Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Giants - KEYS to winning the game?

The games that Warner has done well in this year, he was not pressured. The teams that pressure him cause turnovers.

If we were to get enough pressure on him, then I think that he would fold and we wouldn't have to worry about Tiki as much.

Hovan, you can't start Tiki and morally feel good about it. Take one for the team, take one for the team. I feel for ya, been there myself.

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

"StrahanEatsPepper" wrote:
    "RandyMoss8404" wrote:
    This may seem like a crazy idea, but hear me out.

Put Antoine Winfield in bump and run coverage all day on their second receiver. Leave Brian Williams playing dedicated cover corner on Amani Toomer, and leave Winfield near the line. That way, when Tiki goes for his big runs, he'll get rocked. Buffalo did this against Miami on a consistent basis, because he wouldn't run to Winfield's side. Why? Because the couple times he did, Winfield knocked him OUT.

You left out 1 major thing.....what about Shockey? There are very few LBs who can run with him and few DBs who can handle him physically especially in the Red Zone(just ask Dawkins & Roy Williams)...that is when we actually try to throw to him in the Red Zone

and don't see Tiki getting knocked out because he takes very few clean, solid hits....but do feel free to knock Dayne out anytime he starts to run on to the field...matter of fact I wouldn't mind if you Knocked him out when he steps off the team bus....

Sorry, but the vikes have the #5 ranked rushing D in the league. We have it for 2 reasons, 1) because we are pretty good at stpooing the run, and 2) because when our offense scores so quiuckly and we get ahead early, the other team can't run on us. These are the 2 reasons why I say that tiki won't be a factor running the ball. Now, catching is a different story. We haven't fared real well, when it comes to stopping the dumpoff passes to backs. This is where tiki will do anything, if at all.

As far as shockey goes. He really isn't in coughlin's offense near as much as he should be. Fassell seem to use him much better. I do worry about him in the redzone, but we certainly have the athleticism at LB this year to contain him everywhere else.

And as far as tiki getting hit, strahaneatspepper, you need to see winfield and brian williams play more, if you think they won't lay some big hits on tiki. We certainly have the 2 hardest hitting CB's in the league, just ask keyshawn and the dallas cowboys offense. Don't be suprised to see them put some big hits on tiki, if he gets through the line, to them.

StrahanEatsPepper is offline Training Camp

Your "D" doesn't give up alot of rushing yards....that is true....and it is mainly because you guy have been lighting up the scoreboard most games.....but yougive up the 3rd most yards per carry at 4.8....and you've given up the 4th most rushing TDs....so you can be run on but teams can't stick with their run when they are trying to keep pace when you score alot....you have one of the lowest # of rushes against if not the lowest......but until the run needs to be abandoned your "D" can be run on.....and while your DB's may hit hard...not going to dispute that.....my point on Tiki is he very rarely is squared up with his tackler....not to say he won't get hit but usually doesn't take a big pop....

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Each week our D gets tougher and tougher and this week they will be at their best all season...this will add up to a domination of your running game and then shutting down your weakened passing game. All the while, our offense will be lighting up the scoreboard...GAME OVER!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

I think we left out one major thing. We cant be letting the tim carters, i know hes not playing and ike hillards be getting wide open and making many catches for a ton of yards. They have killed us over the years and it has gone unnoticed. We need to take care of them as well as taking care of warner, barber and toomer.
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a

"snowinapril" wrote:
    The games that Warner has done well in this year, he was not pressured. The teams that pressure him cause turnovers.

If we were to get enough pressure on him, then I think that he would fold and we wouldn't have to worry about Tiki as much.

Hovan, you can't start Tiki and morally feel good about it. Take one for the team, take one for the team. I feel for ya, been there myself.

We must get on the board first! Everytime we play this team, the start
    of the game is a debacle. We get behind quick and in most cases it's
    like an avalanch. Time and time again, we are not a comeback team.
    Moss is not even near 80%, so his effectiveness may be as a decoy
    on sunday. Agreed, Warner under pressure is not effective.......However, we have one of the worse pass rushes in the league... Give Warner time and he's capable of eating you up.

We need to controll the ball on "O" and put it in the endzone first.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"buck" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:

We must get on the board first! Everytime we play this team, the start
    of the game is a debacle. We get behind quick and in most cases it's
    like an avalanch. Time and time again, we are not a comeback team.
    Moss is not even near 80%, so his effectiveness may be as a decoy
    on sunday. Agreed, Warner under pressure is not effective.......However, we have one of the worse pass rushes in the league... Give Warner time and he's capable of eating you up.

We need to controll the ball on "O" and put it in the endzone first.
    Yes, I think you are right. We should score first with Moore doing the most of the work. This will use the clock like you said. Then we can have Daunte open up the game with the pass.

Nothing would please me more than 44-0 payback. It is probably not realistic but it is something to hope for.

Realistically 35-17 would be nise too.

LAVike is offline Pro-Bowler

DB's need to step it up and prove that last week's 3 points wasn't a fluke. They did pretty good with man coverage. Can we ever beat the Giants!? Here's our chance to crush 'em! Look for Hovan to get four sacks (LOL).
    "Veni, Vidi, Vikings!"--Julius Caesar

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

"StrahanEatsPepper" wrote:
    Your "D" doesn't give up alot of rushing yards....that is true....and it is mainly because you guy have been lighting up the scoreboard most games.....but yougive up the 3rd most yards per carry at 4.8....and you've given up the 4th most rushing TDs....so you can be run on but teams can't stick with their run when they are trying to keep pace when you score alot....you have one of the lowest # of rushes against if not the lowest......but until the run needs to be abandoned your "D" can be run on.....and while your DB's may hit hard...not going to dispute that.....my point on Tiki is he very rarely is squared up with his tackler....not to say he won't get hit but usually doesn't take a big pop....

Actually if you have watched our games this year, our D has done a good job at stopping the run early on in the games. It is when we get ahead by a lot and the other team starts to pass the ball a lot more, that is when we get burned on some longer runs. We start to realize they have to pass the ball and that they are gonna pass it all the time, so we play the pass and get burned on draws and other runs. This is why the yards per carry is higher than it actually should be. I have all the games taped and have watched each game a # of times, so trust me when I say that we have done a great job at stopping the run early in games, but struggle when we get ahead and start playing the pass more.

CanuckVike is offline Starter

Well I can tell one key to winning tomorrow's game against the G-Men will be...NOT having Denard Walker with us anymore! I just watched last years game just to get warmed up...and most the heat came from the afterburn from Walkers repeated scorchings he took from Giant receivers! He also made some tackle attempts that were right up there with an orange highway pylon! Thank St. Mirren he's gone!!! (I feel bad for Oakland!)
    8ed0c24a99f7e44be7931aa4afb7bd88

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast