Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    tlk23 is offline Pro-Bowler

GAME ON!! 12-24-04

The Vikes are 3-2 on Saturdays in Week 16 including 2 wins in a row; aganist KC last year and Miami 2 years ago when I was a Christmas party. OOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHH. :cheers:

1991 season: Week 17 Sat Dec 21 1991 at Min Green Bay 27, Minnesota 7

Kleinsasser40 is offline Coordinator

GAME ON!! 12-24-04

My roommate and I said, as soon as the scheduels were released at the beginning of the season, that it would all come down to Christmas Eve, and look what this game has amounted to. How much more could be built on this one game? Border battle rivals, winner takes division title, #3 birth in te playoffs, and now with TO out that means a whole lot more! I can't wait!

This is going to be a game to remember. Both teams know what is at stake and will be playing their hearts out. I don't want to see ablowout either way, I want to see a hard close game through the entire 60 minutes!

Good luck to both teams, I hope both teams will be satisfied with the game in the end, play
    [img:2264cdc124]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v482/ultravikingfan/vikesklein.jpg[/img:2264cdc124]

TheAnimal93 is offline Team Alumni

GAME ON!! 12-24-04

hey packman,
    do you mind if i call you a favre milking, cheese eatin, mole of an asshole do you? let the smack roll. lol. got to love this shit. this is what we wait months for, what we pray for, what we all wanted when we saw the sked for the first time.

AND THE PACK WILL LOSE ON FRIDAY!!!!!!

rjkvikings is offline Asst. Coach

GAME ON!! 12-24-04

"loudog" wrote:
    If the Vikes win by 3 points or more, then the division goes to MN because of the first tiebreaker (head-to-head), in which week 17 will have no bearing on the division title. If the Vikes win by 1 or 2 points, then week 17 could decide the winner obviously based on the teams' records with GB having a slight advantage based on the tiebreaker and the fact that they beat the Vikes by 3, while MN won by less than 3, meaning the only way the Vikes could win the division is with a GB loss and a MN win in week 17, unless of course, the Vikes beat GB by more than 3 points. Sorry for the redundancy (I'm an accountant, and therefore must explain things as clearly as possible to people who are unsure of what's going on).
    I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think points come into it until later tie breakers. I believe the head-to-head just counts wins and losses. No Points at all.

eastcoastvikes is offline Starter

GAME ON!! 12-24-04

I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think points come into it until later tie breakers. I believe the head-to-head just counts wins and losses. No Points at all.

Exactly, If the Vikes win they win the division if GB by some miracle wins they win the division case closed after week 16. I have to be honest, I wouldn't have it any other way!

Sig courtesy of josdin00

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

GAME ON!! 12-24-04

Weird scenario.....???
    Let's say we win the division and loose to Washington..we're 9-7..theh the pack win in week 17 and are 9-7...

Seattle wins their remaining 2 games and goes to 9-7...would they be the 3rd seed because they beat us in a head-to-head!...that means we would have to play GB in the first game of the play-offs again at the dome and then go to PHilly if we won....That would suck!!!

GreenBaySlackers is offline Star Spokesman

GAME ON!! 12-24-04

"LosAngelis" wrote:
    Oh, no one...I was just the only one predicting the Vikes below 11 wins. :-) But, I was predicting the same for the Pack...
    no if i remember correctly, there were a lot of ppl saying 10-6

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

GAME ON!! 12-24-04

"bleedpurple" wrote:
    Weird scenario.....???
    Let's say we win the division and loose to Washington..we're 9-7..theh the pack win in week 17 and are 9-7...

Seattle wins their remaining 2 games and goes to 9-7...would they be the 3rd seed because they beat us in a head-to-head!...that means we would have to play GB in the first game of the play-offs again at the dome and then go to PHilly if we won....That would suck!!!
    That sounds correct to me, unfortunately!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

GAME ON!! 12-24-04

I would just rather play Philly than Atlanta....You know what Vick does to Vikings...and their defense is decent....With or without TO I think we could beat Philly especially based on the Monday night game...Without..they should be scared of us....

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234