Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: The Giants game

LIVike is offline Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    1992, actually, I believe. Brendan Byrne arena to watch the New Jersey Nets play.

And the Meadowlands is still in the middle of nowwhere.

=Z=
    https://maps.google.com/maps?q=meado...,0.164795&z=14

It really depends on your definition of nowhere. Newark is less than 10 miles away and Secaucus is on the otherside of the turnpike. Jersey city isnt too far away either. For the golfers you have Liberty National where the Barclays was held this year a short drive away as well as. But yes for the immediate area around the meadowlands there is nothing since it is in the middle of meadowlands.
    None

Abe Froman is offline Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    The last time Zeus was there was probably 1984.
    I probably shouldn't talk, I haven't been there since 97.
    Trying out some new forums since I got my ip banned on Purple Chat 2 weeks ago...

Abe Froman is offline Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by LIVike View Post
    https://maps.google.com/maps?q=meado...,0.164795&z=14

It really depends on your definition of nowhere. Newark is less than 10 miles away and Secaucus is on the otherside of the turnpike. Jersey city isnt too far away either. For the golfers you have Liberty National where the Barclays was held this year a short drive away as well as. But yes for the immediate area around the meadowlands there is nothing since it is in the middle of meadowlands.
    I live in ND... My definition of "Middle of Nowhere" can only be rivaled by northern Canada and Siberia...
    Trying out some new forums since I got my ip banned on Purple Chat 2 weeks ago...

drewlovs is offline Pro-Bowler
    The one thing the viks HAVE done is take advantage of the other team's mistakes. We make our own, and they are usually bigger; but if we go AP AD, with Freeman kicking the tires ONLY, and not trying to drive our offense on his arm, we SHOULD have a good game.

As for us not scoring...the Panthers games was the first we didn't go over 24 points. The trick will be keeping Eli from getting TOO confident, and scoring like we can on the Giant "worst than ours" defense. This IS a very winnable game.
    Men are moved by two levers only: fear and self interest.
    ~Napoleon Bonaparte

drewlovs is offline Pro-Bowler
    As I sit and think about this (mainly because I have NOTHING else to do), it occurs to me that we will know if there is any life left in our team by the second series. If our veterans start playing like they have in seasons past (not brilliantly, just competently!!), that will tell us that the team has bought into Freeman's leadership, and we should be able to salvage at least some part of this season.

If it "same ol' same ol'" with the team, then they see Freeman in the same light as the Buccs veterans, and we are DONE.
    Men are moved by two levers only: fear and self interest.
    ~Napoleon Bonaparte

rockymtdan is offline Rookie
    The Vikings land at the Meadowland (a small swampy place by the sounds of it) and slash the clumsy slow giants of that land and sail off victorious. 31-28
    Go ahead back up your to close away.

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    For all you people who wanted to see freeman already, before he was ready, you got what you wanted. Cassel would have won this game easily!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

rednorsk is offline Rookie
    Face it, the Vikings are a very bad football team without competent coaching.
    None

I don't blame Freeman, he may turn out ok. He wasn't ready. This game would have been easy for Cassel to win. Wouldn't have been close.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

Quote Originally Posted by rednorsk View Post
    Face it, the Vikings are a very bad football team without competent coaching.
    It wasn't the coaches decision to start Freeman. It was out of his hands

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast