Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Del Rio Guest

Re: Garbage to get rid of next year

If you say Chavous doesn't have a nose for the ball you are off your rocker. Look at his stats, look where he is in terms of tackles on the team. Go back 4 years, have a hay day.

I would get rid of Cottrell. That's the only thing that I could say with 100% confidence it would make the team better.

You saying Withrow isn't strong enough, Chavous this chavous that......that's your opinion, thats great. Logically, statistically you have nothing hard to stand on.

Personally I think talking about people to cut after fucking 4 games is just about as stupid as it gets. I'm guessing the foundation of this all came from advanced knowledge that was come about by playing hours of Madden football.

JDogg926 is offline Star Spokesman

Chavous is consistenly a borderline pro-bowler, which is definitely the type of player I want in my secondary.
    542cbf305f333b0554e8ffa937f852d6

modena11 is offline Rookie

chavous' pro bowl season is definitely in the past. alot of his int's that probowl year either came in garbage time or in teh endzone when he had the backline helping him out.

sure he gets tackles. thats because our run d has been pathetic and hes been the last line of defence. but in all fairness he did have a great year.

im not saying he should go, i've always liked chavous but he's a leader out there. he has to start stepping it up and producing bigger plays. willie offord did more in his time playing this season than chavous has all season. offord, if he can come back to form for next season (if chavous doesnt shape up) offord will/should start.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

I'll be bringing the garbage out tomorrow morning. By the time I get back from school it should be gone!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

I've always believed,
    Corey is a true Guru of the game.......and thats a good thing..

When he's healthy and strong, he is one of the tops at what he does.....

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

Del Rio Guest

I would buy the excuse that a lot of his tackles come 20 yards down the field but it is simply not true. It is very common for him to be at the line making a stop.

That is what cracked me up about this offseason. OH Chavous took time off of VOLUNTARY camp. Offord is better, offord will steal his job? Who started? Who beat who out? Who is on pace to have his fourth 80+ tackle season in a row for the Minnesota Vikings?

I have a special treat for all the Chavous haters that I am working on, a little clip of joy that I have been cutting out from the games. Don't worry I have his bad plays in there too. After this bad boy goes live, if you can honestly still sit there and say the guy can't hit, the guy doesn't have a nose for the ball I can only call you crazy.

I have video of him jumping a run, the RB cutting back around and him making the tackle on the other side of the field. I have some hard hits, some nice defended passes, him breaking down and making a hit before the LB who is standing RIGHT THERE!! It's all there, throw me in some music and I'll be set. I'll leave the Chavous hate conversations until then. People have a nasty habit of not posting anymore though when the shit hits the fan.

Stupid people getting del rio heated!! You'll pay for that!! lol

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

I can say that i don't hink We should be quick to let anyone go. All of the players are poorly coached! Just look at Hovan, under great coaching he been playing like a superstar. If we get a staff in here that has great football knowledge then maybe we'll get this thing turned around. We have superior talent on both sides of the ball!
    6949da5ce3db19514b6088f4f00ffabd

"arialassault84" wrote:
    I can say that i don't hink We should be quick to let anyone go. All of the players are poorly coached! Just look at Hovan, under great coaching he been playing like a superstar. If we get a staff in here that has great football knowledge then maybe we'll get this thing turned around. We have superior talent on both sides of the ball!

Hovan, playing like a superstar, are you sure? I think that may be taking it a little extreme, or does he have ungodly stats after five games? I guess I don't know.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"josdin00" wrote:
    "NeoVikesTX" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    So this is what it's come down to?

1st we have have numerous threads on losing, then threads on getting rid of Bennett, then numerous threads on getting rid of Tice & Co., then threads on getting rid or benching Culpepper & now threads of who we should axe! People just won't quit until they have no one left on the team to blame. I'm suprised there hasn't been blame thrown on Ragnar yet.

Doesn't anyone have anything positive to say about are team?

Count me out of this thread!
    Thanks for reminding me:

Ragnar has to go.

So do these guys:
    1. Crew that paints the field...gone.
    2. Guy who plugs in the little cart that comes out to retrieve injured players...gone.
    3. Personnel who fill the gatorade jugs...gone.
    4. Tice's secretary...gone. (gotta blame her, or him, for something)
    5. The folks who try and give you a free shirt for filling out a credit card application...gone.

Your right sing...to many threads about who to blame, trade, or fire. You'll notice that some members only feel comfortable only talking about this stuff.
    LOL, don't forget about the guy who holds the first down stick. I've been calling for that guys head for years, he sucks!
    I'll tell you one guy that needs to stay: the guy that paints the yellow line on the field. He works his butt off. Every play he has to clean up one paint job, and paint the new line. Whatever they pay him, it's not enough.

Semi-seroiusly though, who here wants the next Bud Light "real men of genius" commercial to be a toast to "Mr. Yellow-First-Down-Line-Graphic-Operator"? I can hear it now.
    "Bud Light presents Real Men of Genius." (Lead Singer: "Real men of genius".) "Today, we salute you, Mr. Yellow First Down Line Graphic Operator." (LS: "Mr. Yellow First Down Line Graphic Operator".) "With millions of people watching, you not only lay it on the line, you are the line." (LS: "Ohh! The Liii-iiine") "You took a color that once only meant something went wrong, and used it to let people what it takes to make something go oh so right." (Backup Singers: "That's a first down") "So crack open an ice cold Bud Light, because while the teams say they have to control the line of scrimmage, the first down line is all yours. (LS: "Mr. Yellow First Down Line Graphic Operator....")

Okay. I have too much time on my hands.
    You HAD to know it was coming! (Pun intended) :lol:

Too Much Time On My Hands - Styx

Sitting at my 'puter, posting like ol' Cooter
    Got the one-and-three Vikes blues
    And I've given up hope on the head coaching dope
    Where's my bottle of cold brew?
    Is it any wonder I'm not crazy? Is it any wonder I'm sane at all
    Well I'm so tired of losing- I got nothing to do and all Sunday to do it
    I go on the Net , go to purplepride.org and all week to post there
    Is it any wonder I'm not a criminal?
    Is it any wonder I'm not in jail?