Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Get rid of BJ!

Re: Get rid of BJ!

"sleepagent" wrote:
    "BrooksBollingerForQB" wrote:
    "sleepagent" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    [quote author=Vike_Fanatic link=topic=28091.msg481520#msg481520 date=1160348073]
    OK, I think I have had enough of BJ's horrible decisions and not to mention his throwing ability.
    He can't run the ball either, all he can do is DUMP,DUMP,DUMP.
    He has thrown maybe 4 passes attempted for over 20 yards this year.
    3 of them were horrible and the one that was desent was dropped.
    T. Jackson is ready to start this year.
    If we keep letting BJ dump the ball, were ganna end up with under 1000 passing yards this year!!!
    After jackson heals, which I think will take another week or so, then let jackson practice with the starters and he can begin his career with a win over the 49's.
    Waiting 4 weeks from now should be enough time to get ready.
    I just dont think that he should start against Seatle or New England because it will be an easy transfer from playing with 2nd stringers to playing the 1st string 49's.
    Yeah, 76% completions is horrible, I can see where you're coming from.
    The most sound decision would be to start a rookie that played in division II college ball and a few preseason games against 2-4th stringers.
    He's ready.
    There is no doubt.
    Actually, I'm a bit surprised that you didn't get the nod over Childress for the HC job.
    Lets be honest guys. If this was Daunte Culpepper and he had brad's stats u'd all be in agreement that Tavarias or Bollinger should play.
    If DC was playing, he would have fumbled away the wins or thrown one of his trademark picks late in the game . . . kind of like Kitna did & DC is still doing in Miami.
    Way to side step everything I said because you know i'm right
    Intangibles my friend.
    Whats the win percentage of DC?
    How about BJ?
    In the end . . . its all about the "W".

Right now BJ is the best man for the job.

[/quote]

I disgree. brooks bollinger put up solid number last year 7tds 6 ints 1600 yds and 57 comp % for a a much less talented offense. BJ is old embrace youth.

Prophet Guest

"Prophet" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    "Vike_Fanatic" wrote:
    OK, I think I have had enough of BJ's horrible decisions and not to mention his throwing ability.
    If we keep letting BJ dump the ball, were ganna end up with under 1000 passing yards this year!!!
    After jackson heals, which I think will take another week or so, then let jackson practice with the starters and he can begin his career with a win over the 49's.
    I just dont think that he should start against Seatle or New England because it will be an easy transfer from playing with 2nd stringers to playing the 1st string 49's.
    The most sound decision would be to start a rookie that played in division II college ball and a few preseason games against 2-4th stringers.
    He's ready.
    There is no doubt.
    Actually, I'm a bit surprised that you didn't get the nod over Childress for the HC job.
    Lets be honest guys. If this was Daunte Culpepper and he had brad's stats u'd all be in agreement that Tavarias or Bollinger should play.
    Do you even watch the games?
    I couldn't be more honest than I am saying that there are many problems on the O.
    If Culpepper was playing there would have been fumbles and INTS racking up faster than I can type this sentence.
    Right now there are problems on the O that have to do some combination of BJ, coaching, line, WRs, play calling, etc.
    If you think for a moment that the coaching staff isn't aware of these problems and trying to correct them you should just quit being a fan of the NFL.

Many fans are not fans of individual players, they want the team to win.
    Not that complicated.
    I am more convinced, given our current options, that BJ is a better starter than Bollinger and Tarvaris at this juncture of his career.
    Think.
    It doesn't hurt.
    Dude way to also side step what I said. i didn't say if daunte played worse than brad. If daunte and brad had the exact same stats exact same record, you'd be calling for his head. Maybe Now you can understand what I'm saying. Or maybe you just be illerate on this here comp thingy.
    Try reading comprehension.
    Anybody that even remotely understands the game can see that the problems on offense are not pointing to an individual player.
    There are problems that appear to be an interaction of many things like I stated on my previous post.
    If Daunte was the starter and everything was exactly the same (which would never be the case....see Miami) there is no obvious finger pointing.

The truth of the matter, it appears to me, is that you are one of the Daunte crotch sniffers coming in under a new assumed identity backing Bollinger.
    Are you his lover?
    I can't think of any other rational justifcation for wanting him to start at this juncture of the season.

