Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Purple_Jesus is offline Starter

Re:Giants vs Vikes Postgame Thread

gregair13 wrote:
    Not really anything to say about that. We butt-kicked a terrible garbage team that is going to have major changes in the offseason.

We looked amazing against a terrible fraud defence. Nothing really to brag about.
    Yeah, we beat a team that started 6-0. And we beat them by 30+ points. Obviously there is nothing to brag about, we still suck. If only the Giants were better, right?

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame

Here's to hoping we get more games in the dome. Very dominating win, both lines played well. Favre was money (best statistical season of his career) and AD although limited carries, showed why he is the most physical RB to come along in years. His strength is absolutely incredible, and nice to see the two hands on the ball. I think he actually got stronger on his feet when he had two hands on the ball and a number of defenders hanging on him.

Reynaud had a few scary moments that hopefully is a onetime deal.

Shiancoe had his wheaties this morning and Rice made some highlight film catches. Harvin had a good game as well catching the ball in traffic and make hard YAC.

I also thought the play calling was very unpredictable and kept the defense in a funk.

It was a dominating win against a team that is finishing the season in a total downward spiral, but it was as dominating a win as one good hope for and will help bring fire going into the playoffs.

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

Yes, we were on today, both O and D. We beat a down team, but I'll take it going into the playoffs. Let's go Dallas...win your division now.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

keystonevike is offline Starter

keystonevike wrote:
    Dallas needs to take care of business. No. 2 seed would be great for us, cause if the Saints go down in the 2nd round, we host NFC Championship game, which would be huge.

Great game by everybody.
    Provided we win our playoff game, of course. But if we play that game the way we played today, we'd be tough (impossible?) to beat home or away.

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries

gregair13 wrote:
    Not really anything to say about that. We butt-kicked a terrible garbage team that is going to have major changes in the offseason.

We looked amazing against a terrible fraud defence. Nothing really to brag about.
    This was way too easy, we played good, they played like shit.. They had penalties on almost every game..

I think Childress held the starters in much to long, no need for the entire offense to go out there when we already led 31-0.

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

skum wrote:
    gregair13 wrote:

This was way too easy, we played good, they played like shit.. They had penalties on almost every game..

I think Childress held the starters in much to long, no need for the entire offense to go out there when we already led 31-0.
    I liked the classless play of running up the score on 4th down.
    We're bringing purple back.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

First, let me comment on the coverage crew. Other than the diatribe about how the Giants D had mailed it in, that was pretty good coverage, especially by the Goose.

How good is that cat on the sideline. I would love to hear him help out with Tim Ryans crew. My vote, get rid of all the "Chick Reporters" and put Ex-players down there.

First and foremost, let me say the team that showed up today, is the team that most of us believed we had this year.

Some nice things happen when the whole team shows up and the coaching staff have a good game plan ready.

Secondly, let me officially get on the Jamarcus Sanford bandwagon. Not sure if it was him, Benny or Phat Pat, but the defense sure played like a top 10 (might be convinced top 5) defensive team.

I need to go visit that thread and find out who were the PPO'rs who worked so hard to convince me that he was in fact better. I need to put you guys on your own spreadsheet.

Some random thoughts:

Pressure from front 4, LB'rs making plays, DB's making plays. Outstanding effort Leslie.

Special shout out to Jasper. Hell of a game young man.

I love the flexibility that Rob brings on 3rd and longs. The announcing crew (one of thier gaffs) kept aluding to that JA got the sack.

OL - What can you say. They came to play and it showed it. Offense could do whatever it wanted.

WR - I love it when this team goes 3 wide. El Syd has amazed me at some point, almost every game this year. What a steal from the DB. Cat is a sponge.

RB - Small gaff by CT, but damn if they didn't get it done today. Even my boy Tahi making a liar out of me and posing as a offensive weapon.

QB - What can I say? I almost felt like Brett was looking at me and saying, "Showed ya didn't I Chucklehead Internet Fan".....

Amazing year Brett. I officially admit I was wrong about your arm lasting the full year. This has been the most entertaining offense I've seen, possibly since the crew that entertained us in 98. The "Arm" definately deserves alot of credit.

Coaches. Finally you and the team were prepared. The way the camera showed how quick the process was for going it on 4th and short early, was fun to watch and showed your heads were in it.

Outstanding game plan across the board. Other than a couple of snaffu's on ST's, this was by far your best effort. Every player seemed to be ready no matter if it was the starter or the backups that came in and ate up the clock.

If this team keep showing up each and every quarter from now on, no one will beat us my friends. No one.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Purple_Jesus is offline Starter

gregair13 wrote:
    skum wrote:
    gregair13 wrote:

I liked the classless play of running up the score on 4th down.
    Are you a closet Giants fan? lol It wasn't being classless, we were trying to keep our momentum. I agree with the call.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

tastywaves wrote:
    Here's to hoping we get more games in the dome. Very dominating win, both lines played well. Favre was money (best statistical season of his career) and AD although limited carries, showed why he is the most physical RB to come along in years. His strength is absolutely incredible, and nice to see the two hands on the ball. I think he actually got stronger on his feet when he had two hands on the ball and a number of defenders hanging on him.

Reynaud had a few scary moments that hopefully is a onetime deal.

Shiancoe had his wheaties this morning and Rice made some highlight film catches. Harvin had a good game as well catching the ball in traffic and make hard YAC.

I also thought the play calling was very unpredictable and kept the defense in a funk.

It was a dominating win against a team that is finishing the season in a total downward spiral, but it was as dominating a win as one good hope for and will help bring fire going into the playoffs.
    Excellent post my friend.

How fun is it to watch PH run with the ball. Dude is a little Mighty Mite...
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

CCthebest is offline Hall of Famer

I wouldnt get too excited. We played a bad team, at home. They had nothing to play for. We need to learn to win outside on the road on grass to be a great team. We aernt now but dam we are a good team. Anything can happen with a good team.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast