Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Game thoughts

TheAnimal93 is offline Team Alumni

Game thoughts

the only thing tice has done wrong is hire scott linehan. coaches coach. linehan has not held up his end of the deal. point blank. we have plenty of GOOD weapons and if you cannot find ways to exploit these weapons you are not doing your job.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Game thoughts

"vikes can do" wrote:
    the only thing tice has done wrong is hire scott linehan. coaches coach. linehan has not held up his end of the deal. point blank. we have plenty of GOOD weapons and if you cannot find ways to exploit these weapons you are not doing your job.
    Agreed. I think both Coordinaters need to be replaced. The talent is there, it's simply not being utilized effectively.

For the record: I like Tice, always have.

Caine

Game thoughts

my thoughts on the game :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby: WE LOST TO THE BEARS :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire:
    Yesterday is History
    Tomorrow a Mystery
    TODAY is a GIFT that is why WE
    call it the "PRESENT"

Del Rio Guest

Game thoughts

We played one of the best defensive teams in the league. Their head coach is D-minded. They smack you around they all gang tackle and they are flying around like madmen.

The O-line looked like they were just trying to stay afloat and get out of there. The whole D looked like it lacked heart, and so did the offense with the exception of Pepper who had a rough game.

Moss didn't do jack. I watched 2 plays where he avoided blocking someone. I think he was depressed or something. He talked his talk and couldn't walk the walk. He must really be in pain still.

Not that they could have given him the ball anyway with the millionth of a second Pepper had.

To me it just looked sad, looked like the team lacked heart or desire to win and the bears were full of drive. There is no excuse for making Huchinson look like an all star. No excuse at all!

Watch next week he will be back to normal and the next QB who has proven he has moments of being great will pick us apart. This has been the story all year Cottrell sucks ass period.

/rant off

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Game thoughts

"dan3ski" wrote:
    Well if you want my input Culpepper played a very bad game. He locked on his recievers right from the start so the Bears dee could just watch his eyes all day. Then he took way to long to make a play. The line can only give him 4 seconds not 6-8 like he was using.
    DC had a bad game, I am not down on him, just wasn't his day against a tough D. DC was under a lot of duress. He made a lot of plays that other QBs couldn't. He kept a couple of drives alive. Without DC, we might not have had half of our points.

There were 3 INTs and 2 INTs were ????. Burleson should have caught that one. The 3rd INT, DC was hit as he released it and it went over Moe's head. One was legit, Urlacher read his eyes on the 2nd INT.

All I have to say to sum it up is one letter........................D

D
    Natural Grass

"Curse of the TURF," A good Kenny Maine, Maine Event skit for ESPN.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

Game thoughts

"Del Rio" wrote:
    We played one of the best defensive teams in the league. Their head coach is D-minded. They smack you around they all gang tackle and they are flying around like madmen.

The O-line looked like they were just trying to stay afloat and get out of there. The whole D looked like it lacked heart, and so did the offense with the exception of Pepper who had a rough game.

Moss didn't do jack. I watched 2 plays where he avoided blocking someone. I think he was depressed or something. He talked his talk and couldn't walk the walk. He must really be in pain still.

Not that they could have given him the ball anyway with the millionth of a second Pepper had.

To me it just looked sad, looked like the team lacked heart or desire to win and the bears were full of drive. There is no excuse for making Huchinson look like an all star. No excuse at all!

Watch next week he will be back to normal and the next QB who has proven he has moments of being great will pick us apart. This has been the story all year Cottrell sucks ass period.

/rant off

Del Rio I completely agree with your view of Cottrell! Playing a soft zone on 3rd and 17 with your DB's 10 yards off the receivers is stupid! Maybe the Jets got it right when they fired his ass!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Game thoughts

Playing soft on 3rd and 17 is not always a bad idea, that is, if anyone on you defense has any awareness at all. Remember you can give up 16 yards and still have a successful defensive play.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

elgordo is offline Rookie

Game thoughts

DC played a horrible second half.
    He was not finding the open wide recievers even though he had fairly good time.

Too many sacks are blamed on the O-line. There were several times when the Bears blitzed two or more players and DC had at least 4 seconds before he was disrupted or sacked.

If they are blitzing players it is the QB's job to get rid of the ball quickly so that he is not sacked. if they are blitzing 2 or more guys there has to be somebody open and it is his job to find them quickly.

The line did have some breakdowns, but it was not all there fault.

What worries me the most about this game is that the team seems to have no discipline. Stupid penalties our the fault of the coaches because they need to have the players disciplined in practice so they do not make those mistakes in the game.

uncle tony is offline Rookie

Game thoughts

My thought on this game is to forget it. Let's move on to the seahawks and take it one game at a time. The division is in our hands. Who want's it more the pack or us.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Game thoughts

"elgordo" wrote:
    DC played a horrible second half.
    He was not finding the open wide recievers even though he had fairly good time.

Too many sacks are blamed on the O-line. There were several times when the Bears blitzed two or more players and DC had at least 4 seconds before he was disrupted or sacked.

If they are blitzing players it is the QB's job to get rid of the ball quickly so that he is not sacked. if they are blitzing 2 or more guys there has to be somebody open and it is his job to find them quickly.

The line did have some breakdowns, but it was not all there fault.

What worries me the most about this game is that the team seems to have no discipline. Stupid penalties our the fault of the coaches because they need to have the players disciplined in practice so they do not make those mistakes in the game.
    Agreed - stupid penalties and Daunte's preference for hanging on to the ball too long wound up costing us big. He has to learn to check through on blitzes and find the drop off guy - or get outside and throw it away.

Caine

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast