Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Re: Getting mad props in Cleveland

"Lotzapurple119" wrote:
    i bet you felt like you were on top of the world today ultra!
    Heck yeah!

Went to work and searched for the dorks who all they do is dog the Vikes because they know it pisses me off.

So, I gave them a little and and and then told then to STFU! They were not allowed to talk unitl we play them again in 4 years.

Plus, I won a 12 pack of Coors too!

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

If I lived in Cleveland I would have taken some dog biscuits to work with the numbers 24-12 printed on them, handed each one of those guys one & said "Here ya go, chew on this!"

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

magicci is offline Jersey Retired

good for u ultra i bet you felt so proud. i wish i would have felt that feeling if the vikes beat the raiders 2 years ago.

Mikecarter81 is offline Coordinator

I Agree I hope out Team doesn't get too big a head and steps it up again, it would be nice to go into the Pittsburgh game with a big deal of confidence.

Mike
    I am an avid Viking fan, but also am an avid restoration guy of vintage Mopar(Chrysler, Dodge, Plymouth)B bodies

"singersp" wrote:
    If I lived in Cleveland I would have taken some dog biscuits to work with the numbers 24-12 printed on them, handed each one of those guys one & said "Here ya go, chew on this!"
    Great idea! Man, I am gonna do it! Thanks sing.

Or, I will take a sharpie and write "Owned" on the dig biscuits!

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    Great idea! Man, I am gonna do it! Thanks sing.

Or, I will take a sharpie and write "Owned" on the dig biscuits!
    Either way will work. Write "Owned" on on side & 24-12 on the other! :grin:

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Turboe is offline Hall of Famer

I used to live up in Erie so I hung out in Cleveburg a fair ammount. I thought it was interesting that they said during the game yesterday that we were the last team not to have played Cleveland since their rebirth (post Model).

What they failed to mention (and I realize it was a preseason game and therefore not official) was that the Vikes christened the new Cleveland Stadium on Saturday, August 21, 1999 with a little beat down. Final score Minnesota 24, Cleveland 17. I was there sporting my Vikes jersey and getting loads of crap from all the Cleveburgers before the game (much to the chagrin of the Browns season-ticket holder I was with) but it was quite a bit quieter on the walk out.

I am glad I didnt leave my job with that company (whose season tickets I used) before that game.

Not as many people cared about the "Stadium Opener" against the Vikes as probably would have normally, because the "Season Opener" that year was also in the new stadium against the hated rival Steelers. These tickets were going to be hard to come by. Ironically enough one of the guys that was supposed to be going to that game had to cancel at the last minute, and my boss knew that I (the single guy with nothing more important to do) would go on a moments notice, so I got to go to that game too.

Man how that had to really hurt the hometown fans to open your season in your new beautiful stadium against your arch-rival and get a 43-0 asswhoopin' hung on you. (Wow I didnt think that would get through the jiggly-butt filter)

"Turboe" wrote:
    I used to live up in Erie so I hung out in Cleveburg a fair ammount. I thought it was interesting that they said during the game yesterday that we were the last team not to have played Cleveland since their rebirth (post Model).

What they failed to mention (and I realize it was a preseason game and therefore not official) was that the Vikes christened the new Cleveland Stadium on Saturday, August 21, 1999 with a little beat down. Final score Minnesota 24, Cleveland 17. I was there sporting my Vikes jersey and getting loads of crap from all the Cleveburgers before the game (much to the chagrin of the Browns season-ticket holder I was with) but it was quite a bit quieter on the walk out.

I am glad I didnt leave my job with that company (whose season tickets I used) before that game.

Not as many people cared about the "Stadium Opener" against the Vikes as probably would have normally, because the "Season Opener" that year was also in the new stadium against the hated rival Steelers. These tickets were going to be hard to come by. Ironically enough one of the guys that was supposed to be going to that game had to cancel at the last minute, and my boss knew that I (the single guy with nothing more important to do) would go on a moments notice, so I got to go to that game too.

Man how that had to really hurt the hometown fans to open your season in your new beautiful stadium against your arch-rival and get a 43-0 asswhoopin' hung on you. (Wow I didnt think that would get through the jiggly-butt filter)
    Turboe, I was there also. At the first game ever! I sat row 3 near the endzone! I was so pumped! Carter caught a TD right in front of me. I have the tickets in a frame in my Vikes HoF room.

Turboe is offline Hall of Famer

I still have the tickets (I think) down in my box of tickets, sports programs etc. I should check for sure.

It was a great atmosphere in the stadium that day wasnt it.

As I recall I was lowerlevel, up a ways kind of goal line to endzone corner area.

"Turboe" wrote:
    I still have the tickets (I think) down in my box of tickets, sports programs etc. I should check for sure.

It was a great atmosphere in the stadium that day wasnt it.

As I recall I was lowerlevel, up a ways kind of goal line to endzone corner area.
    I was near the pylon in the 3rd row. We got the tickets for free. I wore my Cunningham jersey, my wife wore a Vikes shirt.

There were 5 drunk jerk-offs behind us talking smack. After awhile, only one guy was left. So, I turned around and said, "not so tough without your buddies". He did not say anything.

It was only the 2nd time I have seen the Vikes.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast