Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 30

Thread: Garrett Mills

  1. #1
    VikesFan787's Avatar
    VikesFan787 is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Erie, PA
    Posts
    888

    Garrett Mills

    I saw on NFL play-by-play he had a couple receptions, Did he look good out there?
    814


  2. #2
    skum's Avatar
    skum is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Posts
    2,884
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Garrett Mills

    He looked better than Shiancoe had done all year..


    ----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

  3. #3
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Garrett Mills

    It's probably not saying much but he looked the the best pass catching TE we had on the team. I would like to see him get more reps next year to see if he can become what our current one hasn't.

  4. #4
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,468

    Re: Garrett Mills

    I thought he looked great. Can't wait to see this kid in the future. He should have been playing all year... damn Childress.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  5. #5
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,909

    Re: Garrett Mills

    "C" wrote:
    I thought he looked great. Can't wait to see this kid in the future. He should have been playing all year... gol 'darnit Childress.
    Is that what you really think?

    Gimme a break.
    He wouldn't have even seen the field this year on most teams unless like the Denver game, they wanted to get some game tape on him to see what he looked like.

    Secondly, the smaller DL that the Broncos ran out on the field allowed for the OL to hold thier blocks better/protect better allowing for the TE to actually get out into coverage.

    Of course all that will be lost on guys like you who still blame it on the coaches all the time instead of really looking at what is happening on the field.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  6. #6
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,849

    Re: Garrett Mills

    I love how this became a blame Childress thread.
    Comeon already.
    Mills did look good.
    He had a couple of catches.
    He was inactive most of the year becasue they were going with the TEs they already had with experience.
    Just like MeMo was inactive for some games throughout the year.
    You can't have every single person on the roster activated for every game so you go with your best players.
    None of us are at practice to see who shines and who doesn't.
    There is a reason this kid was highly regarded by several coaches to include Bellyfat.
    But don't sit here and say damn Childress for not playing him all year.
    Shancoe and Kleinny were the starters.
    Maybe next year Mills will have his chance to beat out one of those two players.
    But for this past year, he didn't.

  7. #7
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,468

    Re: Garrett Mills

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    I thought he looked great. Can't wait to see this kid in the future. He should have been playing all year... gol 'darnit Childress.
    Is that what you really think?

    Gimme a break.
    He wouldn't have even seen the field this year on most teams unless like the Denver game, they wanted to get some game tape on him to see what he looked like.

    Secondly, the smaller DL that the Broncos ran out on the field allowed for the OL to hold thier blocks better/protect better allowing for the TE to actually get out into coverage.

    Of course all that will be lost on guys like you who still blame it on the coaches all the time instead of really looking at what is happening on the field.
    ;D
    To see what he looked like? So they were testing players out during a MUST WIN game? Once again... I repeat... damn Childress.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  8. #8
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,909

    Re: Garrett Mills

    "C" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    I thought he looked great. Can't wait to see this kid in the future. He should have been playing all year... gol 'darnit Childress.
    Is that what you really think?

    Gimme a break.
    He wouldn't have even seen the field this year on most teams unless like the Denver game, they wanted to get some game tape on him to see what he looked like.

    Secondly, the smaller DL that the Broncos ran out on the field allowed for the OL to hold thier blocks better/protect better allowing for the TE to actually get out into coverage.

    Of course all that will be lost on guys like you who still blame it on the coaches all the time instead of really looking at what is happening on the field.
    ;D
    To see what he looked like? So they were testing players out during a MUST WIN game? Once again... I repeat... gol 'darnit Childress.
    Guess what, all teams do it.
    Do you really think that the HC is the only one who decides is on the roster every week?
    Wait, I bet you do.
    I bet you think the Chiller sits in a room all by himself, well at least with his Coord's and says, we'll play these guys?

    Seriously, you know Spielmen, the medical staff, a rep from the executive committee ect all sit in on that as well and have input don't you?

    Comeon my friend, you've been around me long enough to know I was gonna go down that path if you bit, and you did.

    Hey, as EJ said, he wouldn't even be on the team if the Chiller wouldn't have wanted to rub it in a certain Patriots HC face.

    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  9. #9
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,468

    Re: Garrett Mills

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    I thought he looked great. Can't wait to see this kid in the future. He should have been playing all year... gol 'darnit Childress.
    Is that what you really think?

    Gimme a break.
    He wouldn't have even seen the field this year on most teams unless like the Denver game, they wanted to get some game tape on him to see what he looked like.

    Secondly, the smaller DL that the Broncos ran out on the field allowed for the OL to hold thier blocks better/protect better allowing for the TE to actually get out into coverage.

    Of course all that will be lost on guys like you who still blame it on the coaches all the time instead of really looking at what is happening on the field.
    ;D
    To see what he looked like? So they were testing players out during a MUST WIN game? Once again... I repeat... gol 'darnit Childress.
    Guess what, all teams do it.
    Do you really think that the HC is the only one who decides is on the roster every week?
    Wait, I bet you do.
    I bet you think the Chiller sits in a room all by himself, well at least with his Coord's and says, we'll play these guys?

    Seriously, you know Spielmen, the medical staff, a rep from the executive committee ect all sit in on that as well and have input don't you?

    Comeon my friend, you've been around me long enough to know I was gonna go down that path if you bit, and you did.

    Hey, as EJ said, he wouldn't even be on the team if the Chiller wouldn't have wanted to rub it in a certain Patriots HC face.

    No, he doesn't do it by himself... but as head-coach of this football team, the final say for who is on the field comes down to him. I'm glad he put Garret out there... where was he the rest of the season? Shaincoe?! Seriously?

    Things Chilly DOES do by himself:

    1.) Watch little children play in the park.
    2.) Avoids "To Catch A Predator" the best he can.
    3.) Watches reruns of "Boy Meets World" just a bit too much.
    3.) Paint "Free Candy" on the side of his Van:
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  10. #10
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Garrett Mills

    "ejmat" wrote:
    I love how this became a blame Childress thread. Comeon already.
    Mills did look good.
    He had a couple of catches.
    He was inactive most of the year becasue they were going with the TEs they already had with experience.
    Just like MeMo was inactive for some games throughout the year.
    You can't have every single person on the roster activated for every game so you go with your best players.
    None of us are at practice to see who shines and who doesn't.
    There is a reason this kid was highly regarded by several coaches to include Bellyfat.
    But don't sit here and say gol 'darnit Childress for not playing him all year.
    Shancoe and Kleinny were the starters.
    Maybe next year Mills will have his chance to beat out one of those two players.
    But for this past year, he didn't.
    Every thread that C Mac posts in becomes a blame Childress thread...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Patriots bring back TE Garrett Mills,
    By singersp in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-22-2011, 09:47 PM
  2. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 09-18-2008, 09:02 AM
  3. Catching up with Garrett Mills
    By COJOMAY in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 01-12-2008, 10:37 AM
  4. Garrett Mills
    By Purple D in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-31-2007, 02:03 PM
  5. Welcome to MN: Garrett Mills
    By Garland Greene in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 09-04-2007, 08:18 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •