Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Get over the lost, Lets look at next week

"NordicNed" wrote:

Can you say we lose again?......

I think this is the perfect set up Where we do just that......

Coming off a game we should have and could have won....Going against another team, on the road, who on paper we should beat......

But here's the bomb, we have GB at home the following week....

I"ve seen this a million times before....

We will lose this game also I bet, just because of the fact, we will be caught thinking and looking ahead to the GB game, and not taking care of buisness as needed..

WHAMO,
    mark my words....

If so I'll blame it on you Ned.

You need to find the right game day food for this season, and find it quick.

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

El Vikingo is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Get over the loss, Lets look at next week

Well ,Tuesday morning here,almost recovered for the Sunday disaster.I hope Chilly put emphasis on the OL this week and have a talk with Tarvaris on how not to carry a team,The Chiefs are a bad team,we should take this one but who knows after The Lions performance. We have to improve a lot in few days,this is a critical game for us,Vamos Vikingos!
    El underdog.

Maizen is offline Training Camp

WHAT ??? The Vikes lost last week...to the Lions?
    Now I have to say to everyone that Barry came outta retirement and that they were caught off-guard.
    Yeah that's the ticket.
    It's okay, 13-2 over the last 15 games is okay, it had to happen sometimes and we'll show them what's what at the Dome.
    I think the Chiefs could be dangerous for us this week since they haven't won yet and they are going to be hungry.
    I do think we will win this game considering how well we know them and their only strength is Johnson and we own against the run.
    Arrowhead is a tough place to play, but I think the fans there are quite intelligent and know they aren't a powerhouse, so, it should be easier to quiet them down with a long drawn out opening drive against their sup-par defense.
    Vikings 16, Chiefs 7

()__))_C_R_A_Y_O_L_A__))>
    HTML for Yoopers!

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Maizen" wrote:
    WHAT ??? The Vikes lost last week...to the Lions?
    Now I have to say to everyone that Barry came outta retirement and that they were caught off-guard.
    Yeah that's the ticket.
    It's okay, 13-2 over the last 15 games is okay, it had to happen sometimes and we'll show them what's what at the Dome.
    I think the Chiefs could be dangerous for us this week since they haven't won yet and they are going to be hungry.
    I do think we will win this game considering how well we know them and their only strength is Johnson and we own against the run.
    Arrowhead is a tough place to play, but I think the fans there are quite intelligent and know they aren't a powerhouse, so, it should be easier to quiet them down with a long drawn out opening drive against their sup-par defense.
    Vikings 16, Chiefs 7

??? Exactly how is it we know them so well?

We've only played them twice in the last 10 years (2003 & 1999). None our coaching staff was here then, hell they weren't even here 2 years ago & there is just a few players left on this team, if not just Birk, who faced them back on 2003.

Granted, we held scrimmages with them during training camp, but those are nothing more than glorified practices & the teams don't reveal anything to each other & keep things very vannila.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

You can bet the Chiefs are putting miricle grow on that field to get that grass as tall as they can to slow us down. That's OK, cause we are going back to a run first mentality and we should keep that type of play all season. We should xcome out of a hostile Arrowhead with a Victory.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"PurpleTide" wrote:

You can bet the Chiefs are putting miricle grow on that field to get that grass as tall as they can to slow us down.
    That's OK, cause we are going back to a run first mentality and we should keep that type of play all season. We should xcome out of a hostile Arrowhead with a Victory.

Or they'll water it down just prior to the game ala the Packers.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

vikingivan is offline Star Spokesman

"El" wrote:
    Well ,Tuesday morning here,almost recovered for the Sunday disaster.I hope Chilly put emphasis on the OL this week and have a talk with Tarvaris on how not to carry a team,The Chiefs are a bad team,we should take this one but who knows after The Lions performance. We have to improve a lot in few days,this is a critical game for us,Vamos Vikingos!
    The question is where are our points going to come from?
    The Chiefs are have a tougher defense than either the Falcons or the Lions.
    We cannot count on our defense to score touchdowns every week.
    Although, it would be nice.
    The only chance we have of winning this game is if we can take care of the ball.
    Win the turnover battle and we have a chance.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"NordicNed" wrote:

Coming off a game we should have and could have won....Going against another team, on the road, who on paper we should beat......

We will lose this game also I bet, just because of the fact, we will be caught thinking and looking ahead to the GB game, and not taking care of buisness as needed..

WHAMO,
    mark my words....

Ned my friend, I don't normally disgree with you but I gotta on this one.

I might be giving the Chiller and his coaching staff to much credit, but I don't think they are looking ahead to the PUKERS at all.

I for one believe they are gameplanning for the Chiefs and only the Chiefs.
    If they aren't then they sure the hell are teaching the young kids the wrong way.

If we loose to the Chiefs like you think then it will be because the better team one and not because the staff was selling them short.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

vikingivan is offline Star Spokesman

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "NordicNed" wrote:

WHAMO,
    mark my words....

I might be giving the Chiller and his coaching staff to much credit, but I don't think they are looking ahead to the PUKERS at all.

If they aren't then they sure the hell are teaching the young kids the wrong way.

If we loose to the Chiefs like you think then it will be because the better team one and not because the staff was selling them short.
    Caught looking ahead to the Packers game.
    That was funny.
    Like we can afford to overlook any opponent.

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "NordicNed" wrote:

WHAMO,
    mark my words....

Marr,

Believe me when I say, I wish we could win every game, but we all know that won't happen.
    It's not so much the coaches looking ahead as it is the players themselves.....This has been something common in the world of sports, when you have your biggest rivalry in the wings....

Plus this, Vikings haven't been a very strong road team in years, this is a monkey they truly need to get off their backs..

Chiefs have a history of being one of the best home teams in the league.....They just seem to play their best at home.

Chiefs will pull every thing out of the bag that they can to avoid going down to 0-3 record...

Can we win, sure we can, but it will take a strong and mistake free effort.......Something I'm not sure we are capable of doing right now...

I believe we go into our bye week 2-2,
    we lose to the Cheifs, but take GB at home.....

Cogitans,
    I'll be cooking up a feast to the Vikings Gods, hopefully this will give us that extra edge we are going to need....

;D

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast