Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Game 5 Official Thoughts and Observations

"Del" wrote:
    Offense looked like garbage. They stacked 8 all night long and we still couldnt move the chains.

We would get them in 3rd 18 situations and give up uncontested 21 yard passes to move the chains.

Jared Allen gets WAY too deep on his pass rush. He does not contain at all. I watched the line play exclusively all game long and the Williams are getting doubled and Jared Allen is taking himself out of the play. He is essentially creating a pocket not attacking one. Brian Robinson on the other hand was attacking the pocket.

All in all we did enough to win and the ball bounced our way more often then not. A couple bad calls, a couple lucky bounces and we win. I will take it and I am happy about it, but this game did very little to excite me for the rest of our season. If they can build from this, gain confidence Ill be happy.
    I've been saying that for most of the season, but no one seems to be listening Del. Although I will give him props that he did hold up at the line for a bit as a pass defender on the tight end.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

thorshammer is offline Asst. Coach

It wasn't pretty but we finally figured out how to win one of those weird games and we finally got a couple of breaks from the refs instead of getting screwed by them. D played well. O hung in there. ST = oops. Play calling a little better. AD had a rough nite. We should pass more since it looks like we can make some plays then the run will free up a bit.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Childress threw Kluwe under the bus.
    He was supposed to be punting out of bounds and didn't.

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80b70ae1

Watch at about 0:48.
    Basically said that when he tells a professional punter to kick the ball out of bounds he expects it to go out of bounds.
    And also said that if he (Kluwe) can't get it done he will find someone who can.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Blog Entries

Another link about Kluwe.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/category/rumor-mill/
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"NodakPaul" wrote:

Basically said that when he tells a professional punter to kick the ball out of bounds he expects it to go out of bounds.
    And also said that if he (Kluwe) can't get it done he will find someone who can.
    But then again, he would have to be here next year in order to do that.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Feels great to get a win in a crazy-ass MNF game!

*rant on*
    I don't know what the hell this offensive line's problem is, but as a unit they played like absolute shit last night - pass pro was mediocre at best, and the run blocking was absolutely horrendous.

I don't really give a fuck if teams are stacking the box, you still need to block for your RB.
    Right now the o-line is embarassingly soft (IMO) and is getting owned by DTs and LBs on a play-by-play basis.

I won't pretend to know what the solution is, but they need to start playing better.
    The offense needs more balance than that; you just can't be one-dimensional on a week-by-week basis and expect to win a lot of games.
    *rant off*

Lets kick the crap out of the Kitties next week like we should!
    I want a shutout, we haven't had one of those in quite a while...
    Proud member of PP.O since April 5th, 2003!

Blog Entries

"singersp" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:

But then again, he would have to be here next year in order to do that.
    Nope, there are a lot of punters that we can bring in during the season.
    Kluwe is a decent punter, but he is replaceable any week.

Seriously, as a punter, you have one job.
    Punt the ball where you are told.
    If that is down the middle, it is down the middle.
    If it is in the corner, it is in the corner.
    And if it is out of bounds, then punt the damn rock out of bounds.
    I don't like Childress calling out a player to the press, but I agree with his anger.
    Zeus wrote:

=Z=

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

"NodakPaul" wrote:

I wouldn't necessarily call it throwing him under the bus, but rather calling him out. Maybe it's better kept in the locker room, but obviously Chilly was frustrated.

Good job Gus hanging in on that play, making the pass and taking the big hit.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

ragz is offline GM

childress has got to settle down.
    when you do as much wrong as we did in that game i dont think you can just jump all over him.
    i'm sure hes frustrated as hell, especially with his job on the line, but he could spread plenty of blame to go around.
    i know he had to explain what happened, but get that fixed with kluwe along with all the other shit.

looking ahead, they have to use this lion game as a way to get alot of the problems we have fixed.
    if we lose to the lions at home for some god forsaken reason i think that says it all.
    but if we take care of business and go into chicago that could be a game that changes the whole season around.
    with all the crappy play we've seen, if they can get it right on the road heading into the bye all bets are off.
    i dont mean to overlook the lions, but theres no way we can lose to them unless we are preparing for next years draft.

"self improvement's masturbation.
    now self destruction" that's enlightenment

keystonevike is offline Starter

Hi. I'm a new member.Just want to say "What a game last nite!!!!" The d bent but never broke, the o came alive in the 4th qtr., we FINALLY threw the deep ball, and hey! we even ran a trick play. The kick/punt coverage was POOR. Definitely needs to improve. Gus took a lot of hits but did what it took to win. Not spectacular numbers but made key plays when we needed 'em on a nite when AD was bottled up pretty well. Antoine Winfield is a BEAST!!!! We got some breaks from the refs but hey, a W is a W and now we need to string some together. BTW happy to be a member.

Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast