singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Gannon impressed by Vikings QBs after working with them a bit

[size=13pt]Vikings: Gannon impressed by QBs after working with them a bit[/size]

By Kevin Seifert, Star Tribune

Last update: June 08, 2007 – 9:29 PM

Retired quarterback Rich Gannon left the Winter Park practice field Friday with a handful of notes and a generally positive review of the Vikings' situation behind center........

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Re: Gannon impressed by Vikings QBs after working with them a bit

• Defensive end Ray Edwards got into a tussle during Friday's workout with left guard Steve Hutchinson and center Matt Birk. Childress helped separate the combatants, but he nearly took a tumble himself when Edwards lunged one last time at Hutchinson.

"A lesser athlete would have got knocked off his feet," Childress said with a laugh.
    lmao...gotta love childress...
    "God has blessed me tremendously. I'd be a fool to complain."
    "From what I understand, the coaches will put the best 11 on the field."
    -Tyrell Johnson

The Dropper is offline Star Spokesman

"vikes_4_life_42" wrote:
    • Defensive end Ray Edwards got into a tussle during Friday's workout with left guard Steve Hutchinson and center Matt Birk. Childress helped separate the combatants, but he nearly took a tumble himself when Edwards lunged one last time at Hutchinson.

"A lesser athlete would have got knocked off his feet," Childress said with a laugh.
    I was going to quote the same thing. Not sure what to think about that. Hopefully all is resolved. I do like the competitiveness, but not so sure that it's productive in this case.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"The" wrote:
    "vikes_4_life_42" wrote:

I was going to quote the same thing. Not sure what to think about that. Hopefully all is resolved. I do like the competitiveness, but not so sure that it's productive in this case.
    That comment came well after the tussle happened in the morning OTA's. In the afternoon when they were building the playground is when he said it;

[size=13pt]Update from Judd’s assistant[/size]

Friday, June 8th, 2007
    by Kevin Seifert

As promised, Vikings employees — including front office staff, executives, scouts, coaches and players — wrapped up construction of the playground this afternoon. The star of the show was director of college scouting Scott Studwell, who was throwing mulch and cement all over the place during the time I was watching.

Afterwards, Childress said he is pleased with the team’s progress through the offseason.

“[I see] a lot of progress,” Childress said, ”a lot of great effort, a lot of great competition, just kind of setting the table as we go to camp. You’ve got a lot of willing participants there. It is the offseason, but the participation is excellent. You couldn’t ask for much more so far.”

We writers had a witty little by-play with Chilldog today. First, a little background:

During practice this morning, DE Ray Edwards got into a little tussle with LG Steve Hutchinson and C Matt Birk. Childress stepped in the middle and helped separate the combatants, but the pushing and shoving continued. Edwards lunged at Hutchinson, inadvertantly knocking Childress in the back and nearly onto the ground.

So this afternoon, AP reporter Dave Campbell asked Childress if he had kept up with Studwell during the playground construction.

“We worked on the two-minute [drill] back at the complex,” Childress said. “We were moving pretty fast down there [at practice], too. Mostly the players.”

To which we replied: You were moving pretty fast, yourself.

Childress caught on.

“You know what?” he said. “A lesser athlete would have got knocked off his feet.”

Indeed.

Have a great weekend, everyone.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Freya is offline Team Alumni

Ahhhhh, unity on the O-line.

Personally, I don't think there is intelligent life on other planets. Why should other planets be any different from this one?

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Retired quarterback Rich Gannon left the Winter Park practice field Friday with a handful of notes...
    ...on what they needed to do to play in the NFL!
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Those types of "incidents" happen all the time during practices and scrims.
    I wouldn't worry about it much.

I thought this little nugget was interesting:

The Vikings have had contract discussions with defensive tackle Pat Williams but no deal appears imminent. Childress said he remains hopeful a deal can be reached.
    "Pat knows how I feel about him," Childress said.
    I for one sure hope they get a deal done, however, if they don't the "Anti-Chiller" guys will be coming out of the woodwork say how B-chill got rid of Phat Pat when in reality it will be a organization/Agent/Phat Pat decision and not just the HC.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Marrdro" wrote:
    Those types of "incidents" happen all the time during practices and scrims.
    I wouldn't worry about it much.

I thought this little nugget was interesting:

The Vikings have had contract discussions with defensive tackle Pat Williams but no deal appears imminent. Childress said he remains hopeful a deal can be reached.
    "Pat knows how I feel about him," Childress said.
    I for one sure hope they get a deal done, however, if they don't the "Anti-Chiller" guys will be coming out of the woodwork say how B-chill got rid of Phat Pat when in reality it will be a organization/Agent/Phat Pat decision and not just the HC.
    As long as chiller gets things done during the games it doesn't matter whether they have turnover. Winning cures everything. If the team lets vets go and then goes on to lose over and over, then it will be hard for the fans to be happy about it.