Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 40 of 40
  1. #31
    x-ray jeff's Avatar
    x-ray jeff is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    812

    Re: Gameball week 3 vs Panthers

    "Overlord" wrote:
    "Mr-holland" wrote:
    I got Winfield. You go 10-10 into the locker room. He turned the game around.
    game changer
    It's probably an overstatement, but I felt like that play turned the season around.
    Our team looked pretty dead for two+ games.
    After that play it was like a light got turned on for our defense.
    Just the attitude of the guys on the sideline seemed to change instantly.
    I voted for EJ. But the play by Winfield really changed the noise level in the the dome for the rest of the game. It was rocking after that.

  2. #32
    Mark_The_Viking is offline Asst. Coach
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Portsmouth UK
    Posts
    655

    Re: Gameball week 3 vs Panthers

    "x-ray" wrote:
    "Overlord" wrote:
    "Mr-holland" wrote:
    I got Winfield. You go 10-10 into the locker room. He turned the game around.
    game changer
    It's probably an overstatement, but I felt like that play turned the season around.
    Our team looked pretty dead for two+ games.
    After that play it was like a light got turned on for our defense.
    Just the attitude of the guys on the sideline seemed to change instantly.
    I voted for EJ. But the play by Winfield really changed the noise level in the the dome for the rest of the game. It was rocking after that.
    I did the same, reason for EJ 11 solo tackles and commanded the D, AW 1 great play. and boy have enjoyed watching that play over and over and over and...... (my daughter is a Panthers fan)
    Purple till i die

  3. #33
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,849

    Re: Gameball week 3 vs Panthers

    It's close between EJ and Winfield.
    Winfield's play turned the game around but when you look at the entire game EJ was a beast.
    EJ has turned into a great MLB and if he continues he may beat out some of those LBs for the probowl.

  4. #34
    digital420's Avatar
    digital420 is online now Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Ancient Korinthia
    Posts
    2,560

    Re: Gameball week 3 vs Panthers

    i gotta give it to the coach.. he had their O scheme'd up..

    that blitz by AW was so perfectly called. and putting the D in positions/scheme's that really allowed them to make plays.


    "We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

  5. #35
    NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    9,513

    Re: Gameball week 3 vs Panthers

    I'll sound like a borken record here, but it is what it is.
    EJ wins my player of the game award.
    He played with such a high intensity, it was just plain sick.
    Kudos out to WInfield, hell of an individual play on his part to get the sack and have the wits to pick up the ball and get the score.

    Great play by two great players....


    I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

  6. #36
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,849

    Re: Gameball week 3 vs Panthers

    "digital420" wrote:
    i gotta give it to the coach.. he had their O scheme'd up..

    that blitz by AW was so perfectly called. and putting the D in positions/scheme's that really allowed them to make plays.

    That's a great point.
    I also like the fact they came out gunning in the 1st quarter.
    It may not have been successful but by the 3rd quarter they started taking that 8th and 9th man out of the box.

  7. #37
    jargomcfargo's Avatar
    jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    4,776

    Re: Gameball week 3 vs Panthers

    "Mark_The_Viking" wrote:
    "x-ray" wrote:
    "Overlord" wrote:
    "Mr-holland" wrote:
    I got Winfield. You go 10-10 into the locker room. He turned the game around.
    game changer
    It's probably an overstatement, but I felt like that play turned the season around.
    Our team looked pretty dead for two+ games.
    After that play it was like a light got turned on for our defense.
    Just the attitude of the guys on the sideline seemed to change instantly.
    I voted for EJ. But the play by Winfield really changed the noise level in the the dome for the rest of the game. It was rocking after that.
    I did the same, reason for EJ 11 solo tackles and commanded the D, AW 1 great play. and boy have enjoyed watching that play over and over and over and...... (my daughter is a Panthers fan)
    AW also played a crucial role in holding Smith to 4 catches for 70 yards and no TD's.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

  8. #38
    El Vikingo's Avatar
    El Vikingo is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    4,358

    Re: Gameball week 3 vs Panthers

    El underdog.

  9. #39
    El Vikingo's Avatar
    El Vikingo is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    4,358

    Re: Gameball week 3 vs Panthers

    sorry my vote is for Antonio W. Kudos Antonio
    El underdog.

  10. #40
    vikingivan is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,993

    Re: Gameball week 3 vs Panthers

    "CCthebest" wrote:
    I voted Winfield. That play turned the game around
    It has to be Winfield.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Similar Threads

  1. Gameball of week 6
    By HEY in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 10-19-2009, 06:09 AM
  2. Gameball week 15 @Cardinals
    By skum in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 12-17-2008, 05:32 PM
  3. Gameball week 15 vs Bears
    By skum in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 12-18-2007, 03:30 PM
  4. Gameball week 11 vs Raiders
    By skum in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11-19-2007, 08:07 AM
  5. Gameball week 9 vs Chargers
    By skum in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-05-2007, 04:02 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •