Kleinsasser40 is offline Coordinator

Games Goes to the Defense

For the first time in a long time, I am going to have to give this game to the (are you ready for this?) DEFENSE! Our offense did not do al ltaht much in the points category against the Titans. If we would ahve only scored 20 points in any other game, we would have lost. I am pretty sure though, that Tice told the D that this one was not going to bewon by an explosive minnesota offense, due to Randy's limiting injury. THey knew they had to step up, and they did.

Antoine is turning out to be one helluva pick-up. That INT sparked huge defensive plays. I was glad to see that he got the game ball too, he deserves it! The defense is waking up. They know that they cannot jsut rely on the offense to win games. They know what it's like to put up a big game, hopefully they wil do it a lot more.
    [img:2264cdc124]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v482/ultravikingfan/vikesklein.jpg[/img:2264cdc124]

hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

Hopefully they'll produce more games like these. Your right, we cant expect our offense to win a shootout all the time. Granted it was a good performance and for once we didnt let a backup qb look like a joe montana.

I think we need to see more defensive production against good offensive teams before i consider our d to be good, or at least average.
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a

I wonder how much of their performance came from the fact that Moss was out and the O wasnt putting up monster numbers. Maybe they felt a sense of urgency since Moss wasnt in there and thought they had to step it up. Yesterday was what I expected from our defense from the beginning of the year...maybe not that many ints, but a nice, solid effort. If we play defense like that and have Moss healthy, we have a shot at the Superbowl.

Sig Created by MinnesotaFury

5th ranked Rush D for us now guys!!

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

It think when Tice said earlier in the week, that this would be a good time to run with Moss hampered by an injury, that may have sent the message to the D that they were going to have to play better.

Winfield = Awesome on Sunday.
    B.Williams almost had that pick, I think it was him back there.
    Roanell awesome play and INT
    Hovan fumble recover.
    Williams with the fprced fumble.
    Shaw even broke up some plays or laid a lick on someone I cant remember what it was exactly but I know it was him that impressed me.

Where was Chavous?

GO Defense.

That being said, I would have liked to see more points last night. I also would havelike to see the O line play better. McKinney was getting schooled by the scrawney no name lineman. The TV crew pointed it out once and after that the guy sacked DC once atleast and forced him out of the pocket a couple of times.

Yes the D had a more consistant game all the way around than the O. We even had to PUNT. I had to look that word up in the dictionary when the anouncers said it. I had forgotten what that word meant.

Wasnt Kevin Carter on Nat? If it was him, he is not bad at all. Our D played awesome IMO, and Shaw got a pick too. I honestly dont mind our performance on offense yesterday - it wasnt spectacular as usual, but very effecient and smart. We had no turnovers, and when you do that, it is a lot easier to win. Im happy with the W, but we need Moss back on O.

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

The D had a good game yesterday and showed what they are capable of. The injury to McNair hampered the Titans but then again his loss was due to good pressure by by the DL with Williams again having a good game and getting in everyones faces.
    Raonall Smith played well and showed why, when he is healthy, the Vikes drafted him - been a long time coming for him but pleased it has. EJ was back at MLB and the D was much better for it, here's hoping he stays injury free for the rest of the season.
    Secondary stuck to their task and a good INT by Winfield when we needed a little boost to keep things ticking along.
    In all a good day at the office by the D and restricting a team to only 3 points has to be classed as a good performance.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

Kleinsasser40 is offline Coordinator

I thought that was brian russell that almost picked it off? Not williams.
    [img:2264cdc124]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v482/ultravikingfan/vikesklein.jpg[/img:2264cdc124]

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

After week 1, when everyone was on here saying our D is absolutely horrible again, I said to wait and see how good they are in weeks 8 and after, that is the real measuring stick, for our D, with all the young guys, new starters, and new D scheme.

It is starting to shape up, but still has areas to get better at, which will come with more time. Cottrell is starting to figure out what we can and can't do, and figure out what blitzes to run and how often to run them.

It was clearly obvious that we have plenty of talent on this D, to be a top 15 or so D, it is just a matter of time before they start playing together.

This D, will be the reason why we don't go down the toilet at the end of this year, like we did last year. Last year our D played its best to start the year and slowly got worse, this year we will get better and better as the year goes on.