Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    baumy300 is offline Star Spokesman

Gentlemen, it's here

As of tonight, come 7 o'clock PM, nothing in my life will matter.

The fact I have to get up and go to work at a job I loathe at 5 AM tomorrow - Gone

The worry that I still have to register for the classes that will hinder me for the next 5 months - Gone

The fact I have an overwhelming amount of debt - Gone

The big loan I am going to need to take out to purchase school books - Gone.

It is all because come tonight not only myself, but all of us will have the pleasure of watching our new (and improved) Minnesota Vikings team take the field.

Champagne will fall from the Heavens, Clouds will rain down diamonds and gold, God himself will cry tears of happiness. All will be right with the world.

It is here boys. It may only be pre-season to some, but regardless of that - It is back.

It will be a pleasure watching the same game as the rest of you tonight. Let the 3 hour slip into peace arrive fast and leave slow.

SKOL!

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

Re: Gentlemen, it's here

"baumy300" wrote:

The fact I have to get up and go to work at a job I loathe at 5 AM tomorrow - Gone

The worry that I still have to register for the classes that will hinder me for the next 5 months - Gone

It is all because come tonight not only myself, but all of us will have the pleasure of watching our new (and improved) Minnesota Vikings team take the field.

Champagne will fall from the Heavens, Clouds will rain down diamonds and gold, God himself will cry tears of happiness. All will be right with the world.

It is here boys. It may only be pre-season to some, but regardless of that - It is back.

It will be a pleasure watching the same game as the rest of you tonight. Let the 3 hour slip into peace arrive fast and leave slow.

SKOL!
    Cheers!

*raises beer to mouth and takes long drink.

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

As long as no one gets injured, then I agree with what you're saying. I just hate the useless preseason so much. The NFL makes money by giving us horrible games that barely resemble the actual NFL season. It's somewhat fun to check out what the backups are doing but not THAT fun. In a way the NFL is feeding our addiction to football by giving us the game in small, not too potent doses. Do you seriously want to see Brooks Bollinger hitting Martin Nance in stride? Boring. That's why, as much as I hate the preseason, I will still end up watching all 4 of our games this year.

Krumb is offline Pro-Bowler

"baumy300" wrote:

SKOL!

Poetry , pure poetry.

"baumy300" wrote:

SKOL!
    Hell ya!!!
    I've been smoking ribs all day for this.
    In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress.- John Adams

baumy300 is offline Star Spokesman

Glad to see you're all as excited as I am! It's a great day boys, I can feel it.

And PPE, I definitely, definitely know what you're saying. It isn't the pre-season game as much as it is just seeing Purple back on the field. I'm sure the initial excitement will wear off, but as of now I am about as happy as I remember being in the last few months.

derek is offline Waterboy

aaawROOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

blow the horn baby cause our purple crew is about to set sail!!

i'm a lifelong Vikings fan whos born & raised on the east coast, but bleeding deep purple till the end.
    Here in Richmond Va these days. one day i hope to get to the purple homeland and actually see a game in the dome...what a day that'll be, but for now I thank goodness for the NFL NETWORK and SUNDAY TICKET!!
    it allows far away fans like me to see each and every game of my boys even preseason. without it I'd be stuck watching ALL Redskins games all the time....ugh!!

so yes it's here again at last...I wont get to see tonight's game live, but come 11:30 eastern time i'll be plopped in front of the tube, with some sort of purple clothing on, drink in hand, eager to see the starters get-on and get-off SAFELY with a decent level of offensive ball movement satisfaction and defensive passrush/runstuffin chaos causing... and then, believe it or not i am looking forward to spending the rest of the time looking & evaluating the other guys trying to make the team to see who might become standouts in the future...

its here folks, its here again...

aaaaawrrOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Lucky me, some random cable channel is airing the game live at 8:00.
    No waiting for 11:30 .
    Couldn't be happier.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: aaawROOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

"derek" wrote:
    blow the horn baby cause our purple crew is about to set sail!!

i'm a lifelong Vikings fan whos born & raised on the east coast, but bleeding deep purple till the end.
    Here in Richmond Va these days. one day i hope to get to the purple homeland and actually see a game in the dome...what a day that'll be, but for now I thank goodness for the NFL NETWORK and SUNDAY TICKET!!
    it allows far away fans like me to see each and every game of my boys even preseason. without it I'd be stuck watching ALL Redskins games all the time....ugh!!

so yes it's here again at last...I wont get to see tonight's game live, but come 11:30 eastern time i'll be plopped in front of the tube, with some sort of purple clothing on, drink in hand, eager to see the starters get-on and get-off SAFELY with a decent level of offensive ball movement satisfaction and defensive passrush/runstuffin chaos causing... and then, believe it or not i am looking forward to spending the rest of the time looking & evaluating the other guys trying to make the team to see who might become standouts in the future...

its here folks, its here again...

aaaaawrrOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Hey neighbor.....Newport News on this end.
    You going up for the Ravens/Vikes Pre-season viesta?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"Krumb" wrote:
    "baumy300" wrote:

SKOL!

Poetry , pure poetry.
    ^^^^^^^What he said Baumy^^^^^^^^^ ;D
    Excellent post my friend.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast