Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Giants are a rival

"StrahanEatsPepper" wrote:
    "Big C" wrote:
    I agree that the Giants are rivals and the Seahawks are becoming rivals. The seahawks are a little like the Vikes (loaded on offense decent on defense).

I was really glad when the Bucs got out of the NFC North (they were in our division right?). That was one un-predictable team that had a defense that could contain our offense. It's sad to see that there defense isn't what it used to be though. Oh well, the Vikes still rule!

If we can contain Tiki the game is ours. Warner cannot win a game for the Giants. Warner is a good QB but he's been throwing a lot of picks when under pressure. Since he's not a mobile QB I think we should blitz and put some pressure on him and make him force the turnover.
    Warner has only thrown 2 INTs.....and the one in the end zone against the Lions wasn't due to pressure....it was a terrible throw.....he soft tossed it instead of putting a little mustard on it and gave time for the defense to recover and make the pick....
    However I do agree.....if your "D" can shut down Tiki for the game then the game should be yours...the one thing you have to watch with Tiki is he may not look like he's having a great game at times and then he'll break off a long run or reception....so you can't relax if it looks like he's being held down....
    If he isn't pressured out of the pocket he would have a better throw, that is the arguement. He is not an out of the pocket passer. He wasn't set to throw.

Oh yeah, the giants and theViking are discussing trading Rosenthal for Shockey even up.

StrahanEatsPepper is offline Training Camp

Giants are a rival

"snowinapril" wrote:
    "StrahanEatsPepper" wrote:
    "Big C" wrote:
    I agree that the Giants are rivals and the Seahawks are becoming rivals. The seahawks are a little like the Vikes (loaded on offense decent on defense).

I was really glad when the Bucs got out of the NFC North (they were in our division right?). That was one un-predictable team that had a defense that could contain our offense. It's sad to see that there defense isn't what it used to be though. Oh well, the Vikes still rule!

If we can contain Tiki the game is ours. Warner cannot win a game for the Giants. Warner is a good QB but he's been throwing a lot of picks when under pressure. Since he's not a mobile QB I think we should blitz and put some pressure on him and make him force the turnover.
    Warner has only thrown 2 INTs.....and the one in the end zone against the Lions wasn't due to pressure....it was a terrible throw.....he soft tossed it instead of putting a little mustard on it and gave time for the defense to recover and make the pick....
    However I do agree.....if your "D" can shut down Tiki for the game then the game should be yours...the one thing you have to watch with Tiki is he may not look like he's having a great game at times and then he'll break off a long run or reception....so you can't relax if it looks like he's being held down....
    If he isn't pressured out of the pocket he would have a better throw, that is the arguement. He is not an out of the pocket passer. He wasn't set to throw.

Oh yeah, the giants and theViking are discussing trading Rosenthal for Shockey even up.

Should we throw Strahan in too?

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Giants are a rival

StahanEatsPepper,,

I like your sense of humor.

Tiki too! And we will give you Larry Ned

Are you a vegetarian since you eat Pepper?
    Do you eat the green stuff too, like Moss?
    Would youlike Moore Pepper with your Moss?

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Giants are a rival

"snowinapril" wrote:
    StahanEatsPepper,,

I like your sense of humor.

Tiki too! And we will give you Larry Ned

Are you a vegetarian since you eat Pepper?
    Do you eat the green stuff too, like Moss?
    Would youlike Moore Pepper with your Moss?
    LOL...They will all get a steady diet of those guys as well as the rest of the Vikings...so much so that they won't want any more when the Vikings are done.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

BigEasyViking is offline Coordinator

Giants are a rival

I think that they are a rival, but not more so than the Pack, Bears, or Lions. Your division teams are always your rivals. I would put my list like this:

1)Packers
    2)Bears
    3)Lions
    4)Giants
    5)Rams

Either way, I just hate all of them!
    God Bless America, & the MINNESOTA VIKINGS!!!

sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

Giants are a rival

Yeah I hated Tampa Bay too when they were in the old NFC Central because there were a lot of seasons where we couldn't sweep them no matter how bad they were.
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

vikingsalltheway is offline Coordinator

Giants are a rival

"sdvikefan" wrote:
    Yeah I hated Tampa Bay too when they were in the old NFC Central because there were a lot of seasons where we couldn't sweep them no matter how bad they were.
    Yeah the packers always beated tampa and we couldnt. I hated sapp too but i dont mind tampa anymore. I disliked them when they were in our division but i liked Dungy cause he was the old coach for the vikings.
    982be7163de23b12be0039fa7de5b166

vikingsalltheway is offline Coordinator

Giants are a rival

"BigEasyViking" wrote:
    I think that they are a rival, but not more so than the Pack, Bears, or Lions. Your division teams are always your rivals. I would put my list like this:

1)Packers
    2)Bears
    3)Lions
    4)Giants
    5)Rams

Either way, I just hate all of them!
    I think the GMEN are a bigger rival to us then the lions are to us. I mean who really cares about the lions.
    982be7163de23b12be0039fa7de5b166

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12