Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: The Giants game

Suick is offline Pro-Bowler
    I thought some of the recievers got alligator arms after awhile. They said fuck it, I'm not gonna stretch out for another high throw to get creamed by a safety.
    I've been a Viking fan since I was just out of diapers, hopefully we get Super Bowl win before I go back in 'em.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    This loss falls squarely on mistakes and coaching. Nothing more. It's really simple actually.

Mistakes:
    two kick return fumbles (Sharrif Floyd obviously missed the meeting where they say anybody over 300lbs does NOT return kickoffs) Just fair catch or take a knee.

Punt return fumble

Terrible interception (HOnestly, what was his thought on that? He was pretty good at throwing it away. That in the red zone is an easy 3 points)

We left at least 6 points on the field (sack to bring us out of field goal range, turnover in the red zone.

Coaching:

Freeman should NOT have been playing. He should still be inactive. As much as I hate to admit it, Gruden was right when he said putting in Ponder gave us the best chance to win.

Why did we attempt a 53 yard field goal with a gimpy kicker? Best case scenario, we get 3 points. Worst case, we injure Walsh more than he is.

Even though it's pointless, my evaluation:

QB: Grade: Inconclusive
    I give Freeman a chance. What I saw was a big body guy getting the ball out quick, avoiding pressure (there was lots of it), keeping his eyes downfield and throwing the ball hard. Those aspects are very desired. What I also saw was a guy consistently overthrowing receivers and throwing the ball up high. This comes hand in hand with experience. He had one week to get in sync with our receivers. THat isn't nearly enough. Freeman should have never been in this game, he's not ready at this point. I'm not saying Freeman can't be a decent QB, but he's simply not ready. You need more than one week of first team Reps. in 2009, Favre took a few weeks to get up to speed, and he's way more experienced than Freeman and came from the same system.

RB: D+ Not as much bad play by the RB, as much as just nowhere to go. THe Giants stacked the box (I swear to god Marty......) more than I've seen ina long time. I saw 9 in the box many times. THat means no safety deep. They were not going to get burned by AP, and they didn't.

WR/TE: C- Saw alot of drops, little production, but I truly believe that will be fixed with reps. The delivery from Freeman will be way different than Ponder. It will take time for the WR to get used to that.

OL: F My god, I haven't seen blocking that bad in a long time. Jaws kept saying how unimpressed he was with the Giants pass rush, but I Couldn't disagre emore. They didn't get many sacks, but they forced Freeman to avoid pressure all day long. They did not let him get comfortable at all back there.

DL: A. They actually played decently well. A few sacks, forced pressure on Eli, forced bad throws, gobbled up the run for the most part. I thought they played fairly well.

LB: B- Did a decent job tracking the RBs, forcing fumbles, containing the pass in the middle, rushing the passer. Overall not too bad.

DB: C I believe about 4 dropped interceptions that game. Sanford, Sendejo, Robinson and Sherels all had a pick go through their hands. Some more difficult than others, but those are difference makers there. Rhodes is simply outmatched out there. THey exposed him as our weakness in coverage. And I'm about done with Cook. He almost looks like he's playing lazy. I remember one comeback, he was backpedaling, reacted very slowly on a comeback route and gave up an easy completion. That and the TD over his head was something he needs to knock away. For a big athletic guy, he's been real poor in coverage lately. It always seems like he's on the wrong end of a highlight reel at the end of the night.

P: A- Locke was pretty good, exception of the touchback on the short punt, I thought his play was very good. Walsh does't get a grade, he was hurt, and should have never been asked to kick a 53 yarder.

Coaching: So much fail. Fraizer and Musgrave just need to go. Please, I don't care who finishes the year, shit, do a fan vote for all I care, it will be less awful playcalling than we're getting.

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Suick View Post
    I thought some of the recievers got alligator arms after awhile. They said fuck it, I'm not gonna stretch out for another high throw to get creamed by a safety.
    I was surprised Simpson got up after he was crushed and Jennings was wiped out twice

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by vikinggreg View Post
    I was surprised Simpson got up after he was crushed and Jennings was wiped out twice
    Simpson wasn't hit on the head, or ribs, his shoulder pads absorb that impact, it honestly doesn't hurt THAT much. We got lucky with Jennings, a hit that hard to the ribs causes lesser men to break.

purplehelmut is offline Pro-Bowler
    I want to know whose decision it was to start the obviously not ready Freeman. Frazier and Musgrave, if they are any coaches at all, must have known he simply was not ready. If they knew and still started him they should be fired. If ownership mandated that Freeman start, then we have a truly screwed up franchise (well, more screwed up than we thought). Can't see Speilman forcing a Freeman start unless it came from ownership. Evidently we don't care if we win or not as long as we find out if Freeman can play. This season is in the tank and it's a matter of where we pick next draft. I think it's time to clean house from top to bottom- this season is lost and there is no reason to continue as we are.

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by i_bleed_purple View Post
    Simpson wasn't hit on the head, or ribs, his shoulder pads absorb that impact, it honestly doesn't hurt THAT much. We got lucky with Jennings, a hit that hard to the ribs causes lesser men to break.
    You're right I didn't feel a thing and I'm sure the snot was just in a hurry to get out

rockymtdan is offline Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by John Van Loan View Post
    I am a team player type of guy but if I am Adrian PETERSON I would be gone to another team ASAP.
    In the pre game interview AP said not winning a Superbowl is not an option.
    Go ahead back up your to close away.

Randy Moss is offline Pro-Bowler
    QB : D - We didn't really put him in a position to succeed, but he sure didn't look good out there. He made the o-line look much better than it actually was and they still managed to look terrible. If there's anything positive we can take away from Freeman's performance it's that he looks really comfortable moving around in the pocket. Also, our receivers had at least 6 drops, including a perfect TD pass to Simpson.

OL : F - Wow, they were absolutely terrible. It was unbelievable how bad they were. Ponder and Cassel would not have lasted the game. Freeman actually did a really nice job moving around in the pocket and keeping his eyes down field despite getting hit on nearly every drop back.

WR : D - It seemed like they weren't used to catching balls that are a moving fast or something.

DL : A- - The D-Line was really good all game for the most part, especially up the middle.

LB : B+ - Erin Henderson is the best linebacker on this team. He had quite a few nice plays.

Secondary : C- - Why can't we catch?

Coaching F- - It was a close game until half way through the fourth. With a QB who we aquired a week ago and the best RB in the game, how in the world do you run it 13 times and throw 53 times? You've got to be kidding me. And that sprint play? They do they same thing with Ponder like 5 times a game and it fails every single time.
    Last edited by Randy Moss; 10-22-2013 at 10:20 AM.

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion
    The QB that could have won this game unfortunately does not play for us yet. When you only give the MVP from last year the ball 13 times in the game, that is simply awful play calling and bad game planning. Our offense scored no points in this game. That is not a team that is prepared to play against an 0/6 team. This game was just a bunch of guys that showed up to play in a pickup game on Monday night. There are no team leaders and no coaching. This fix has to come from the top down. If it doesn't we will be a laughing stock this year for the NFL. Its just plain embarrassing.

WWBGD

drewlovs is offline Asst. Coach
    I have an idea: lets take Aaron Rodgers and give him only 10-15 pass plays, then ask him to throw it 50 times to OUR WRs (replacing Gennings with someone like Mike Wallace to make this comparison valid). Oh, and the defense he is playing KNOWS he only has that many plays to draw from, and the only time they will have to deal with AP is on draw plays.

I don't think we can draw ANY conclusions on Freeman, since he knew every time he was going back to pass he was going to end up on his ass at the end of the play.

We CAN conclude that the OC does not have ANY faith in AP. Freeman was throwing way too early, and way too often. What happened to letting AP get the ball over and over until he finds his own holes? He wears down defenses when he gets the chance, but we have apparently decided not to give it to him.

This game only tells us that that Freeman kid is TOUGH. He took some big shots.
    Men are moved by two levers only: fear and self interest.

~Napoleon Bonaparte on Politics

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast