Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Game 6 Official Post Game Thoughts and Observation

[]

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

[]
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

[]
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

"Del" wrote:
    "Braddock" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:
    I think this team is still defining itself.

Berrian is looking up. If we can limit penalties and turnovers this team should actually do pretty well.

Winning against the Saints in NO with the passing game they have and on Monday night to boot is a great win. Regardless if it is by 1 point, 3 points or 50 points. Thats a damn good win. Period. As close as we are to being 1-5 we are just as close to being 5-1 4-2.

I wouldnt judge this team just yet. The next few weeks leading into the bye will be very telling.
    We've been needing to limit penalties and turnovers for the past 2 seasons, have we not? We've gripped about that since day 1... and still is much more of a problem than it should be.....

And our wins were not the way a good team wins. Especially against the Lions at home, and the Saints giving us so many chances/turnovers/penalties.

Ridiculous.

Chilly has given the team off the field discipline, compared to before, but on field production, what REALLY counts in a football team, is barely there and rather lifeless.

> grrrr Childress. Why must I share the same namesake with thy?
    Yeah I think you are right, but food for thought the past two years the roster has not been set. You have had WR's in and out QB's hurt starting sitting. Lineman new and old starting injured, asked to switch positions.

There has been an awful lot of roster movement. Im not defending the coaches I think they have been horrid as of late, but as far as penalties and lowering them roles need to be solid, defined and able to be filled. That is partly the coaches job... part of it is not. If the roster can actually be set if we can have a solid #1 WR if our line stays the same for 3-4 weeks I would wager you see those penalties go way down.
    Nicely said Del.
    It's nice to see someone else looking at this with both eyes other than Marr and I.

"ejmat" wrote:

Nicely said Del.
    It's nice to see someone else looking at this with both eyes other than Marr and I.
    Word of warning my friend.
    I've jumped ship.
    No longer will I make excuses or try to explain the Chiller.

Although I like alot of what he has tried to do, the problem is, this team just doesn't/can't seem to get over the hump when it comes to consistency.

At some point you have to look to the HC and his processes and procedures that he is using to get the team ready to execute his system.

For some reason he is lacking in that area and I am now firmly convinced that a change must happen.

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:

Nicely said Del.
    Word of warning my friend.
    I've jumped ship.
    No longer will I make excuses or try to explain the Chiller.

Although I like alot of what he has tried to do, the problem is, this team just doesn't/can't seem to get over the hump when it comes to consistency.

At some point you have to look to the HC and his processes and procedures that he is using to get the team ready to execute his system.

For some reason he is lacking in that area and I am now firmly convinced that a change must happen.
    Fair enough but I have to say I am dissappointed Marr.
    You have jumped ship to easily
    ;D.
    As I have said all along I am not a huge Chilly advocator however I think people can only speculate as to what is happening off the field.
    As far as on the field players have to execute in order for any system to work.
    The system seemed to be working the last few games.
    The only problem is miscues.
    As I have stated in previous posts only Wilf will be the one that shakes me one way or the other.
    It is his money so what he does is a good indication as to the real problem.

Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930