Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Get rid of BJ!

SW FL Vike is offline Training Camp

Re: Get rid of BJ!

BJ is the best option we have right now, but boy he is incapable of pressuring the defense with the threat of his "accurate" deep passing. Also, he makes it easy for defenses b/c he is no threat to run anywhere. A weakish arm and no mobility + a wr corp that has trouble with seperation = low offensive output! Thank God for our D.

Prophet Guest

"SW" wrote:
    BJ is the best option we have right now, but boy he is incapable of pressuring the defense with the threat of his "accurate" deep passing. Also, he makes it easy for defenses b/c he is no threat to run anywhere. A weakish arm and no mobility + a wr corp that has trouble with seperation = low offensive output! Thank God for our D.
    You pretty much summed it up in four sentences.
    Add in a fifth about play calling and the solution is found by addressing some or all of those issues.

sleepagent is offline Hall of Famer

"Webby" wrote:
    What a bunch of whining chicken littles.

Grow a set and stick it out.

BTW, Moss is over.
    Choose now:
    Vikings or Moss.

Moss fans, don't let the door hit you on the jiggly butt on the way out.

Good riddance.
    Fran Tarkenton came back and there are those of us who can hope.

I've mentioned before, I would LOVE to forget MOSS but I can't until SOMEONE . . . ANYONE . . . steps it up so we can move on.

Until then . . . (Randy Moss)
    ;D ;D

"No Greater Friend . . . No Worse Enemy. U.S. MARINES"
    "FIND YOUR PASSION AND MAKE IT HAPPEN!"
    "SUCCESS LOOKS EASY TO THOSE THAT WEREN'T THERE WHEN IT WAS BEING ACHIEVED!"

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni

Was it perfect?
    not by any means!
    was it impressive?
    nope.
    was it exciting?
    at times, thanks to the D.
    Was this what we posted about in the preseason?
    yep.
    We won - doesn't matter how ugly; yes, there are issues.
    But there are reasons for optimism too.
    3-2 after Childress' first five games as a HC; not bad.
    And, don't forget, we had the Bears on the ropes...in fact, Sharper dropped an int for touchdown if you remember.
    The o-line and Chester seemed to be getting a little bit of a rhythm today...they aren't totally there yet, but it's game five; have some patience people.

I could not agree more with the "get over Moss and Culpepper" sentiment.
    Moss is Team Captain...please.
    Culpepper got benched on a team far worse than ours...

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

[img width=360 height=360]http://s87266680.onlinehome.us/avatars/forum/this_sucks1.jpg[/img]

Thats all I have to say about that.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"Prophet" wrote:
    "SW" wrote:
    You pretty much summed it up in four sentences.
    Add in a fifth about play calling and the solution is found by addressing some or all of those issues.
    Ya, this is the same thing that was said about Brad J. when he was replaced in TB, except about the best option part.
    They replaced him with Griese and then I think Simms when Griese went down.

sleepagent is offline Hall of Famer

"poult" wrote:
    "Webby" wrote:
    What a bunch of whining chicken littles.

Grow a set and stick it out.

BTW, Moss is over.
    Choose now:
    Vikings or Moss.

Moss fans, don't let the door hit you on the jiggly butt on the way out.

Good riddance.
    well, i dont know if that is quite fair, i love the vikings, but i also love moss.
    Hence my moss raiders jersey i got 2 weeks ago.
    of course if the raiders play the vikes im still rooting for the vikes to win, but for moss to put up some numbers.
    so i cant make that choice, so if you wanna ban me or whatever it is you are planning, i guess go ahead......
    I think he, and the other 25 regulars around here are tired of hearing about old players that cannot help or hurt the team anymore . . . especially those named MOSS or CULPEPPER!

Until we find a legitimate QB to replace CULPEPPER (Which shouldn't be hard & I like BJ) and a WR to replace MOSS, it'll be hard to let go especially the way MOSS was dumped.

"No Greater Friend . . . No Worse Enemy. U.S. MARINES"
    "FIND YOUR PASSION AND MAKE IT HAPPEN!"
    "SUCCESS LOOKS EASY TO THOSE THAT WEREN'T THERE WHEN IT WAS BEING ACHIEVED!"

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni

thanks ultravikingfan, that was good!

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

"Prophet" wrote:
    "Vike_Fanatic" wrote:
    OK, I think I have had enough of BJ's horrible decisions and not to mention his throwing ability.
    He can't run the ball either, all he can do is DUMP,DUMP,DUMP.
    He has thrown maybe 4 passes attempted for over 20 yards this year.
    3 of them were horrible and the one that was desent was dropped.
    T. Jackson is ready to start this year.
    If we keep letting BJ dump the ball, were ganna end up with under 1000 passing yards this year!!!
    After jackson heals, which I think will take another week or so, then let jackson practice with the starters and he can begin his career with a win over the 49's.
    Waiting 4 weeks from now should be enough time to get ready.
    I just dont think that he should start against Seatle or New England because it will be an easy transfer from playing with 2nd stringers to playing the 1st string 49's.
    Yeah, 76% completions is horrible, I can see where you're coming from.
    The most sound decision would be to start a rookie that played in division II college ball and a few preseason games against 2-4th stringers.
    He's ready.
    There is no doubt.
    Actually, I'm a bit surprised that you didn't get the nod over Childress for the HC job.
    Lets be honest guys. If this was Daunte Culpepper and he had brad's stats u'd all be in agreement that Tavarias or Bollinger should play.

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

Are you kidding me? Now you are saying that we would be better off with Jackson, Bollinger, or even Culpepper at the helm? You are nuts man.. You can't blame the offensive struggles solely on the shoulders of Brad Johnson..

It has alot to do with the play calling, and the time allowed to make reads and throw the ball.. If Johnson gets a play call, he makes that play, plain and simple.. He can make an audible, but how do we know that he hasn't and it worked out in our favor?

I am pretty sure that if we would have started Jackson, Bollinger, or even if Culpepper were still here, we would be 1-4, or maybe even 0-5.. Johnson is fine, and as soon as they play better as a team, Johnson will prove why he is a SB winning QB..

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast