Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vikingsalltheway is offline Coordinator

Giants are a rival

To me i think their our 2nd biggest rival to the packers. Anyone else feel this way? I mean our board is infested with these guys this week. They wont know what hit them after sunday. They have taken us out 3 out of the last 4 times. Time for some payback! Skol Vikes!
    982be7163de23b12be0039fa7de5b166

sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

Giants are a rival

Giants are probably our biggest non-division rivalry. We've played a lot in the playoffs, so we do have something going. Any of you Vikings fans from the late 80s and early 90s probably remember the 49ers and Redskins seemed to be our biggest playoff rivals. I still think of the Bears as a fierce rival, but I'll never get over that because I became a Vikes fan when the Bears were much better.

Another non-division team I see us building a rivalry with is Seattle. This will be our third year playing each other, we're both teams on the rise (although Seattle has been struggling lately) and we would meet again next year if we both win our divisions.
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

Giants are a rival

"sdvikefan" wrote:
    Giants are probably our biggest non-division rivalry. We've played a lot in the playoffs, so we do have something going. I still think of the Bears as a fierce rival, but I'll never get over that because I became a Vikes fan when the Bears were much better.

Another non-division team I see us building a rivalry with is Seattle. This will be our third year playing each other, we're both teams on the rise (although Seattle has been struggling lately) and we would meet again next year if we both win our divisions.
    The bears arent even a rival cause they are horrible. I say the Giants are our second biggest rival to the fudge.

sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

Giants are a rival

Yeah well, the Packers sucked in the 70s and rarely ever beat us but a lot of Vikings fans during that time still considered them a rival.
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

Giants are a rival

"sdvikefan" wrote:
    Yeah well, the Packers sucked in the 70s and rarely ever beat us but a lot of Vikings fans during that time still considered them a rival.
    Rivals
    1. Asspackers
    2. Giants
    3. Bears
    4. Rams- They put us through hell the last couple of years.
    5. Saints- We have played them a lot the last 5 years.

Jarhead is offline Rookie

Giants are a rival

What about Tampa? Probably not as much now since realignment but they used to be big.
    And, ladies and gentlemen, I also know that he cannot lead troops to victory in a war when he has made it perfectly clear that he does not support the cause. -Gen. Tommy Franks on John Kerry-

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Giants are a rival

Packers - no explaination
    Bears - keep them down, remeber the 80's we don't want to ever hear from them again.
    Cowboys - remember the 70's(drew and roger), 80's(?), 90's(thankgiving day baby)
    Giants - playoffs
    St.Louis - (I hate this team, offensive offense rivals)

I would have included the Raiders but since the expanded NFL, we don't play the AFC as much. Man, the 70's and 80's with the Raiders and all the fights. They were close to 1 or 2 on every team's list. :rr:

Big C is offline Coordinator

Giants are a rival

I agree that the Giants are rivals and the Seahawks are becoming rivals. The seahawks are a little like the Vikes (loaded on offense decent on defense).

I was really glad when the Bucs got out of the NFC North (they were in our division right?). That was one un-predictable team that had a defense that could contain our offense. It's sad to see that there defense isn't what it used to be though. Oh well, the Vikes still rule!

If we can contain Tiki the game is ours. Warner cannot win a game for the Giants. Warner is a good QB but he's been throwing a lot of picks when under pressure. Since he's not a mobile QB I think we should blitz and put some pressure on him and make him force the turnover.
    Halo 4. Start another fight.

Kleinsasser40 is offline Coordinator

Giants are a rival

I would say the Giants are pretty big rivals.

1. Packers
    2. Bears
    3. Giants
    4. Cardinals (have a feeling that they still are mad about them beating us last year.)
    5. Rams
    [img:2264cdc124]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v482/ultravikingfan/vikesklein.jpg[/img:2264cdc124]

StrahanEatsPepper is offline Training Camp

Giants are a rival

"Big C" wrote:
    I agree that the Giants are rivals and the Seahawks are becoming rivals. The seahawks are a little like the Vikes (loaded on offense decent on defense).

I was really glad when the Bucs got out of the NFC North (they were in our division right?). That was one un-predictable team that had a defense that could contain our offense. It's sad to see that there defense isn't what it used to be though. Oh well, the Vikes still rule!

If we can contain Tiki the game is ours. Warner cannot win a game for the Giants. Warner is a good QB but he's been throwing a lot of picks when under pressure. Since he's not a mobile QB I think we should blitz and put some pressure on him and make him force the turnover.
    Warner has only thrown 2 INTs.....and the one in the end zone against the Lions wasn't due to pressure....it was a terrible throw.....he soft tossed it instead of putting a little mustard on it and gave time for the defense to recover and make the pick....
    However I do agree.....if your "D" can shut down Tiki for the game then the game should be yours...the one thing you have to watch with Tiki is he may not look like he's having a great game at times and then he'll break off a long run or reception....so you can't relax if it looks like he's being held down....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast