Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: @ Giants is biggest game of the year for us

this is going to be a very good game next week. as long as we play like we know we can play, it might turn out to be a very high scoring affair.
    We're bringing purple back.

6-KINGS Guest

"Del Rio" wrote:
    I see this game as everything to gain, nothing to lose.

In the big scheme of things it doesn't mean much if we lose this game.

I find this very interesting.

Why do you feel this to be the case Del?

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

"6-KINGS" wrote:
    "Del Rio" wrote:

i can agree to that del rio. i mean think about it. if we storm into new york and beat these giants, a team that some feel is good enough for a superbowl run, we then become a contender. if we lose, we stay were we already are: a under 500 team with their starting qb out for the season. we win, we are one step closer to the division title. we lose and we are one step closer to reggie bush.
    We're bringing purple back.

Del Rio Guest

"6-KINGS" wrote:
    "Del Rio" wrote:

Just because I have been in these same situations. Honestly in the real world outside of Vikingland we are a serious underdog. We suck on the road, we have one of the worst D's in the NFL, and our starting QB is gone. We can't beat the Giants, and history is against us, not to mention they are on fire right now, considered by some the best team in the NFC.

So the players will come in fired up no doubt. I am sure they will play with all they have, if they win the world is theirs for a day. They gel, they rejoice in the victory and the critics raise an eyebrow in interest. They go home happier yada yada.

If they lose it will be all too easy to chaulk it up to a number of things and move on. I guarantee if we lose this game it will not be too hard to get over for the players. There are too many intangibles out there for them to point a finger at. If they come close but still lose, they will still take something possitive out of it. They will easily be able to say we did better then they said we would..........

I just don't see it as the most important game.

6-KINGS Guest

Makes sense.
    I think they may be primed for an upset at home.
    It is important for me to get past my hate of the Giants and see them as a good team. Not sure why I hate them so much but I always have.
    They just seem so beatable to me. Like they just have a small roll going and all has just bounced their way. Not really because of what they have, but just the breaks have gone their way.
    Thanks Del I always want to hear your thoughts.
    Very grounded, and the fact you talk about cannibalism makes me respect you.
    And you fight for those poor pygmies too.

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

This week its the "ON ANY GIVEN SUNDAY" rule. We have to have a great game and the Giants have to have a not so great game.

WWBGD

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"DCPologirl" wrote:
    "ADubya26" wrote:
    We can't beat the Giants right? We can't win on the road, right? We can't even win on grass.

All of these things would be squashed against a very good team in NY. Two wins in a row, Brad at the helm, and we have a fighting chance I think.

I'm not trying to say the team doesn't like Culpepper, but anyone get the sense the team is playing harder than before? Just think about that.

hello! They are probably trying to win FOR him. Team loves Daunte. We all need to be praying for him.
    GREAT attitude!!! Go in and give them a taste of their own medicine!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Vikes is offline Team Alumni

The 'D' is what is going to carry us to the next level. If the 'D' shows up like they did last week life is good. The 'O' is not strong enough to carry us just yet.

We will WIN the game. The season is going to be a great finish for us. We need the Bears to start losing some steam.

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

"Vikes" wrote:
    The 'D' is what is going to carry us to the next level. If the 'D' shows up like they did last week life is good. The 'O' is not strong enough to carry us just yet.

We will WIN the game. The season is going to be a great finish for us. We need the Bears to start losing some steam.
    The bears have a tough schedule, so tough that we don't neccessarily need to win this game. If you look at the three game after the giants they are all winnable and being 6-6 considering we started 3-5 is nice. It is hard to see us finishing better than 8-8 though without some upsets.

Of, course that is not the attitude our players should have. This is definetly a big test and if we beat the Giants it could raise enough morale to take us to the playoffs. This is the first of 3 potential upsets in the secind half of the season.

I don't know where our running game came rom but it definetly needs to stay for this game if we are to win. If you look at the Giants' two losses both the Chargers and Cowboys had great performances by their offensive unit. We have got to come out firing on all cylinders and hope we catch them sleeping.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

BBQ Platypus is offline Team Alumni

We're going to need to win this game the old-fashioned way if we're going to have a shot: through defense and ball control. Brad is an average QB in every category except for one: he is great at keeping the ball out of the opponent's hands. The only thing we really need to worry about is running the ball effectively (4-5 YPC, maybe 3).

Our D needs to play more like it did on Sunday and less like a defense coached by Ted Cottrell. Eli Manning will be harder to stop than Joey Harrington, but he's still a young QB, so we'll want to blitz him. We need to avoid a repeat of the Steve Smith fiasco by doubling Plaxico Burress. Other than that (and other basic defensive formalities), we need to concentrate more on attacking the Giants offense rather than containing it. Those who make it their goal to try to contain the enemy offense will almost always get burned, whereas those who can successfully disrupt the enemy offense will stop them before they even could begin to execute their plan. We need to destroy any lanes for Tiki Barber to run through and give Manning no time to pass. Our DB's will take care of the rest.

"This is my timey-wimey detector. It goes ding when there's stuff."

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast