Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Suick is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: Gameball vs the Lions?

I gave it to Allen for scraping himself off the turf and finising off the pesky Lions.

I would have given it to TJ, but that floater after being hit which landed between 3-4 lions without the INT revealed to me why he got benched in the 1st place. Any other team would had a pick 6. Gus just would of taken the sack.....again.

That being said...he did spark the offense, no question.
    I've been a Viking fan since I was just out of diapers, hopefully we get Super Bowl win before I go back in 'em.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Suick" wrote:
    I gave it to Allen for scraping himself off the turf and finising off the pesky Lions.

I would have given it to TJ, but that floater after being hit which landed between 3-4 lions without the INT revealed to me why he got benched in the 1st place. Any other team would had a pick 6. Gus just would of taken the sack.....again.

That being said...he did spark the offense, no question.
    The key words there are "after being hit". When you are hit as you throw, there's no telling where the ball will go. just like 1 of Frerotte's picks when the ball was batted.

Frerotte would vave probably thrown it right to the defender like he did earlier in the game.

The Lord only knows why after 15 years in the season Gus doesn't know how to throw the ball away.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

T- jack... came in and did a great job. allen on D.... got hit low got up and wanted to cut somebody and still played the rest of the game. that is a old school man move.

sharpers name shouldnt even be up there. he blows

Big C is offline Coordinator

I voted for TJ. He brought a steadying hand to the offense and pulled off a comeback victory, helping the offense score 17 points in the second half. He didn't light things up, but he kept his cool and was on target. The floater was the result of a hit while passing from a unblocked LB.

He was playing like he did in pre-season. Confident. Calm. Accurate. It was a stark contrast to how Gus has played the last few games. I don't know if his threat to run opened up the running game a little, Bevell was more confident calling plays for a mobile QB or the O-Line just manned up in the second half, but we played solid as an offense once he got in.

Really nice to see him back to normal. I wouldn't mind him starting next week considering how Gus's play has deteriorated over the last 3 games.
    Halo 4. Start another fight.

PurpleMafia is offline Coordinator

I would have given it to TJ, but after coming back on the field after the hit, gotta go with JA. What an absolute animal. The dude thought he had a torn ACL, and tried to fight him anyways. Thank God for Ray Edwards stopping him, or without his 2 sacks and forced fumble, we may have lost.
    Retired 12/21/08

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789