Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: Game Play has Darrell Bevell Written All Over It

"Every play went through Coach Childress," said Bevell. "Everything was finalized through him, so this week it was a little bit different. I still kept Coach Frazier informed, told him what we're doing, how we felt like we should attack them. But it wasn't like, 'I don't like that, throw that out.'"

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "marstc09" #1079872
    I love it! This is getting funny.

Where are all the guys that every week challenged those saying Chilly was calling some plays? Zeus? Marrdro?
    Pretty sure if you read the ENTIRE article, it says Bevell called the plays.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "12purplepride28" #1079853
    Star Trib

My favorite quote from it...
    "Every play went through Coach Childress," said Bevell
    Every play in the GAME PLAN. Not every play call during the game.

If you're going to do a hack job, at least provide the full context so those who don't bother actually to read the articles (Hi, Mars!!) aren't given out-of-context ammo for ill-informed blatherings.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

HEY actually posted an article a few days ago (that i can't find to save my life) that talked about this. If I can find it I'll put it here, but it was talking about how even though Brad "gave up" play calling duties, he still played a big role in it during the games.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "12purplepride28" #1080245
    HEY actually posted an article a few days ago (that i can't find to save my life) that talked about this. If I can find it I'll put it here, but it was talking about how even though Brad "gave up" play calling duties, he still played a big role in it during the games.
    It does not matter Zeus is just like Chilly in his personality. He does not understand that Bevell might have called the plays but Chilly has the VETO power. My guess is that Chilly used that a lot judging by the players and coaches responses.

So Zeus I did read it thank you very much so you can go back into your hole now.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by "marstc09" #1080281
    It does not matter Zeus is just like Chilly in his personality. He does not understand that Bevell might have called the plays but Chilly has the VETO power. My guess is that Chilly used that a lot judging by the players and coaches responses.

So Zeus I did read it thank you very much so you can go back into your hole now.
    So when asked about what to run on the play the Noodle ran for 10 yards, "Leslie said........"

How does that differ from the Chiller injecting his opinion into what is called?

It doesn't. The HC has the authority to veto any play called for cripes sake. He's the HC.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by "RK." #1079875
    Yeah where is Marrdro? I tried to straighten him out in the "triangle of authority" thread about play calling. LOL
    How so?

Seems to me that we saw Bevs run the gameplan through Leslie just like we saw Pagac run it through Leslie.

Heck, based on what I heard on TV and read in some articles, Leslie spent most of his week in the offensive meetings giving his input instead of the defensive meetings giving his input.

How does that change the triangle of authority. Besides, the Triad had to do with player personnel signings not gameplanning my friend.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1080332

So when asked about what to run on the play the Noodle ran for 10 yards, "Leslie said........"

How does that differ from the Chiller injecting his opinion into what is called?

It doesn't. The HC has the authority to veto any play called for cripes sake. He's the HC.
    Yes, but lets put it this way.

Generally, the HC makes the call to go for it on 4th, go for two, kick onside, or pass for the first ina situation when you're trying to run the clock.

I bet Bevs asked Fraizer if he wanted to go for the first, or run the clock, Fraizer asked Favre what he feels comfortable running, and the rest is history.

again, not basing that on anything partictuar, but I'd be willing to bet something similar to that happened.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Not following your post. Please explain more. You lost me on the first sentence.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "marstc09" #1080348

Not following your post. Please explain more. You lost me on the first sentence.
    Don't feel too bad, he lost himself at "So when asked..."

Caine

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast