Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Chazz is offline Coordinator

Re: Give Brian Robison a chance at starting

We might not see any DE taken in the FA market, or at least one of significance.
    I don't agree. Both Suggs and Smith will hit FA. Now we may have to overpay for them, but to fill that gaping whole we have, would be worth it.
    Don't forget, we also overpaid Wade and Shank, just so we could get them here. I think they will do the same for RDE.
    One other thing to consider Marrdro, with us have the williams in the middle taking the double teams, these guys might jump at the oportunity to be able to man up against the tackle instead of the double teams they now regularly see.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"Chazz" wrote:
    We might not see any DE taken in the FA market, or at least one of significance.
    I don't agree. Both Suggs and Smith will hit FA. Now we may have to overpay for them, but to fill that gaping whole we have, would be worth it.
    Don't forget, we also overpaid Wade and Shank, just so we could get them here. I think they will do the same for RDE.
    One other thing to consider Marrdro, with us have the williams in the middle taking the double teams, these guys might jump at the oportunity to be able to man up against the tackle instead of the double teams they now regularly see.
    Re-read my post.
    I didn't say we wouldn't go after a guy, I said they wouldn't get one of significance if they get one at all.

Some people are gonna be pissed if they don't sign one of these guys but I will understand if they don't.

As to your point, of course the big boys in the middle make it attractive to come here but I doubt any would give us a discount to come.
    The price tag will be the limiting factor if the staff signs a guy. ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

As to your point, of course the big boys in the middle make it attractive to come here but I doubt any would give us a discount to come.
    The price tag will be the limiting factor if the staff signs a guy.
    True, but they have really worked the cap the last couple years, ala Pat Williams contract. Which will increase there cap numbers even more. Long story short, They have money to spend and an open pocket book. When working to fill are biggest whole, I think they have a blank check.
    As to the big guys in the middle, if they are offered similar contracts by us and other teams, who would they rather play next to??

When I watched Robinson 1st game he did very well but chilly didn't give him enough reps wait tell this year he will get over 10 sacks..

When I watched Robinson 1st game he did very well but chilly didn't give him enough reps wait tell this year he will get over 10 sacks..
    The last 4 games Erasmus was on IR and Edwards was suspended. He played quite extensively during that stretch but yet failled to record a single sack. His problem is lack of any inside moves. The OT new this and played him to the edge exclusively with no fear of him going inside. Until he developes some inside moves he will continue to be a non-factor.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345