Page 1 of 15 123 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Get rid of BJ!

Get rid of BJ!

OK, I think I have had enough of BJ's horrible decisions and not to mention his throwing ability.
    He can't run the ball either, all he can do is DUMP,DUMP,DUMP.
    He has thrown maybe 4 passes attempted for over 20 yards this year.
    3 of them were horrible and the one that was desent was dropped.
    T. Jackson is ready to start this year.
    If we keep letting BJ dump the ball, were ganna end up with under 1000 passing yards this year!!!
    After jackson heals, which I think will take another week or so, then let jackson practice with the starters and he can begin his career with a win over the 49's.
    Waiting 4 weeks from now should be enough time to get ready.
    I just dont think that he should start against Seatle or New England because it will be an easy transfer from playing with 2nd stringers to playing the 1st string 49's.

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Get rid of BJ!

Did you ever think about why Brad may be dumping the ball off? The goal for the QB is to look to his primary receivers before dumping it off. If the primary targets aren't open, he looks to the checkdown which is usually a screen or dumpoff. If we're dumping the ball off a lot, doesn't that imply that our receivers aren't open a lot? You can't solely blame the offensive trouble on a single person. Every player is doing their part to add to the crapiness of the offense other than chester.

Prophet Guest

"Vike_Fanatic" wrote:
    OK, I think I have had enough of BJ's horrible decisions and not to mention his throwing ability.
    He can't run the ball either, all he can do is DUMP,DUMP,DUMP.
    He has thrown maybe 4 passes attempted for over 20 yards this year.
    3 of them were horrible and the one that was desent was dropped.
    T. Jackson is ready to start this year.
    If we keep letting BJ dump the ball, were ganna end up with under 1000 passing yards this year!!!
    After jackson heals, which I think will take another week or so, then let jackson practice with the starters and he can begin his career with a win over the 49's.
    Waiting 4 weeks from now should be enough time to get ready.
    I just dont think that he should start against Seatle or New England because it will be an easy transfer from playing with 2nd stringers to playing the 1st string 49's.
    Yeah, 76% completions is horrible, I can see where you're coming from.
    The most sound decision would be to start a rookie that played in division II college ball and a few preseason games against 2-4th stringers.
    He's ready.
    There is no doubt.
    Actually, I'm a bit surprised that you didn't get the nod over Childress for the HC job.

UndisputedVike is offline Coordinator

Yeah, let's start a raw 2nd round QB, whom is coming off knee surgery, IF anyone is to start for Brad it should be Bollinger, sure Brad is making some horrible decisions but I don't think we'll just pull him.

Good lord if it isn't chants for Moss it's chants to start Tarvaris...the kid had a great pre-season but...right now he isn't the answer at Qb for the time being.

I understand the frustration, thee has been a few times I wish he would have attempted a first down pass instead of cheacking down for four yards.
    Getting four yards helps on a field gowl, who cares on a punt.
    I am a little concerned when I see him pass deep.
    Jackson needs at least this year, if not next year to watch and learn.
    Sometimes you just need to be happy the team is making progress.

We can solve poverty today.

I'm not completly annoyed with the dumping the ball.
    Its the time when he dumps the ball.
    Second and short is good but if you look at last week,
    we could have won the game.
    There was like 20 secs. left on the clock with 0 timeouts left, and what does Johnson do? Oh yeah, he dumps the ball off in the middle of the field.
    But fortunately he had time to spike it.
    But instead of atleast trying for the endzone guess what he does? He dumps it off in the middle of the field to run out the clock...AGAIN!!!
    He also dumps it on 3rd and long all of the time and it almost never works.
    And the 70 some percent pass completion means nothing when he's only gaining 2 yards every play.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

The only thing that I could see possibly being a positive about replacing BJ with TJ would be that the line is not helping him much and maybe a more mobile QB could buy more time for a receiver to get open. But I would rather fire the line coach and work at improving the performance of the line.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

AHHH!!! This is the most ridiculous thing ever!!!!

Open up your eyes people! Brad is a good quarterback. He's had us in all 5 games, made the throw to beat the Bills (which Robinson dropped) and was not at fault for the Bears loss. He's got a 76% completion percentage!

Tarvaris Jackson is NOT the second coming of Christ either! He played 1-AA ball, has only been in Childress's system for 5 months, is hurt, has only seen limited action in PRESEASON and has earmarked by Childress as a work in progress since day 1! How can you say that Tarvaris is ready to start? We've never even seen him play in the regular season.

"Well, you'll never know how he can play unless you give him a shot," retard said.

I could see that reasoning if we were 0-5, but we have a winning record going into the bye for Pete's sake! Gosh...some people are nuts.

Prophet Guest

"Vike_Fanatic" wrote:
    I'm not completly annoyed with the dumping the ball.
    Its the time when he dumps the ball.
    Second and short is good but if you look at last week,
    we could have won the game.
    There was like 20 secs. left on the clock with 0 timeouts left, and what does Johnson do? Oh yeah, he dumps the ball off in the middle of the field.
    But fortunately he had time to spike it.
    But instead of atleast trying for the endzone guess what he does? He dumps it off in the middle of the field to run out the clock...AGAIN!!!
    He also dumps it on 3rd and long all of the time and it almost never works.
    And the 70 some percent pass completion means nothing when he's only gaining 2 yards every play.
    I will agree that the passing percentage doesn't tell the true story.
    The OC/HC need to get their acts together.
    It was no secret that the Lions secondary is suspect, yet the only long ball that I can recall is the INT where BJ was hit while tossing the ball.
    I don't think BJ is the best QB in the league, but I do think, given our options at this time he is the best option at QB.
    Bollinger is a fucking joke (relatively better than McMahon or O'Sullivan), but not someone you want leading the team at this point in time.
    Many of us are excited to see Tarvaris in action at some point so we can see if he will be a hero or a chump, at this point we don't know.

The bottom-line is that with all the changes in the Vikings squad this year it is expected that you'll see the pendulum swing to and fro as far at the team's production goes.
    Hopefully the team will become consistently solid later in the season.
    If not this season it will in the near future.
    There is at least hope when the coaching staff has an IQ in the triple digits, more than we could say during the Meathead era.

My question remains the same.
    Do you think there's a professional coach in the league, with the possible exceptions of Tice and Haslett, that don't realize the Vikings' O needs to improve?
    Any semi-conscious person can see this.
    The coaching staff will be addressing this issue and they have over a hundred years of combined coaching experience compared to most people that think they're experts because they played for a few years and have been a fan for a few decades.
    They will get it sorted out.

BTW, they fucking won.
    It was ugly in some aspects and beautiful in others.

tampaviking is offline Rookie

IF they we're 0-5 i would think about starting the rook like the titans and cards. but this team definently has a chance to makle the playoffs. it's a boring offense but it works for the most part

Page 1 of 15 123 11 ... LastLast