josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

GGL Fantasy Draft

I just scanned through the fantasy draft for the Gridiron Guru League, a fantasy league made up of experts from CBS, and sportsline.com.
    (http://www.sportsline.com/fantasy/football/expert-draft/GridironGuru)

Tell me, what do the following players have in common:
    Eli Manning, David Terrell, Brandon Stokley, Joe Jurevicius, Kurt Warner, Robert Furguson, and Patrick Ramsey?

They were all among the 28 players drafted after Maurice Clarett. Brent Jones drafted Clarett, who probably won't even be playing in the NFL next year, in the 18th round of their 20 round draft. One round later, Tommy Tighe drafted Mike Williams. Remember, these guys are experts. Does this seem wrong to anyone else?[/i]

Viking_Spirit is offline Star Spokesman

GGL Fantasy Draft

I don't even listen to the so-called experts. They are wrong most of the time, and I hate expert fantasy football "advice". All their "advice" that I used screwed me over!

NEVER AGAIN will I use expert advice for fantasy football!

Guns don t kill people. Chuck Norris kills people.

Mossville is offline Starter

Re: GGL Fantasy Draft

"josdin00" wrote:
    I just scanned through the fantasy draft for the Gridiron Guru League, a fantasy league made up of experts from CBS, and sportsline.com.
    (http://www.sportsline.com/fantasy/football/expert-draft/GridironGuru)

Tell me, what do the following players have in common:
    Eli Manning, David Terrell, Brandon Stokley, Joe Jurevicius, Kurt Warner, Robert Furguson, and Patrick Ramsey?

They were all among the 28 players drafted after Maurice Clarett. Brent Jones drafted Clarett, who probably won't even be playing in the NFL next year, in the 18th round of their 20 round draft. One round later, Tommy Tighe drafted Mike Williams. Remember, these guys are experts. Does this seem wrong to anyone else?[/i]
    It appears so, but if they made these picks before the recent ruling that is baring them for sure, I can see why they would take that risk. I know in round 19 i would have taken the chance on Mike williams, it is round 19 and all and I would hope that Id have my roster set. Drafting Clarett however is just plain stupid because even if he did get in, hes not going to sniff any legitamate carries

josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

Re: GGL Fantasy Draft

"Mossville" wrote:
    It appears so, but if they made these picks before the recent ruling that is baring them for sure, I can see why they would take that risk. I know in round 19 i would have taken the chance on Mike williams, it is round 19 and all and I would hope that Id have my roster set. Drafting Clarett however is just plain stupid because even if he did get in, hes not going to sniff any legitamate carries

That may be the case. I did not check the date of their draft, so it may have been before the recent ruling in the US Court of Appeals. Still, all the indications before the ruling were that the Court of Appeals and the Supreme Court would both side with the NFL. Wouldn't you rather take a chance on a sleeper that was already in the league? It just seems like a waste of a draft pick. Then again, it's easy enough to drop a player and pick up someone else. Maybe they did it for symbolic reasons, knowing that their draft would be published.

SHOW-TIME is offline Pro-Bowler

GGL Fantasy Draft

yeah last year gannon was ranked like the best qb and i almost drafted him instead i took daunte
    so yeah eatingpieinbed some friends of mine http://www.purevolume.com/eatingpieinbed