Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

get ready for next season and forget about moss

sdvikefan.

First off don't ever call me buddy. Anyone who knows me will never call me buddy because it annoys the hell out of me.

I see what you are saying though. THe moss talk is not going to die down but people need to start forgetting about the past and start thinking about the future.

btw

Thanks for the critiques.
    need some help from other people to give me ideas. I am an aspiring sportswriter.

sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

PPE,

Hey man didn't mean to annoy you. But since I don't know you, I never would have known about the buddy thing. Won't happen again though.

Good luck with your career. We need sensible sports writers. And we need sports writers that don't have it in for the Vikings!
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

I wsa just reading my post and realized how snappy I sounded. Sorry about that.

sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

No problem, don't worry about it man! It's hard to sound like you want to on a message board!
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Just because moss is gone and our offense is worse doesn't mean that sudden;y our defense will become one of the best in the league.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

Re: get ready for next season and forget about moss

"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    OK viking fans.
    Moss is gone and we are all going to have to deal with it. Now that moss is gone, we can look forward to having possibly one of the best defensive teams in the NFL. Everyone needs to think of the possibilitites.

I think our offense will be OK next year. We will have culpepper throwing mostly to Burleson who I think will have a breakout season ast the first reciever. Behind him we dont have much but have the possibility of getting Mason or Muhsin if we can put up the money. We will also have Jim Kleinsasser and Mike Rosenthal back from injuries which will make our blocking game twice as good giving culpepper more time to throw. I am hoping to have Wiggins back also who has proved that he is a reliable player to throw to on 3rd down.

As far as our defense goes, I can see us being very good next year. I think if we can grab a FA like Bell and pick Johnson in the draft we can switch to a 3-4. That way Our front seven will most likely be The Animal, Udeze (breakout year), Mixon, Bell/EJ, Napoleon, Johnson, Claiborne. That is a good front 7.

In the defensive secondary we will have a healthy Antoine Winfield as well as Brian Williams. I am hoping that with the 18th pick we select Antrel Rolle. That makes our DB's Very good. Tice has already said he would like to take a quality FA safety and anything is better than Russell. That would give us one of the best defensive backfileds in the NFL.

Special teams needs some work. We will have to pick up Feely who we are showing some major interest in and has proven that he is a solid kicker in the past. If we can pick him up then he can do kickoffs and field goals. I think Bennett will be back because he deserves antother shot at being a quality punter. Raonall smith is a beast on special teams and will help our coverage after his injury.

Our running backs are now going to have to show if they have what it takes to play without Moss in the lineup. I say we start Mewelde Moore at the start of the season and see how he does. If he doesn't play the way he is capable of then we should alternate between Onterrio and Bennett until one of them shows signs of being a better player.

Overall we look like a quality team that should be ready for '05,'06 and I am hyped to see our first SB under a GOOD D.
    I never said that. I said if we could pick up a good FA then we could be one of the best D's in the league.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12