Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Give Brian Robison a chance at starting

"ajoyce" wrote:
    I don't think we have the need at DE like everyone keeps saying.
    Robison seemed to be very productive for the short time he was on the field each game.
    Plus he now has a year under his belt in the NFL.
    I think he could have great numbers if he was given a chance at starting.
    He is very quick, never stops, and his upper body strength is phenominal.
    Just my opinion
    though.
    What do you guys think?
    he got his chance to play alot at the end of the year, and he didnt do anything more than anybody else..to suggest that we dont need to go find a big time proven pass rusher is absolutely ludicrous..our pass defense is one of the leagues worst, and it all starts at DE..you cant honestly believe that brian robison is the answer to our problems

dont get me wrong, ive got no problems with robison, i just think he fits in with the other DEs we have who are basically all backup quality players..itd be awesome if robison could one day turn into a lance johnstone type of guy though
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni

You gotta realize he was a rookie... these guys take time to develop.

I'm a fairly firm believer that other than a 1st round pick, you shouldn't expect a person to be able to plug and play (start as a rookie and contribute immensely).

Certainly there are exceptions; particularly in the 2nd round - PLUS certain positions are easier to fill, etc....

But generally speaking these guys will all need time...

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

Look at how long EJ Henderson took to catch on - he was a STEAL in the 2nd round when we got him... Butkus award winner if I recall...

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

Robinson is a pass rusher. He isn't a complete end. He's too undersized to take the constant pounding and tackling that a balanced end takes. Why not bring in a DE and keep a high energy player like Robinson in for plays that he can use his high energy. What happenes to a high energy player when he gets tired?

That's how we're using Robison currently....

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni

so do we think he is more of a chris doleman/ richard dent type of prospect?
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

"olson_10" wrote:
    "ajoyce" wrote:
    I don't think we have the need at DE like everyone keeps saying.
    Robison seemed to be very productive for the short time he was on the field each game.
    Plus he now has a year under his belt in the NFL.
    I think he could have great numbers if he was given a chance at starting.
    He is very quick, never stops, and his upper body strength is phenominal.
    Just my opinion
    though.
    What do you guys think?
    he got his chance to play alot at the end of the year, and he didnt do anything more than anybody else..to suggest that we dont need to go find a big time proven pass rusher is absolutely ludicrous..our pass defense is one of the leagues worst, and it all starts at DE..you cant honestly believe that brian robison is the answer to our problems
    dont get me wrong, ive got no problems with robison, i just think he fits in with the other DEs we have who are basically all backup quality players..itd be awesome if robison could one day turn into a lance johnstone type of guy though
    Yes I can. As I was reading the post, I was thinking of L.Johnson, then I saw where you mentioned him. The 'Vikes are set at run stopping, everyone knows that. For how long? who knows, but Robison is a great situational pass rusher. He will bulk up some and probably develope into much more. So what, the 'Vikes should go out and draft another end when everyone and their brother knows the team needs recieving/qb help? My opinion, but a #1 pick not used on a reciever or (if he's there) a quality qb is a waste. Robison and Edwards will be really good. They have shown that.
    Tuco the world.....

KevinK is offline Starter

I do believe that Robison is a good player with much more to develop along the way.
    But I believe we need to bring in that vet to shake things up!
    Hopefully Suggs !

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"kevoncox" wrote:
    Robinson is a pass rusher. He isn't a complete end. He's too undersized to take the constant pounding and tackling that a balanced end takes. Why not bring in a DE and keep a high energy player like Robinson in for plays that he can use his high energy. What happenes to a high energy player when he gets tired?
    You'd better let the rest of our RDE's know they are to small to hold up against the run and the constant pounding.

91 Ray Edwards DE 23 6-5 268 2 Purdue
    73 Otis Grigsby DE 27 6-3 260 2 Kentucky
    99 Erasmus James DE 25 6-4 266 3 Wisconsin
    92 Jayme Mitchell DE 23 6-6 285 2 Mississippi
    96 Brian Robison DE 24 6-3 267 R Texas
    98 Darrion Scott DE 26 6-3 289 4 Ohio State
    95 Kenechi Udeze DE 24 6-3 281 4 USC

For that matter you'd better let all the other teams out there that run a base 4-3 defense that thier RDE needs to be bigger than 260ish.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    You'd better let the rest of our RDE's know they are to small to hold up against the run and the constant pounding.

91 Ray Edwards DE 23 6-5 268 2 Purdue
    73 Otis Grigsby DE 27 6-3 260 2 Kentucky
    99 Erasmus James DE 25 6-4 266 3 Wisconsin
    92 Jayme Mitchell DE 23 6-6 285 2 Mississippi
    96 Brian Robison DE 24 6-3 267 R Texas
    98 Darrion Scott DE 26 6-3 289 4 Ohio State
    95 Kenechi Udeze DE 24 6-3 281 4 USC

For that matter you'd better let all the other teams out there that run a base 4-3 defense that thier RDE needs to be bigger than 260ish.
    That you for pulling together those stats Marrdo, thats proving what i have said in the past in discussion with friends and such.
    Its not that Robinson is too small to play against the run.. he's just not developed against it.
    Hopefully having to practice against the #1 rushing attack in the NFL during Mini Camps/Training Camp, he'll be able to further improve in that area and become a complete RDE.
    If him and Edwards are able to both improve over the offseason.... Going to be hearing a lot of Salt & Pepper during 2008.

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast