guest

How can 10/17 97yards and a TD leave you torn LMAO.

HornedHat is offline Asst. Coach

I can't wish my team to lose, but understand the sentiment. Its a lost season any way, and having a shot at Calvin would be swell; still, I'd be happier short term to see T-Jack start and spark the team. I mean really run the offense. That would give me hope for next season, whereas losing out would just mean a better pick. Gotta beat Green Bay, though. I don't think Brad would get her done.

But its the packers-I'm freakin cringing just thinking about them. WTF is a packer anyway-god I hate them. As far as hoping for a lose out, I just can't do it. I don't think we're that bad to need high draft picks. Our run d is perfect. Our running game is fair to good. Our passing game is lacking a qb and another reliable reciever. I feel t will will progress next year . He won't be a star, but he won't be the mr. butterfingers we've seen so far this year. Our secondary is fine. I believe it could use a little tweaking to the game plan, but the personnel we have are certainly adequate. The linebackers are holding up just fine, especially with the emergence of ben leber and greenway coming back. Our pass rush is what really needs to be worked on. Erasmus coming back is a hopeful improvement-hopeful because I'm still not convinced he is all that but am convinced he has plenty of potential. We will need another pass rushing d-end unless udeze can start stepping up to the plate. Our o-line is fair and has been overly criticized. They also could use some work, especially on the right side, but I dunno how much more they will spend on an already overpaid o-line. I don't know Richardson's contract status, but if he returns next year he should improve our running game and pass protection immensly. I say with TJ starting next year, a healthy richardson, greenway, and erasmus coming back we are looking good. I think next year's success depends first and foremost on how quickly TJ develops into the QB he can be, then making sure we have a pass rush. If I were to throw some bonus sprinkles on it-I say we get a proven reciever in the offseason-not a draft pick. If we have our possesion reciever-Marcus Robinson-our speed guy-T-Will-and our second possesion reciever that we may or may not be able to get being complimented by a strong and steady running game, Travis Taylor as the 4th reciever, and better pass protection our offense will be solid. We will also need to pick up, mold, or draft somebody that will hold up the right side of the line. That is one of our lesser worries though being as TJ is right handed and will see the pass rush coming from the right side of the line.
    Wait, if there's cat food in this bag............................
    I HAVE TO CHECK ON JOLLY!!!!

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"AWZeus" wrote:

=Z=
    I am sorry...that is one of the dumbest statements ever.
    Why do you want us to lose?
    So we can pick up 2 spots in the draft?

And to sit there and try to justify it by saying if so and so teams win out they will draft #3?
    The Browns have not won 2 consecutive games since 2002!

Please do not make me post top 10 picks that were busts...it would be a long, painful list.

Del Rio Guest

"FreakinVikingsBaby" wrote:
    But its the packers-I'm freakin cringing just thinking about them. WTF is a packer anyway-god I hate them. As far as hoping for a lose out, I just can't do it. I don't think we're that bad to need high draft picks. Our run d is perfect. Our running game is fair to good. Our passing game is lacking a qb and another reliable reciever. I feel t will will progress next year . He won't be a star, but he won't be the mr. butterfingers we've seen so far this year. Our secondary is fine. I believe it could use a little tweaking to the game plan, but the personnel we have are certainly adequate. The linebackers are holding up just fine, especially with the emergence of ben leber and greenway coming back. Our pass rush is what really needs to be worked on. Erasmus coming back is a hopeful improvement-hopeful because I'm still not convinced he is all that but am convinced he has plenty of potential. We will need another pass rushing d-end unless udeze can start stepping up to the plate. Our o-line is fair and has been overly criticized. They also could use some work, especially on the right side, but I dunno how much more they will spend on an already overpaid o-line. I don't know Richardson's contract status, but if he returns next year he should improve our running game and pass protection immensly. I say with TJ starting next year, a healthy richardson, greenway, and erasmus coming back we are looking good. I think next year's success depends first and foremost on how quickly TJ develops into the QB he can be, then making sure we have a pass rush. If I were to throw some bonus sprinkles on it-I say we get a proven reciever in the offseason-not a draft pick. If we have our possesion reciever-Marcus Robinson-our speed guy-T-Will-and our second possesion reciever that we may or may not be able to get being complimented by a strong and steady running game, Travis Taylor as the 4th reciever, and better pass protection our offense will be solid. We will also need to pick up, mold, or draft somebody that will hold up the right side of the line. That is one of our lesser worries though being as TJ is right handed and will see the pass rush coming from the right side of the line.
    WTF you can tackle Jerome Bettis but you can't tackle the space bar? ;D

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "AWZeus" wrote:

=Z=
    I am sorry...that is one of the dumbest statements ever.
    Why do you want us to lose?
    So we can pick up 2 spots in the draft?

And to sit there and try to justify it by saying if so and so teams win out they will draft #3?
    The Browns have not won 2 consecutive games since 2002!

Please do not make me post top 10 picks that were busts...it would be a long, painful list.
    LMAO.
    Wait wait wait wait... If Cleveland, Houston, and Arizona all win out, and we lose out, we will all be tied at 6-10.
    Of course, we will have the best division record (and the head-to-head in AZ's case), so we would end up with at best the #7 pick.
    And that isn't looking at any of the other teams that could also possibly end up 6-10.
    We would probably end up with a #9 pick if we lost out.

No thanks.
    I'll take the wins instead.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"FreakinVikingsBaby" wrote:
    Well, despite the fact that your post is undecipherable due to the lack of the "return" key
    ;D, I think I agree with you for most of that post. Which is a miracle in and of itself because I think that is the first time in history that that has happened.

I highlighted the part that I think is most applicable, because that's exactly how I feel. I just can't stand the thought of losing to the Cheeseheads and the Rams. I'd rather go 8-8 and put faith in our personnel people at the draft than go 6-10 and not get much more value anyway.

purple_wolf is offline Waterboy

I always want to see the vikings win no matter who is in the draft.
    Finishing the season with two wins will do more than jumping up 2-3 picks and drafting a possible bust.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast