Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Holmstrom is offline Rookie

Giants at Vikings Pre-Game Thoughts.

Well, we've still got a chance to clinch that #2 spot but first we need to do something that is all but forgotten is Minnesota. WIN!!!!!

I think we've found our identity on offense and that is to pass first and let that open up the run. We've got the QB and receiving corps.

Now on defense we're in trouble. We';re gonna have to put up some points to win, because our d cant' cover anything or anyone.

We CANNOT leave our corners in man coverage without safety help, but we can't get pressure with just the front-four. That is our fundamental problem. We can't bring a heavy blitz, so the only thing we can do is disguise where that extra man or two men are coming from. I'm talking zone blitzing and general confusion out there (and not confusion on our part which seems to be our theme). I'm talking confusing our opponents.

Let's Go Vikings!!!! We've come too far and we're too good now to have it slip away.

Thoughts???
    None

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Re:Giants at Vikings Pre-Game Thoughts.

Carolina lay a hurtin' on the Vikings and then went out to destroy the Jints. I'm really hoping for one of Eli's infamous meltdowns and some scoring from special teams, defense and offense...like when they destroyed them the year they beat the 18-0 Patriots for the SB crown.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

El Vikingo is offline Ring of Fame

El underdog.

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni

http://www.sportspickle.com/article:505/eli-manning-furious-he-didnt-get-a-new-plaxico-for-christmas

Little Eli Manning threw a tantrum on the Manning Family's living room floor Christmas morning after all the gifts were opened and he realized he wasn't getting the one present he told Santa he wanted most -- a new Plaxico Burress.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

locuomotion is offline Training Camp

I'm sure this has been overstated over the past few weeks, but I honestly believe that the game begins and ends in the trenches. When our O-line was playing well, we were unstoppable. When our D-line was on fire, no one could block us. Now we are having trouble on both fronts and I think the focus needs to be put back on our line play. If we give #4 the time he needs in the pocket and #28 the running lanes, we will be fine in the playoffs. If we block like we have over the past few weeks, we are doomed.

Back to the basics!
    "You don't have to have a mullet to cut your sleeves off and be a bad ass." - Jared Allen
    www.hoverstad.com

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

The Minnesota Vikings have decided to play the remainder of the season on paper.

With the exception of the Bengals, who posed an actual threat on paper, the Vikings have been superior to their other December foes, on paper.

Bryant McKinnie said, " I find it far less strenuous, and much more enjoyable to play these inferior teams on paper. We are vastly superior on paper, to most of these teams."

I have no idea why we should go out there and beat ourselves up!,McKinnie laughed.

When asked about this new strategy Childress responded, " I don't have any go like the man who said Paul was the Walrus. But believe me you, I Know."

Well, how about that?

Now we all know the sad truth.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

Holmstrom is offline Rookie

Those lines beat up on a lot of teams that weren't exactly stalwarts. Now they've been exposed as being vastly overrated. I think we'll have to do without good line play and hope that it can be decent at best.

If your not good at least be smart and out-scheme your opponent. In other words, confuse the O-lines with our blitz and keep our DB's plenty.
    None

mnvikes61 is offline Team Alumni

I have a feeling that Tom Coughlin is going to whip the Giants into a frenzy after getting their behinds handed to them last week to close out that stadium. We've gotta smash them from the first second and take it all the way through the game to gain some momentum going into the playoffs.

Thanks Josdin

realviking is offline Rookie

I personally think there's no chance we lose this game at home. We have seen that the Vikes are a different team -- a much better team -- at home. It seems to be the only place that our superior talent can manifest itself. Being in front of a sold-out home crowd, combined with the humiliation of the past two weeks, should get this team right amped up to deliver a b-slap to the Giants.

Add to that the fact that this is a U-Haul game for the Giants. If we get up on them early (and I have every confidence that we will), they will most likely pack it in.

Mark my words, we WILL be the #2 seed next Monday. I have every reason to believe that the Cowboys will beat the Iggles, since they're at home, against a division opponent with the division crown at stake, and looking for the sweep.

SKOL VIKINGS!!!
    When there's weather to report, I report the weather.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

jargomcfargo wrote:
    The Minnesota Vikings have decided to play the remainder of the season on paper.

With the exception of the Bengals, who posed an actual threat on paper, the Vikings have been superior to their other December foes, on paper.

Bryant McKinnie said, " I find it far less strenuous, and much more enjoyable to play these inferior teams on paper. We are vastly superior on paper, to most of these teams."

I have no idea why we should go out there and beat ourselves up!,McKinnie laughed.

When asked about this new strategy Childress responded, " I don't have any go like the man who said Paul was the Walrus. But believe me you, I Know."

Well, how about that?

Now we all know the sad truth.
    I was excited when they inked "Mr. I have never given up a sack" and have despised him more with each passing game. Lazy piece of shit that consistently underperforms and gets consistently burnt. I would not be disappointed if he went on a love boat excursion and never returned to the purple and gold. Ever.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast