Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Scoot is offline Training Camp
    The Vikings are 4-1 and we did win with a lot of field goals and special team efforts. Building good special teams is like gravy on a biscuit. A biscuit is good but even better with gravy. And I believe all of that has allowed the coaching staff to work in AP as they would like to without taking too many chances and its allowed the young defense to gain confidence. I dont believe were a super bowl team yet but were moving in the right direction..
    SCOOT28

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by digital420 View Post
    as JA once said.. every game is as important as the previous, and next.

i wouldn't say this stands out as a make or break game, but it carries the same weight as every game. the more this mentality sinks in the players the more i like it!! our hockey coach used to say.

this is the most imporant game of your life before every game, he had 10 reasons why it was. he'd go into a rant about what would happen if we lost, and praise about what would happen if we won.

my reasons why this is an important game? we are a REBUILDING TEAM.. sure we're rebuilding with a dragster loaded with nitros.. but we are rebuilding. each snap, each game situation is a learning experience for some, and gelling time for the team. you can't replace game situations on the practice field.

besides that. 5-1 is a great record after 6 games when we were told by the anal-ysists we'd be maybe 2-4

proving again that we are a team that can go toe 2 toe with anyone in the league just adds confidence to the entire players, staff, and the purple nation!!

so i don't have ten.. i'm not the coach!!

DiGiTaL
    +1
    Well said digital
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

This Game At Washington means the season

I guess it's over then. Pack it in.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    I guess it's over then. Pack it in.
    Damn! And here I was preparing myself to accept a loss to the Packers on the last game of the season, because we were resting our starters.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

lakehubertviking is offline Asst. Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerrigan91 View Post
    Hello Vikings fans, Redskins fan coming in peace. I think this is an intriguing "measuring stick" game for both sides.
    Congrats. I missed the first half and haven't had the heart to go back and watch it yet, but after seeing Andy Luck and Bob Griffin tear us up in the second half of our two losses I wish we would have lost another game or two last year (No slam on Ponder but they look good so far). Good luck the rest of the season.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234