josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

Get aquainted with Steve Loney

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=knight-_WWW_SPRT_12240351&prov=knight&type=lgns

It's a good article about our new offensive coordinator. Here's some of the highlights:

Loney isn't the kind of coach who would play the Moss card. He's the type who would stab a finger into his chest and say he should be blamed if the offense goes sour. And if things go well, he will spread the accolades.

"I have always contended that it's amazing how much can be accomplished if no one cares who gets the credit,' Loney said. "I think coaches' egos sometimes can get in the way of things, and they want to be put up on some type of pedestal.'

"It's always kind of funny that people say a quarterback coach can know about the running game and the passing game, but a line coach knows only the running game,' Loney said. "Just because he's a line coach, you can't make the assumption he likes only running.'

In other words, Loney plans to have Daunte Culpepper flinging the ball. A lot.

"They say you can't play a perfect game, but we can be perfect up until the snap of the ball,' he said. "You can have people in the right place. You can have people who don't jump offside. You can have people who have the right splits, the snap count, all that stuff. Right until the snap of the ball, a team can be perfect. And so we're going to strive for that.'

magicci is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Get aquainted with Steve Loney

Loney a man a dad a coach....america live the dream.

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

Loney: an offensive line coach, nothing more and nothing less. Tice will be calling the shots very early in the season to protect his azz.

audioghost is offline Star Spokesman

"mnjamie" wrote:
    Loney: an offensive line coach, nothing more and nothing less. Tice will be calling the shots very early in the season to protect his azz.

Both are idiots when it comes to calling plays....lets hope and pray that I am wrong....b-cuz I think Loney will f*** it all up! We should have went out and got an offensive mind to coach the team....not an offensive line coach!

A.G s HOTTEST NEW RAP CD: AUDIO GHOST & MAIN EVENT drop THE SEED: I made tha beats www.myspace.com/audioghost2006

Justin311 is offline Rookie

What was Brian Billick before he was the O-Coordinator?

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

"Justin311" wrote:
    A Genius ... that should be our head coach right now.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

I'm not ready to throw in the towel on Loney just yet...hells bells, we haven't seen him DO anything yet.

Keep in miond, that all of the successful coaches in the NFL were all unknowms once. Someone took a chance on them and VIOLA!!! Tice is taking a chance on Loney. He's never fielded a bad offense yet, so I'm willing to give them both the benefit of the doubt.

Caine

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"mnjamie" wrote:
    "Justin311" wrote:
    A Genius ... that should be our head coach right now.
    You obviously don't remember how horrible Billick was when he first became the OC...he sucked big time!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"Caine" wrote:
    I'm not ready to throw in the towel on Loney just yet...hells bells, we haven't seen him DO anything yet.

Keep in miond, that all of the successful coaches in the NFL were all unknowms once. Someone took a chance on them and VIOLA!!! Tice is taking a chance on Loney. He's never fielded a bad offense yet, so I'm willing to give them both the benefit of the doubt.

Caine
    You talking about Frank VIOLA??? :lol:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"audioghost" wrote:
    "mnjamie" wrote:

Both are idiots when it comes to calling plays....lets hope and pray that I am wrong....b-cuz I think Loney will f*** it all up! We should have went out and got an offensive mind to coach the team....not an offensive line coach!
    You might be able to say Tice sucks (although I disagree with you), cuz hes been coach and you've had time to build that opinion, but you can't say that about Loney! The guy hasn't even had a full day of training camp as OC! Who knows? Maybe Loney will be very good!

Also, what they said about coaches having egos, the first guy that popped into my head was "Mike Martz"