Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    TheVike1 is offline Rookie

Re: Gameball week 17 vs Giants

holy crapoly i didn t get to o see the game but am holding out hope on a copy!?
    "It's all in God's hands" R E Lee 7/3/1863

jkjuggalo is offline Star Spokesman

I chose TJ because he proved he could lead us to a comeback victory, which many here thought was near impossible.

Sure, most of the players were backups at that point, but they are still professional football players and the pressure was just as heavy on TJ's shoulders.

I did not like the bad clock management in the last minute of the game, but that was also poor coaching decisions if you ask me.
    Rock out with your cock out!!!

DustinDupont is offline Team Alumni

"skum" wrote:
    "TheVike1" wrote:
    chilly eat crow no confidence in your kicker!
    I think the play he called was just to burn some time, it didnt look like it was the intention to complete that play, but the reciever needed to run out there in order to not get the grounding penalty on the play..
    you are correct, he just wanted to waste time. but the offense did frustrate me at the end of the game, we have no clock management

Turboe is offline Hall of Famer

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "TheVike1" wrote:
    LOL, I hardly think it had anything to do with confidence in his kicker but rather a bit of indicision on the Offensive side of the ball with respect to if they could get another play off to get it a bit closer.

I for one was very upset over all the time that ticked away, and how confused the team was, but in no way was I upset over the attempt to catch the Giants with thier shorts down and get it a bit closer.

Clearly TJ had only one target and he was to only attempt the throw if he was wide open.
    If he wasn't he was to throw it away.

Again, hack on him for something that deserves to be hacked on and that wasn't one of them.
    I think you are exactly right, I think it was purely see if we can get an offsides/12 man penalty while they are switching, or catch them with the wrong personnel for a big, play.
    But once you know that wasnt going to happen I think they just had TJ throw it into the stands.
    I say good play on that.
    We were within a few seconds of getting them with personnel still coming on the field and that would have at least meant 5yds closer on the FG.

CCthebest is offline Hall of Famer

I gave it to Wade but Longwell was a close one.

Who voted for TJ? My god, he almost missed a WIDE open BB, he threw one of the stupidest INTs ive ever seen in the endzone, he cant mange the clock AT ALL, he missed at least 5 wide open receivers, wasnt even close on his last pass, cant evade the sack....want me to go on? TJ is ok at best. He did not win this game for us.

Randy Moss is offline Pro-Bowler

I don't think the last pass was supposed to be a completion.
    I think they were like "hey, we have nine seconds on the clock, why not throw one away to bring it down to five making the field goal the last play of the game."

CCthebest is offline Hall of Famer

"Randy" wrote:
    I think they were like "hey, we have nine seconds on the clock, why not throw one away to bring it down to five making the field goal the last play of the game."
    Childress said after the game they wanted a few more yards for Longwell. TJ simply made another TERRIBLE pass. But still a better pass then Gus would have made.

HoosierVike is offline Starter

"Randy" wrote:

thats a great idea and all.....until jackson gets sacked and we have no timeouts and the game is over

Mr-holland is offline Team Alumni

"CCthebest" wrote:
    "Randy" wrote:
    Childress said after the game they wanted a few more yards for Longwell. TJ simply made a bad pass.
    +1
    Fixed

Poor execution not coaching mistakes.
    Rosie O'Donnell is a dude!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"Turboe" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "TheVike1" wrote:
    LOL, I hardly think it had anything to do with confidence in his kicker but rather a bit of indicision on the Offensive side of the ball with respect to if they could get another play off to get it a bit closer.

I for one was very upset over all the time that ticked away, and how confused the team was, but in no way was I upset over the attempt to catch the Giants with thier shorts down and get it a bit closer.

Clearly TJ had only one target and he was to only attempt the throw if he was wide open.
    If he wasn't he was to throw it away.

Again, hack on him for something that deserves to be hacked on and that wasn't one of them.
    I think you are exactly right, I think it was purely see if we can get an offsides/12 man penalty while they are switching, or catch them with the wrong personnel for a big, play.
    But once you know that wasnt going to happen I think they just had TJ throw it into the stands.
    I say good play on that.

We were within a few seconds of getting them with personnel still coming on the field and that would have at least meant 5yds closer on the FG.
    It was pretty shacky though there at the end.

Looked like organized confusion if you ask me...... ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast