Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

@ Giants is biggest game of the year for us

We can't beat the Giants right? We can't win on the road, right? We can't even win on grass.

All of these things would be squashed against a very good team in NY. Two wins in a row, Brad at the helm, and we have a fighting chance I think.

I'm not trying to say the team doesn't like Culpepper, but anyone get the sense the team is playing harder than before? Just think about that.

Sig Created by MinnesotaFury

Prophet Guest

Re: @ Giants is biggest game of the year for us

I'm cautiously optimistic about this game. I really liked the balanced attack on Sunday, working in nine receivers and MM and MB both getting reps.

Tiki Barber makes me nervous and Burress is having a career year. Hopefully it will be a good game. I just keep having flashbacks to the 0-41 stomping.

CynicalVike is offline Starter

We're going to have to keep a TE lined up next to Rosenthal all day to help control Strahan. One on one, Strahan will eat Rosenthal alive.
    I used to be indecisive, now I m not so sure!

PAvikesfan is offline Star Spokesman

yes, this could be our defining game...

1. burress scored at least a TD every homegame. can we stop him?
    2. even worse, the vikes give up more TE TD's and big plays than just about anyone in the NFL. can we stop shockey with cowart and E.J.?

this is a different giants team.

#2 scares me because every 3rd down, our LB's and Nickle back will be tested.

if the vikes can force Turnovers and turn their game plan into just throwing by stopping Tiki, we have a good chance if our offense has the same success as yesterday. the giants are an offensive team now. their defense has been suspect. we score and cause turn overs, we win.

6-KINGS Guest

Every game will be a defining game from now on.
    Lets see what the line is............
    Giants by 10 huh

Looks like it is time for another call on Friday.
    In New York, I have lots of "friends" there.

"PAvikesfan" wrote:
    yes, this could be our defining game...

1. burress scored at least a TD every homegame. can we stop him?
    2. even worse, the vikes give up more TE TD's and big plays than just about anyone in the NFL. can we stop shockey with cowart and E.J.?

this is a different giants team.

#2 scares me because every 3rd down, our LB's and Nickle back will be tested.

if the vikes can force Turnovers and turn their game plan into just throwing by stopping Tiki, we have a good chance if our offense has the same success as yesterday. the giants are an offensive team now. their defense has been suspect. we score and cause turn overs, we win.
    Great analysis, I agree. We definitely need to win the turnover battle and get some guys in Eli's face.

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

this is the make or break game for this team. we win and we look amazing going into the next few weeks against some really bad teams. we lose, and people will be writing us off.
    We're bringing purple back.

DCPologirl is offline Team Alumni

"ADubya26" wrote:
    We can't beat the Giants right? We can't win on the road, right? We can't even win on grass.

All of these things would be squashed against a very good team in NY. Two wins in a row, Brad at the helm, and we have a fighting chance I think.

I'm not trying to say the team doesn't like Culpepper, but anyone get the sense the team is playing harder than before? Just think about that.

hello! They are probably trying to win FOR him. Team loves Daunte. We all need to be praying for him.

DCPologirl:Maybe Randy will make Aaron Brooks look better......roflmao Del Rio: I guarantee he will

"DCPologirl" wrote:
    "ADubya26" wrote:

hello! They are probably trying to win FOR him. Team loves Daunte. We all need to be praying for him.
    thats definitely a possibility, but i think the WRs especially like being thrown the ball while the break out of their routes as opposed to only when they are wide open. The line also enjoys it when they only have to pass protect for a few seconds as opposed to like 10 when Daunte stands in there for so long. the defense can play better/harder when they are on the field less, as opposed to 70% of the game. I wish Daunte the best and I think he is a great guy, but I think Brad might give us a better chance to win now.

Del Rio Guest

I see this game as everything to gain, nothing to lose.

In the big scheme of things it doesn't mean much if we lose this game.

On the other hand if we win it, the players moral will have to be raised and that is always a good thing.

I'm not buying into the recent trend of us doing good against a weak opponent and then getting overly opptimistic. Ted Cottrell is the key to this game, does his man berries shrink up or does he let his players play aggressive.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast