Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    LaBonBon is offline Rookie

Re:getting our respect

VikingsDoll wrote:
    castle7887 wrote:
    Hey guys, longtime lurker decided its time to register.

Probably gunna catch some flak for this. Not trying to jump the gun and overlook the saints or anything, but i wanted to hear your guy's opinion on if we go into NO and take care of business, who would you guys rather face in the big game??

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=448004

Sure looks like the colts fans dont wanna face us, nice to see someone's giving us our respect.
    Hi Castle and welcome, hope you like it here
    My vote would be for the Jets, I think it would be great to play them----Favre's old team. That would be exciting, plus I'm sick of Peyton Manning :S
    Are you getting so excited for Sunday? Now I wish it would just hurry up and get here, I'm getting antsy!
    Hope you're having a good day!
    Ditto! Ditto! Ditto! Ditto! Great minds think alike, VikingsDoll! Welcome castle7887!

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Re: getting our respect

marstc09 wrote:
    Manning vs. Favre would be sweet but I think the Jets would be cool too. Favre gets his final revenge before setting off into the sunset with the trophy.
    Favre's revenge on the Jets? For what? Getting him out of his personal hell in Green Bay? Letting him play while injured to keep his streak alive? Releasing him earlier this year rather than making him live out his contract?

I don't see *anything* that the Jets did which would want him to seek revenge on them.

Now - the Jets, OTOH, have plenty against Favre for them to feel the need for vengence.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Zeus wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    Manning vs. Favre would be sweet but I think the Jets would be cool too. Favre gets his final revenge before setting off into the sunset with the trophy.
    Favre's revenge on the Jets? For what? Getting him out of his personal hell in Green Bay? Letting him play while injured to keep his streak alive? Releasing him earlier this year rather than making him live out his contract?

I don't see *anything* that the Jets did which would want him to seek revenge on them.

Now - the Jets, OTOH, have plenty against Favre for them to feel the need for vengence.

=Z=

Hmmmmmmm lets see calling him "not a team player" and crying that he would not hang out with them. I think that is more than enough for Favre to want revenge.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

marstc09 wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:

Hmmmmmmm lets see calling him "not a team player" and crying that he would not hang out with them. I think that is more than enough for Favre to want revenge.
    Riiiiiiiiight. Except that all that seems to be true. He didn't want to be there and didn't put in the effort with that team that he has here.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

green hornet wrote:
    Brees vs Manning would be the ultimate matchup, probably the two best qbs in the game right now.

marstc09 wrote:

Just another Packer fan who can't stand that Favre is here in Minny!

Manning 33 TD's 16 INT's 99.9 Passer rating

Brees 34 TD's 11 INT's 109.6 Passer rating

Favre 33 TD's 7 INT's 107.2 Passer rating

I guess the 2 best QB's are meeting this Sunday!

Why was Manning MVP?
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Flidais is offline Rookie

marstc09 wrote:
    I don't know. After 17 years, it's fairly easy to dwell on Favre's bad traits, but even so, that would be small and petty for even the most narcissistic s.o.b. and I would argue, like Zeus, he probably has forgotten all about that.

Zeus wrote:

=Z=
    As royally sick as I am of Peyton Manning, it's for the above quoted reason I'd hate to see a Jets/Vikings Superbowl.

I just don't think I could live through two weeks of the media mulling over every... single... little... word... everyone from Favre to the towelboy said during that year.

And you know they would.

FF
    FF is offline Training Camp

Journalists are people (just like the rest of us, - sounds corny, - I know, but here is my point ...

I honestly believe the major (and only) reason the MVP went to Manning this year is because that more than 3/4 of those people involved in the MVP ballot had almost all "predicted" that Favre would "tank" in Minnesota, that he wouldn't be able to play (like he has so far) and that he was too old to play, that he would throw (tons) of interceptions ...

- Obviously neither of them will really admit that they were so wrong, and voting on Favre (in the MVP ballot) would mean they would have to "eat" "public crow" ...

Looking back on this year, a couple of years from now (once #4 really retires LOL), no matter what happens ... I think most ("historians") will "admit" that Favre clearly was the MVP of the 2009 season ...
    "The Only Thing nescessary for The Triumph of Evil, is for Good Men to do Nothing ..."
    - Edmund Burke

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

FF wrote:
    Journalists are people (just like the rest of us, - sounds corny, - I know, but here is my point ...

I honestly believe the major (and only) reason the MVP went to Manning this year is because that more than 3/4 of those people involved in the MVP ballot had almost all "predicted" that Favre would "tank" in Minnesota, that he wouldn't be able to play (like he has so far) and that he was too old to play, that he would throw (tons) of interceptions ...

- Obviously neither of them will really admit that they were so wrong, and voting on Favre (in the MVP ballot) would mean they would have to "eat" "public crow" ...

Looking back on this year, a couple of years from now (once #4 really retires LOL), no matter what happens ... I think most ("historians") will "admit" that Favre clearly was the MVP of the 2009 season ...
    Someone likes quotes and parentheses :blink:

If that were the case, why not vote brees MVP then? Brees had much better stats than Manning and arguably better stats than Favre as well. The media is blatantly biased towards Manning these days just as they were towards Favre in the late 90's and throughout the 2000's. He is the posterchild of the NFL. That's why they love having him in commercials.

The thing that confused my most this year was that, to me, this was one of Manning's least dominant years. Yeah, he carried his team to a great record and played very well in doing so.. But looking at Favre and Brees, save last year for Brees, they both had amazing seasons in relation to their career scope.. both of those seasons being better than Manning's this year. It SHOULD have been a three man race between Brees, Favre, and Chris Johnson.

raptorman is offline Starter

whackthepack wrote:
    green hornet wrote:
    Brees vs Manning would be the ultimate matchup, probably the two best qbs in the game right now.

marstc09 wrote:

Just another Packer fan who can't stand that Favre is here in Minny!

Manning 33 TD's 16 INT's 99.9 Passer rating

Brees 34 TD's 11 INT's 109.6 Passer rating

Favre 33 TD's 7 INT's 107.2 Passer rating

I guess the 2 best QB's are meeting this Sunday!

Why was Manning MVP?
    Actually it's real simple. If Payton does not play, the Colts don't win. Period. There is no other player more important to his team then Payton.

Plus he makes all those commercials! I'm waiting for Trump to say..."You're fired".

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12