"Prophet" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    [quote author=Vike_Fanatic link=topic=28091.msg481520#msg481520 date=1160348073]
    He's ready.
    There is no doubt.
    I couldn't be more honest than I am saying that there are many problems on the O.
    If Culpepper was playing there would have been fumbles and INTS racking up faster than I can type this sentence.
    Right now there are problems on the O that have to do some combination of BJ, coaching, line, WRs, play calling, etc.
    If you think for a moment that the coaching staff isn't aware of these problems and trying to correct them you should just quit being a fan of the NFL.

Not that complicated.
    I am more convinced, given our current options, that BJ is a better starter than Bollinger and Tarvaris at this juncture of his career.
    Think.
    It doesn't hurt.
    Dude way to also side step what I said. i didn't say if daunte played worse than brad. If daunte and brad had the exact same stats exact same record, you'd be calling for his head. Maybe Now you can understand what I'm saying. Or maybe you just be illerate on this here comp thingy.
    Anybody that even remotely understands the game can see that the problems on offense are not pointing to an individual player.
    There are problems that appear to be an interaction of many things like I stated on my previous post.
    If Daunte was the starter and everything was exactly the same (which would never be the case....see Miami) there is no obvious finger pointing.

The truth of the matter, it appears to me, is that you are one of the Daunte crotch sniffers coming in under a new assumed identity backing Bollinger.
    Are you his lover?
    I can't think of any other rational justifcation for wanting him to start at this juncture of the season.
    [/quote]

I never brought Daunte into the arguement. Someone else did that. I read the replies and made an observation. Yes I am a Daunte fan, but I supported Brad. We need a change obviously. However, with the way our defense is playing I say give Bollinger a shot, see if we can't get the offense going as well and be running on all cyclinders like the bears.

Sorry needed a change, as in after last season

Prophet Guest

"Prophet" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    [quote author=Prophet link=topic=28091.msg481523#msg481523 date=1160348413]
    He's ready.
    There is no doubt.

Not that complicated.
    Think.
    It doesn't hurt.

Are you his lover?
    [/quote]

I never brought Daunte into the arguement. Someone else did that. I read the replies and made an observation. Yes I am a Daunte fan, but I supported Brad. We need a change obviously. However, with the way our defense is playing I say give Bollinger a shot, see if we can't get the offense going as well and be running on all cyclinders like the bears.
    [/quote]

It's five games with a rookie HC and rookie DC and new schemes.
    I just don't understand the instantaneous gratification folks.
    They are doing damn good at this point.
    Bollinger getting the offense going would be nice, but do you really think that would happen?
    I definitely don't.
    I'll agree to disagree.

I sure hope they do get the offense going but I do know one thing.
    It sure as hell is not obvious that a QB change is needed, especially considering the options.
    They need to start doing something differently and I'm not sure what it is.
    My guess is that a good part of the problem is just due to growing pains.

[/quote]

They are doing gol 'darnit good at this point.
    Bollinger getting the offense going would be nice, but do you really think that would happen?
    I definitely don't.
    I'll agree to disagree.

It sure as hell is not obvious that a QB change is needed, especially considering the options.

[/quote]

I just think that this point, we obviously aren't going to change the offensive philosophy and the easiest way to try to spark the offense at this point is by giving the back-up a chance. I mean hey besides the o-line we have medicore talent at best, so it may not be brad, but we can't change our wideouts, running backs, fullbacks, and tight ends, but we can change the qb. However, I will agree to disagree as well.

sleepagent is offline Hall of Famer

So does this mean the thread is over?

Well then, let's get back to some serious discussions of (Randy Moss)
    ;D ;D ;D

"No Greater Friend . . . No Worse Enemy. U.S. MARINES"
    "FIND YOUR PASSION AND MAKE IT HAPPEN!"
    "SUCCESS LOOKS EASY TO THOSE THAT WEREN'T THERE WHEN IT WAS BEING ACHIEVED!"

Prophet Guest

They are doing gol 'darnit good at this point.
    I definitely don't.
    I'll agree to disagree.

I just think that this point, we obviously aren't going to change the offensive philosophy and the easiest way to try to spark the offense at this point is by giving the back-up a chance. I mean hey besides the o-line we have medicore talent at best, so it may not be brad, but we can't change our wideouts, running backs, fullbacks, and tight ends, but we can change the qb. However, I will agree to disagree as well.
    Fine.
    If a miracle happens and Bollinger comes in and wins effortlessly I will happily eat my serving of crow.
    I just don't see that happening.

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

This is like watching ping pong.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"Webby" wrote:
    This is like watching ping pong.
    Yes....with my balls!

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast