Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Giants - KEYS to winning the game?

D-Line no doubt, stop Tiki and put pressure on Warner=We win!

RandyMoss8404 is offline Hall of Famer

This may seem like a crazy idea, but hear me out.

Put Antoine Winfield in bump and run coverage all day on their second receiver. Leave Brian Williams playing dedicated cover corner on Amani Toomer, and leave Winfield near the line. That way, when Tiki goes for his big runs, he'll get rocked. Buffalo did this against Miami on a consistent basis, because he wouldn't run to Winfield's side. Why? Because the couple times he did, Winfield knocked him OUT.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWgAayphx7Y
    "He s done it! Portugal is through!"

dart18 is offline Asst. Coach

well im gonna pull a madden.
    "The key to winning at home is to score more points than your opponent"
    and that my friends is the key to winning.
    Sometimes I like to think there is more to life than being you know. . . really really good looking.
    -Derrick Zoolander

vikesfan is offline Starter

My biggest concern about this game is Strahan going up against Nat Dorsey on the right side of the line. Dorsey has done a decent job filling in this year, but this will be a huge test for him.

StrahanEatsPepper is offline Training Camp

"RandyMoss8404" wrote:

Put Antoine Winfield in bump and run coverage all day on their second receiver. Leave Brian Williams playing dedicated cover corner on Amani Toomer, and leave Winfield near the line. That way, when Tiki goes for his big runs, he'll get rocked. Buffalo did this against Miami on a consistent basis, because he wouldn't run to Winfield's side. Why? Because the couple times he did, Winfield knocked him OUT.

You left out 1 major thing.....what about Shockey? There are very few LBs who can run with him and few DBs who can handle him physically especially in the Red Zone(just ask Dawkins & Roy Williams)...that is when we actually try to throw to him in the Red Zone

and don't see Tiki getting knocked out because he takes very few clean, solid hits....but do feel free to knock Dayne out anytime he starts to run on to the field...matter of fact I wouldn't mind if you Knocked him out when he steps off the team bus....

hovan is offline Star Spokesman

Re: Giants - KEYS to winning the game?

"snowinapril" wrote:
    I know it is early to start talkiing about the game for this sunday but I am getting excited. This is going to be a true test. This is going to be one of the first GOOD teams that we have faced (ya ya ya we played the Eagles).

What is the Key to winning this game?
    Well I think there should have been a place to voter for the Line Backing Core. We can't have Tiki breaking 70 yard runs on us. Oh wait, he's on my fantasy team. :drunken:
    Lombardis DEAD,
    Favrays OLD, the Packers SUCK,
    DEAL WITH IT!!!

Kleinsasser40 is offline Coordinator

Our DBs NEED to shut down the pass. Make them attempt at running vs our D. If Randy is out or "limited" for next game we might need a low scoring game, our DBs need to protect against the big play.
    [img:2264cdc124]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v482/ultravikingfan/vikesklein.jpg[/img:2264cdc124]

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"StrahanEatsPepper" wrote:
    "RandyMoss8404" wrote:

You left out 1 major thing.....what about Shockey? There are very few LBs who can run with him and few DBs who can handle him physically especially in the Red Zone(just ask Dawkins & Roy Williams)...that is when we actually try to throw to him in the Red Zone

and don't see Tiki getting knocked out because he takes very few clean, solid hits....but do feel free to knock Dayne out anytime he starts to run on to the field...matter of fact I wouldn't mind if you Knocked him out when he steps off the team bus....

That may be true, but our young LBs are very fast and I think that our DBs will handle him better than you think. The key here will be to stop Tiki from having a monster game and I think that our DL will slow him down...that will put the onus on Warner, who will be forced to make plays...I don't think that your WR corps is up to the task with Carter (the deep threat) out.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Contain Barber (like we did Chris Brown), get good pressure from our front 4 (Warner has a history of fumblitis), and for God's sake control Strahan. This guy wreaks havoc! If we get really lucky, in comes Manning! Did you see the hit he took in his first game? Wow! I would love to see a Vik crush him ever better!

We need some of this:

hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

D-line, just create choke havoc against warner and guarantee he will F*** up. Ive seen it many times watching ram games and still see it happening now as a giant. Hes like drew bledsoe, very immobile and when you rattle him, he will make bad plays over and over again. IF the d-line pressures him, we have a very good shot at winning. Warner being pressured will lead to turnovers and sacks.
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast